Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    People arent leaving because of flying mounts or LFR and its silly to think those are the main reasons for the decline in population. Im sure there are a handful of players that dont like one or the other or even both, but the vast majority like them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    You take my dragons away I'll cut you.
    You can still have your dragons, its just that they wont fly anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You can still have your dragons, its just that they wont fly anymore.
    I see you're now just ignoring everything said thus making the discussion pointless and requiring thread closed

Flying mounts = Most awesome idea in MMO's. Other MMO's wish they would have it if they could spend the time working out all the details of allowing flying in their world without breaking it. I'm amazed blizzard hasn't found a way to incorporate flying into raiding or PVP. Flying is one of the key attributes that raises WOW above other MMO's.

Remove LFR...that horse is being flogged in other threads but no.

if this was announced at Blizzcon... wow, I would be a happy man

I can list a bunch of things wrong with the game. none of them include mounts and that is sure as hell not why I stopped playing nor is lfr (I hate it but doesn't affect me since I never bother with that shit besides gearing up alts)

Remove flying mounts= millions unsub. I can't belive we're having this discussion again lol. OPs wishes= not everyone elses.

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

What changes would bring you back to the game?
    Well Blizzard are certainly banking on your assumption because they do intend to remove flying for current content & they are 100% counting on people who have left in the past resubscribing.

The only question will be how many leave versus how many come back & where does that leave the sub numbers. That is Blizzards gamble to either win or lose and it will be interesting to see where the chips fall.

Infracted and locked thread, please don't necro old threads.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-31 at 11:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    (looks at silly thread about OP's fantasy of how WoW will work...notices who the OP is... sighs).

Most of the people who've left at TBC are NEVER coming back. If they were 20 then, they're 26+ now, etc. They've moved on. But then, this is a Jaylock thread so logic won't matter much here.
    Last edited by clevin; 2014-03-31 at 12:37 AM.

I think many people underestimate just how many older players who have quit because the game got too casual friendly, would actually resubscribe making a few TBC esque changes to the game.

If the developers removed LFR, and flying mounts from the game (i actually like the fatigue bar where you cant fly forever), also removed the heroic difficulty, so essentially normal difficulty is the hard difficulty, and flex became the new normal, millions of players would resubscribe.

With connected realms being implemented, the issue of low pop servers is essentially a thing of the past, so pugging for flex wouldn't be an issue for the LFR crowd. And bringing back a sense of accomplishment to the game, as well as reduce ilvl inflation through 4 difficulties would really go far in many people's books.

I know these changes would see me back in the World of Warcraft in a heart beat.

I'm an old player. I've been playing since a couple of months after original launch.

I'm a casual player now. I used to raid. In fact I raided every single tier from MC, ZG, BWL, AQ20&40, Level 60 Naxx, all the way through until Dragon Soul. I've got other stuff going on and now I don't raid.

Even if I still wanted to raid, why would I quit over LFR? Why would I care, for a moment, if other players are getting inferior copies of the gear I was getting through heroic modes? Why would I care if they get an achievement for simply killing the boss on an easier mode, when I can go and get all the other achievements associated with doing other modes of difficulty?

How does LFR impair an older player or serious raider's sense of accomplishment? You have a higher iLvl, better gear, presumably better survivability/DPS/HPS, depending on your spec. You have more and better achievements, some with better rewards (mounts, titles, etc).

I understand and support arguments on both sides of the "no flying" debate, but I can tell you right now for free: You remove flying mounts altogether and forever, in 100% of the world, and I guarantee you would enrage more people than you would encourage people to resub.

Maybe I like LFR. Maybe I like the ability to queue and play with people at any time of the day and night. Yes, it's easy. Yes, it's trivial and a joke compared to hard modes. It's supposed to be. It's supposed to be a bit of an introduction to raiding, or a way for people to see content and be able to progress their character to a diminished degree even if they can't/won't raid traditionally.

I don't raid anymore and I don't want to. I won't say I can't, but I'm nearly 10 years older now than I was when I was raiding 6 nights a week in vanilla. I've got different priorities, a different lifestyle, blah blah blah.

The point is, LFR serves its purpose. I can run around and at least see the boss and get my inferior gear to raiders and have a small feeling of progression. I'm not going to impress anyone or break any kind of world record for DPS or whatever. But I don't want to, either.

