Poll: What type of WoW player are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Intermediate.

I have time but I don't raid (although I PvP quite a bit nowadays) so I guess that puts me somewhere in the middle.

I would say Intermediate? Raid 2-3 days a week in 10m Normal (having issues on Thok) but I dont play much outside of the 3 raid days due to lack of interest in the expansion anymore

The problem with these labels is that everyone has a different definition for them.

I have 11 90's, plus other toons on other servers with various levels. I have 18k achievement points, I'm Insane, I have every rep (minus PvP reps) at exalted. I only play about 20 hours a week now. I've only done LFR this expansion, don't raid otherwise, etc. I think valor capping is silly. PvP has no place in a PvE game, etc...

Someone who logs on for a couple hours a week and just spends time on his one level 90 would think I'm a hardcore nut. But I think I'm the definition of casual, because I don't adhere to any kind of gaming schedule.

Semi-hardcore here, I raid 9-15 hrs/wk heroics/normals on scheduled raid days and then weekend Flex/LFR with friends, and I'm also on a lot just AFK or doing other stuff. Not quite hardcore, I have yet to actually change my IRL schedule around the game other than one time last tier to kill H Animus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say I play 30 hours a week. That's prob hardcore as far as time but I don't do heroic raiding. I do Flex / LFR / Conq cap on my mage and then mess around on a bunch of my alts the rest of the time. My job is only Thursday and Friday nights and the only thing else to take up my time is College

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    I play like 140 hours a week.
    So you play 20 hours / day and sleep 4 hours / night?

My friends, we've found a bot!

Deleted
    I'm a dedicated roleplayer, a hardcore PVPer and a casual raider (mostly LFR).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Hmmm too bad you missed the option 'retired hardcore active casual'. which i believe the majority really are. I certainly belong in that section.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been unsubbed for well over a year now, so I would say extremely casual Even when I was playing I never belonged to a guild that actively raided current-tier content, I pretty much always preferred to stick out on my own and find my way solo with a few recurring companions here and there. I think I had about 15 people on my friends list when I left, maybe three of them I'd talk to regularly when logged in.

Mostly I would play WoW with my wife. We'd put the kids to bed and take our laptops out to the kitchen table and just run around exploring together and doing whatever interested us at the time.
    Last edited by RicardoZ; 2013-10-28 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Hmmm too bad you missed the option 'retired hardcore active casual'. which i believe the majority really are. I certainly belong in that section.
    Why does it matter that you were hardcore at one time? The purpose of the poll is to see what players are now. And it's obviously casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Timewise I would call myself casual. I only actively play on raid nights, which is three nights a week (thur, sun, tue). During these three nights though, I would call myself hardcore-on-the-low-side, which means I put alot of effort into the time I do spend raiding.

Generally I'm just logged on though, socializing with my friends (who seem to think that WoW is the best way to socialize). I would do the occasional flex or LFR but nothing that really matters.
    Zhezl - Level 90 Mistweaver Monk.
    Do you really not know anything about how businesses run? What, do you think Blizz is ran by 30 people - 15 of them are working on WoW, 10 of them on SC2, 4 on Diablo, and a retarded donkey worked on this app for a few months? Do you also think that hamsters power their servers and when they get tired, all the servers crash?

10+ Year Old Account
    id like to think im in a casual mindset. guild raids 4 hrs a night for 3 night we might do a 4th night if we are close to kill. i do flex with friends and shit but I have a casual mindset because i cba to gear up alts and shit
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Very casual right now. Leveling an alt and enjoying the scenery and quests in zones that I haven't done in a long while. Not raiding and grouping up only with family and good friends.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Semi-Casual maybe.

I still put in like 25-30 hours into the game per week, but I don't consider myself hardcore. I used to raid hardcore, as in raiding 4 nights a week and doing stuff on alts the other days, but right now I'm in a social guild and I don't really raid. I do LFR, different things on my main (farming achievements, rep, mounts, pets) and I level alts and gear them up.

What I like about playing fairly casual is that there are no obligations for me to play. If there's a night when I have a concert to go to, or I want to go to the cinema, or for some reason want to do something else than playing WoW - nothing is stopping me. I can always do the things I do at other hours. But being in a hardcore raiding guild means you need to be available certain days and hours, and I enjoy having freedom.

I voted intermediate, I raid two days a week. Current progress is 4/14 heroics, last tier we did 10/13 we could never get Animus down.

Difference between a casual and a hardcore imo:

A hardcore player is a player who plans ahead to play the game, and makes his plans revolve around this.

A casual player is a player that simply plays when nothing else is in the persons schedule and they have some free time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend a lot of time online (easily more than 20 hours per week), but like you can see from my armory, I still never achieve anything noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I spend a lot of time online (easily more than 20 hours per week), but like you can see from my armory, I still never achieve anything noteworthy
    I like that you got more or less higher gear then our highest raider but still not done any hcs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    I like that you got more or less higher gear then our highest raider but still not done any hcs
    It makes me wonder too that there are people with worse gear but with 6+ heroic bosses down. We couldn't even kill immerseus HC because some people can't just stop tunneling or use their defensive cooldowns, and our average ilvl was slightly under 560. But one does not simply change guild, especially if they play ret paladin.

Casual now.

I log on to do anything between, dailies, pet stuffs, running old raid content with my best friend, mount farming, LFR, alt levelling, sometimes just to chat. Been in the same guild for 7 ish years.

Some weeks I log on every day for anywhere between 30 mins -3 hours
    Some weeks I log in 2-3 days for an hour.

Of course now and again I get a whole day to myself no interruptions haha, and maybe play for a longer block of time, though these are a lot rarer

Average gametime per day is probably in the region of an hour to an hour and a half.