Poll: At least one new model shown at Blizzcon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They might show a few, but I do not get why people are so thrilled about this.. They wont look that great.

Also OP your sig makes my head spin.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    They might show a few, but I do not get why people are so thrilled about this.. They wont look that great.

Also OP your sig makes my head spin.
    A lot of people think this means a full rebuild of the graphics system....

Sometimes hard to tell them apart from people who just hate how the human males run with a stick up their ass.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going to be pessimistic and think no. I think they would rather have all models done and then show them all off.

I think they are going to come up with some reason why they can't do it and sorry for the pent-up excitement but that this was another reason why Blizzard doesn't like announcing features before they are ready because they might "change their mind".

Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    IIRC, the new models are supposed to utilize the same skeleton (albeit possibly some altercations) while adding more polygons into the facial features among others so that it will look close to the beautimousness of the Pandaren. Don't quote me on this though, because I could be wrong. Still, I have high hopes that they will look better and more fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    They could of lied saying they weren't done so people wouldn't get all excited until they showed them at Blizzcon.
    I've been thinking this the entire time People underestimate Blizzard's fooling skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so, but I honestly am not counting on it. I can't remember when that quote was from, Blizz only being about 25% complete with the models. But if that is true I can't imagine them being very far along. I don't think Goblins/Worgens are going to get any re-touching, and I am fairly certain they stated Belfs/Draenei wouldn't be a priority either. That leaves 4 races per each faction, 25% finished would mean (to me at least) they have 1 of each faction finished, or near completion. I'm guessing either humans or dwarfs for alli, and orcs for horde.

Who knows though, I could be completely off base, but I am very hopeful we will get a peak at either the human or dwarf models. I'm a horde player, but we have already gotten a nice idea of what the orcs will look like with the new Garrosh model. Time to see something different.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    big message that says when next expansion is announced: "New Race Models"
    And 5 seconds after that you'll see "Dance studio"

I think other than the new expansion news it is probably the single most anticipated thing floating around out there in the community. I think they would be doing themselves a disservice by not showing off one or two if they have them done.

I'm pretty positive that they'll show us a glimpse on atleast 1-2 races... that's not alot to ask now... is it?

Please blizzard... I'm so curious...

Think they will show some new models or at least a peak at unfinished ones and how they should look. Only dont want them to put too much attention on that part of expansion, since imo it rly is the most irrelevant part of game, dont want another Cata where they tried to build the hype about the expansion by pushing the Azeroth revmap as the major feature and then failed hard on all other aspects of the game and the way they presented it.

Doubt it. I may be pessimistic here but the fact that they delayed them for nearly 2 expansions kinda makes it seem too good to be true... or something.

I'm doubting they'll show any character models. Last I recall, they were roughly 20% done with the character models.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    A lot of people think this means a full rebuild of the graphics system....

Sometimes hard to tell them apart from people who just hate how the human males run with a stick up their ass.
    That is the sad truth. :/
    Alot of people think they will get a completly new system that gives them everything, ranging from 3d armor models on chest/pants over highly customizable body/facial features to new not shitty looking animations. I think alot of these people set themself up for disappointment. Also blizzard hasn't exactly shown that their character design recently improved in any way, to me it still seems that you have a 50/50 chance that your character will look good or bad.. female worgen and male pandaren bodies and the retarded look on female pandaren faces say hi in that regard.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-10-29 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavala_451 View Post
    Hardly, I used to work as a design co-ord for several companies (game and systems). I would put money on the fact that have taken their time to coincide for a release with the new expac. It feels disingenuous to me.
    Blizzard do need as much clout with this expansion as they possibly can, I understand that this is for sure a make-or-break moment for WoW, so from a marketing point of view it's smart but from the feed back to players over the last 18-months you couldn't be blamed for feeling a little annoyed

Arm chair critics, aren't we all that?
    They've been completely upfront about the fact that they're taking their time with it. Not because of any dishonesty but because as it's purely aesthetic, pouring a lot of resources into it would take time away from developing actual content. Would you have liked two raid tiers with reused boss models? Releasing the new models at the start of an expansion is pretty much the only time they can do it, because in the gap between xpacs there's no steady stream of content they have to keep up with. Will they take advantage of this to make it a selling point? Probably, but so what?

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect to see 2 races at least, and if none are shown it will be a major disappointment. New models as a feature of the next expansion is one of the biggest selling points to me.
    I think it will breathe some fresh air into the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aabay123 View Post
    I'm doubting they'll show any character models. Last I recall, they were roughly 20% done with the character models.
    25%. Doesn't sound very much? Would it sound like more if they'd said a quarter done?

Keep in mind that for most of this projects development it's been a side-project: not top priority. I think it's been just recently that they've made it into a fully active project which means they should make much faster progress.

They have finished some models so far and already said they will not release all model updates at once. So i bet they will make this one of the 6.0 features.
    <inactive>

Would be pretty awesome, though how far are they progressing yet?
    50%?

Quote Originally Posted by aabay123 View Post
    And you believe that? They could've lied to try and conceal the hype so that they can surprise everyone at Blizzcon with them.