Thread: [SV]Aoc and BA

[SV]Aoc and BA

Hey fellow hunters,

I have several questions ever since I started gearing up my hunter:

1. I got AoC from LFR this week and I notice that it reduces the cooldown of black arrow to (around) 18.3 seconds. Now what is the best way to go about using this? Do I just use it on cooldown, overwriting the old BA that will still be on there, or do I wait til the old BA falls off and then reapply? Whats the bigger dps option?

2. If I know serpent sting is going to fall off and my cobra wont make it in time to refresh it, whats the best way to reapply it. Do I wait for 1 second left then re serp sting, or do i let it fall off completely and reapply? This question also applies to question 1 in a way.

Thanks!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    As with any dots, simply reapply between the last and second to last tick. So that's 3 seconds for SS and 2 seconds for BA unless I'm mistaken on the duration between ticks.

Beace is correct. Don't forget the travel time (around ~1s at most distances) for a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is when you have the 4p t16 and you get a chain of like 15 explosive shots which take prio over re-applying your BA.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Another question I guess would be is: what is the dps loss from letting a dot fall off completely and reapplying it vs before the final tick. Substantial? Insignificant? somewhere in between?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Another question I guess would be is: what is the dps loss from letting a dot fall off completely and reapplying it vs before the final tick. Substantial? Insignificant? somewhere in between?
    If it just happens once, it's very minor. Seems more common to happen nowadays if you get lucky ES chains.

Also try to time it with procs. Overlapping a few seconds of your last BA for an agi buffed BA is much better than completely missing the buff.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Also try to time it with procs. Overlapping a few seconds of your last BA for an agi buffed BA is much better than completely missing the buff.
    How would you know? You don't even play anymore lol

Deleted
    Because doing the math doesn't require you to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    Problem is when you have the 4p t16 and you get a chain of like 15 explosive shots which take prio over re-applying your BA.
    Gotta love when you get a massive chain of LnL and just as the first finishes another LnL procs.