Poll: At least one new model shown at Blizzcon

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why do people care this much about something as silly as character models when there are major gameplay issues like input lag still pissing people off. Especially since everyone's already seen atleast one NPC of basically every race with the tweaked models. You're definitely playing for the wrong reasons if you're actually thinking about resubscribing for such a thing..

Personally I'm quite worried that they might sacrifice character fluidity for superficial reasons making the character more clunky and the hitbox feel awkward, kind of what Taurens are now.
    Last edited by Strafir; 2013-10-29 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    Why do people care this much about something as silly as character models when there are major gameplay issues like input lag still pissing people off. Especially since everyone's already seen atleast one NPC of basically every race with the tweaked models. You're definitely playing for the wrong reasons if you're actually thinking about resubscribing for such a thing..

Personally I'm quite worried that they might sacrifice character fluidity for superficial reasons making the character more clunky and the hitbox feel awkward, kind of what Taurens are now.

Don't tell people what they should or should not care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Don't tell people what they should or should not care about.
    Don't tell people what they should or should not say.

And really, graphics will always be less than gameplay, the complaints about graphics are from the people who buy the new Maddn each year because the leg sinew looks so much more realistic. We really don't need those people

I'd love to know the exact workflow Blizzard puts in place, it always feels like:

We are working on some awesome new thing thats a priority because its so awesome
    Now we thought of another awesome new thing so the previous awesome new thing is getting delayed as we move designers onto the new awesome thing
    Someone suggested another new awesome thing so now the original awesome new thing is 10% done and will be released when its done but the new awesome thing after that is now shelved but this new new awesome thing WILL be coming out
    All three awesome new things will now be in the next expansion instead of a future patch

Ontopic, I'd LOVE to see atleast one new race model, just give us one, something! PLEASE, it will keep players going, it's pretty much something they have to show imo, we all love a good tease it keeps us paying that subscription.

I also think the next xpac really is time for them to release them, but I have the bad feeling that this is a project that keeps getting pushed back, damn that guy at the blizzard table suggesting new ideas each day! Haha.

I think they might be redoing animations to the level of Pandaren also, and I think this is whats making them take much longer, plus obvious marketing facts such as teasing and another reason to buy new xpac/resub when they come out etc.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I thought they said Dwarves were (mostly) done quite a long while back, and that they'd be released as they're finished. So, I wouldn't say it's IMPOSSIBLE we'll see some preview of at least one or two races!
    I'd love to see the update dwarven models! That and draenei are some of my most anticipated models.

If updated character models are a feature/selling point of Expansion V, then yes, I'd imagine they'd show 1/2 model(s) to whet our appetites. If not a feature, then I'd still expect some form of a teaser to, you know, give us something to say "yay!" about.

I think it's pretty obvious they are holding onto the new models for next xpac as an excuse to not introduce a new race. So yea, they will be shown.

Deleted
    I voted yes, mostly because I sincerely hope we'll see something rather than actually believing we will. Still, it seems unlikely they would keep it all hidden at this point. It's practically public knowledge, and showing a finished model - heck, even an incomplete one would do - to the public will prove to us that they're aware of our eagerness for them, and that hopefully they'll be finished soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely, if it's a new feature. They'd need to at least wet our appetites with something, anything, to show they're moving along smoothly and have some slim chance of making it live before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I'd say cautiously optimistic describes my thoughts on the matter pretty accurately, too.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Would you have liked two raid tiers with reused boss models?

If it meant getting updated models; the answer to this question is yes, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Don't tell people what they should or should not say.

And really, graphics will always be less than gameplay, the complaints about graphics are from the people who buy the new Maddn each year because the leg sinew looks so much more realistic. We really don't need those people

Whoa, sick burn. You're still telling people that what you care about > what others care about and that what they want not being what you want meaning that they are stupid. That's pretty damn silly.

You can go "no you" for 10 replies after this one, but that doesn't make what you just wrote any less stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Whoa, sick burn. You're still telling people that what you care about > what others care about and that what they want not being what you want meaning that they are stupid. That's pretty damn silly.

You can go "no you" for 10 replies after this one, but that doesn't make what you just wrote any less stupid.
    This post has made me happy.

I definitely think they'll show something at Blizzcon, consider, as others have said, devs talked about a couple of races being basically finished several months ago. I'm sure they've gotten more work done since then and there hasn't been much word on it as of late, so this would be a perfect time to show the goodz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    My guess is on the reveal cinematic we'd have some race wearing a helmet, only to take it off revealing A BEAUTIFUL HI-RES FACE

yes that would be so typical!!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Oh yeah, i am expecting that they will show us... and the thing is: they will show more than we expect!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is the sad truth. :/
    Alot of people think they will get a completly new system that gives them everything, ranging from 3d armor models on chest/pants over highly customizable body/facial features to new not shitty looking animations. I think alot of these people set themself up for disappointment. Also blizzard hasn't exactly shown that their character design recently improved in any way, to me it still seems that you have a 50/50 chance that your character will look good or bad.. female worgen and male pandaren bodies and the retarded look on female pandaren faces say hi in that regard.
    I think New animations is a given, the rest is not happening. But too Manu people think this'll be GW2 quality graphics after the update, not MoP quality graphics.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I certainly hope so ! they could at lesat show the ones they're done with right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I expect to see or the new models or a big message that says when next expansion is announced: "New Race Models"
    This def, im pretty sure they are waiting it out to have some additional to throw into the exp pack

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel there are more pressing issues at hand, than char-models.
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so.

Deleted
    Yes one or two would be nice just to have an idea what to expect. There's many who are waiting for this.