I'm not sitting here jealously looking at other people in their heroic gear - I just think it's cool and I remember briefly the days when I was doing the top content. They were fun times, and it's cool to me that other people are having fun doing the top stuff.

So why look at LFR'ers and make comments like "They're taking away my sense of accomplishment!" Is better gear not enough? Higher achievements not good enough?

Also, you take away LFR and "replace" it with Flex and this is what happens:

1-2 weeks after new tier of Flex is announced, reasonable and attainable iLvls are requested.
    3rd week on, unreasonable iLvls demanded for anyone who wants to participate (unless they are already raiding Normal/Heroic modes - i.e., not the "target audience").
    The level 90s of people who don't have friends to carry them or gold to sink on buying all the gear off the AH, or can't/won't raid for whatever reason get left behind in a cloud of dust.

Yes, you can turn around and say "Well then they can just run their own group!". Sure, they can, but don't sit there and act like replacing LFR with Flex is any kind of solution that would fix the convenience of LFR.
    Last edited by Peyj; 2014-03-31 at 01:15 AM.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when this seemed like a thread meant to troll the board. Now flying is gone and I bet Lfr goes away too. Prophet Jaylock.

This is a fun thread so I'll contribute.

Remove dual spec = millions return to the game.

Why? Because one spec is hardcore and that's how it was in BC. Duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    We have a bunch of redneck yahoos that like to set them off in the cul de sac where I live, and 60% of their shit ends up in our yard or on our house. Not infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocarbs View Post
    We have a bunch of obnoxious wetbacks that like to play their mariachi music where I live and nearly all their family ends up parking in our yard. Infracted

Odds are Blizzard won't be removing LFR anytime soon as their stance seems to suggest. Flying is being removed for all of 6.0 and Blizzard is going to take this feedback to see if they should extend that any further. Whether or not they re-add flying to 6.1 as per their current setup, I really doubt millions will resubscribe. Millions? I'm sorry but that's delusional thinking.

Neccrrrooooooo
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    I remember when this seemed like a thread meant to troll the board. Now flying is gone and I bet Lfr goes away too. Prophet Jaylock.
    Well, since Heroic Dungeon will give comparable loot to LFR in WOD, definitely a prophet - minus the millions returning. The game will continue to shrink (which is too bad but have to be realistic here) until it plateaus around 5M subs, especially with this 12+ month final patch. Blizzard truly deserves it at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Doubt it, they've changed the game waaay too much. Its not really WoW anymore, its a new game imo.

They completely are. How many people do you see riding horseback to the store in daily life? As technology advances, so too does the world advance with it. This is very much the same in WoW.
    It's a matter of perspective.
    Currently, flying allows you to do something in a set amount of time - faster than running, flight paths or ground mounts - but it really just boils down to effort vs reward.
    Blizzard can remove or change flying and adjust rewards so that your feel of effort vs reward remains the same, or even improves.

Someone made a post in Blizzard forums about changing flying to make it less "mandatory", instead of removing it.
    I think it's a good read, if you take off your tinted glasses.
    The Future of Mounts (Constructive)
    Not perfect, but I think it's a good start.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-03-31 at 03:31 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Say your right. You take away flying and lfr and 1-2 million comeback. The problem you have is that a bigger portion of 7+ million you have now will leave.

I think you OVERestimate the amount of people that left because of that. All those 'hardcore' players that complain about LFR or flying are just a few loud voices. They will lose more subscriptions over not allowing flying and removing LFR than they would gain by your ill conceived idea.

Reinstatement of flying as a thing in current content, and increasing the capacity to queue for random raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I'm hearing:

"Hey guys, there's now even less to do! Doesn't that sound fun?"

Sums it up pretty well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I have been playing the wildstar beta for the last while and boy do i miss mounts insanely.
    It's not even that i want to skip "content", but the monotonous task of running back to a quest giver sometimes takes more time then the actual quest.
    It's boring and doesn't add anything.

I played wow since beta and EQ before it. Not ever have i felt that flying was "bad" or took away from content. I have consitently seen more of WoW with flying then i ever would without. I would just skip stuff that took to long before.