Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Remove LFR, Flying Mounts ---> Millions Resubscribe

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

What changes would bring you back to the game?

Deleted
    they would drive more away from the game than they bring back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a perfect example of hyperbole. I don't think you're even remotely close. Your personal preference != everyone's.

Yeah, no. They would lose even more by doing that. The people who quit did not quit because of convenience features alone.

I agree. It could cause 2-3 million to resub, and 5-6 million to unsub. So yeah about 3-4 million active subs left.

Deleted
    Well if you removed them both I'd probably stop playing. LFR is a medium inwhich i've been using to gear my alts up before jumping straight into SoO normal/heroic.

Flying mounts is a nobrainer, if you don't want to use them THEN DONT USE THEM simple really.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    I agree. It could cause 2-3 million to resub, and 5-6 million to unsub. So yeah about 3-4 million active subs left.
    The 5-6 million unsubbing is believable, but I really doubt 2-3 million would come back to a game they had played for 9 years just because they removed mounts and LFR.

Oh, this will yield some fish, no question.

10+ Year Old Account
    New avatar for Jaylock eh, nice. This would drive away more people than it would actually bring back - Players do not like things they could already do taken away, who knew!? We've seen this with the vast amount of complaints about not being able to fly during leveling. We can also see this when we look at the amount of people who is currently doing LFR (front page even has a pretty graph for you) - this amount heavily outnumbers the amount of people who even killed the first boss in SSC (hell, we could even go with Karazhan due to the amount). In short, no.

LFR ain't going anywhere. It's the only thing allowing the majority of players to see the raids. Of course seeing the content has zero meaning because it's so easy/awful and is emptier than a synagogue in Afghanistan. But really, all Blizzard cares about is people seeing the raid zones they've created.

I can't say I blame them in the end. They take tons of money and lots of effort to make the raid zones and the vast majority of WoW players still wouldn't complete it on normal as shown by their own statistics.

10+ Year Old Account
    ye . X millions would resub and X^2 would unsub . simple as that .
    You know there are private servers offering a variety of TBC-Classic options (also highly not recommended).
    If you don't like the game then you might wanna look for another game
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    While we are at can we remove Arenas too??

No they are now apart of game & can't be removed, but they can be changed to fix some problems.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Make people realize flying mounts aren't mandatory -> millions resubscribe.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.
    also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubs
    How is removing heroic mode and making normal the new "difficult mode" not catering to casuals..

Terrible idea if they did that wow will for sure being dying then or shutdown.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2013-10-28 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    If this were to happen I would quit right away

I find it hilarious that people still believe this...

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Yes, they would resubscribe to any other MMO other than WoW. Optional things are optional
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I see the ban period has ended.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Is a perfect example of hyperbole. I don't think you're even remotely close. Your personal preference != everyone's.
    How would you know that I was "even remotely close" without them trying the changes I've proposed? Simple answer: you don't. I know its anecdotal, but I personally know several people who would resub if LFR alone was removed from the game. And thats only one change.