Poll: What type of WoW player are you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have several 90s but my highest and main is only ilvl 529
    I run LFR and Flex often, but don't clear all content every week and have never finished a normal or higher raid
    i don't have the legendary meta or cloak on any toon
    i have at most about 20,000 gold on all my characters
    i have all professions maxed out but don't use them all and never bother to do daily-cooldowns
    i play about 15~20 hours a week
    i spend more time researching the game than playing it
    i have at least 10 addons, and custom Weak Auras for most of my alts.

i would call myself semi-casual

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Casual: 20 hours a week
    I do a couple cooldowns, I do the daily kill 20 elites quest, usually scenario and dungeon for rep (not even revered on any toon for august cels, need bags!!) and early week i've been pounding LFR for sigils and SotE and now for Runestones. After that, a little bit of work on alts, depending on my mood.

I am an on again/off again PVPer. I do RBGs but haven't this patch and my main PVPer has barely been logged in on.
    Last edited by ItachiZaku; 2013-10-30 at 05:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I chose intermediate, but as time passes I am slowly moving down that list. Soon to be semi-casual. I am currently raiding normal mode with a 25 man guild, 4 hours a week and we are 11/14.

10+ Year Old Account
    These days I log in almost never. So I chose casual.

Deleted
    Arenas only, from couple of hours up to whole days of pvp. Guess that intermediate.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't really think you count as casual unless you are the sort of person who doesn't even have a max level character, my BF is casual, his top character is like 78, and he plays maybe 10 hours a month, and mostly he just fishes and mails me what he catches (and i dump it in the trash/vendor)

THAT'S casual

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i don't really think you count as casual unless you are the sort of person who doesn't even have a max level character, my BF is casual, his top character is like 78, and he plays maybe 10 hours a month, and mostly he just fishes and mails me what he catches (and i dump it in the trash/vendor)

THAT'S casual
    My girlfriend just started a few weeks back. I expected her to be very very casual, maybe play a little once a week or whatever, if she even continued playing at all. But now I realize I may have created a monster. A sexy, sweet, nerdy monster.

There's something about your girl saying "baby, can you do a couple dungeons with me real quick?" that makes a man's heart melt... lmao

But seriously, yesterday she was playing when I got home. She began telling me about the new talents she got, new abilties etc., and I'm like "that's awesome, you can use that with..." and she says "yeah, i already know that. I looked it up on wowhead while you were at work, i use my resources."

And I'm like, fuck, this girl's already ahead of about 89% of the WoW community....

It makes for fun times

All that said, I think she's going to end up being an intermediate type herself, maybe a raider with the interest she shows in the specifics of her character already.

15+ Year Old Account

THAT'S casual
    Perspective. I also have a friend who's only been max level once during an expansion. I guess most people would see me as intermediate or semi-hardcore. I know all my theorycraft and stat weights and reforge/gem/enchant all my shit as soon as I get it. I've got about 60K in the bank as well, just lazy or I'd save more for mounts.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Out of curiosity, what sort of decisions caused you to quit?

I see complaints all day from pseudo-hardcore players about LFR and such, but I'm interested to know what would cause an individual with your playstyle to decide to quit.
    It was a number of things really. One was the decision not to introduce any more 5-mans after the originals available at launch. I love(d) running them and the idea of then being replaced by scenarios did not fill me with joy. I tried some scenarios and just couldn't enjoy them.

Consequently, with no 5-mans to occupy me, my end game content was LFR. I couldn't manage guild raids because I am six hours behind realm time so was always missing the start times. LFR then began to really annoy me. I don't know if you remember how it was in the early days of Durumu, Dark Animus and especially Lei Shen but it was brutal in the amount of time spent to finish a section (much how I read SoO LFR seems to be at the moment). After leveling eight characters to 90 and rotating any number of them through ToT LFR every week, I became bored. I didn't enjoy any of the other optional content (Pet Battles, Brawler's, Challenge Mode etc.) so decided to call it a day.

I will miss my guildies though, a great bunch of people.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a lot of WoW after work and stuff as it's how I wind down after a long day, but I don't do anything above flex raiding anymore.
    I would consider myself semi-hardcore simply because I log my characters daily, have various things going on with them that aren't raiding but still require time and effort.

I don't think "hardcore" is measured by if you're in a heroic raiding guild or not, I think it's more to do with how much time you put into the game doing various things.
    Someone who spends their time logging on to level all their pets to 25, collect all the rare ones and farm mounts is hardcore in my books.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanthanum View Post
    It was a number of things really. One was the decision not to introduce any more 5-mans after the originals available at launch. I love(d) running them and the idea of then being replaced by scenarios did not fill me with joy. I tried some scenarios and just couldn't enjoy them.

Consequently, with no 5-mans to occupy me, my end game content was LFR. I couldn't manage guild raids because I am six hours behind realm time so was always missing the start times. LFR then began to really annoy me. I don't know if you remember how it was in the early days of Durumu, Dark Animus and especially Lei Shen but it was brutal in the amount of time spent to finish a section (much how I read SoO LFR seems to be at the moment). After leveling eight characters to 90 and rotating any number of them through ToT LFR every week, I became bored. I didn't enjoy any of the other optional content (Pet Battles, Brawler's, Challenge Mode etc.) so decided to call it a day.

I will miss my guildies though, a great bunch of people.
    Gotcha. Understandable. I really believe there needs to be some sort of option at endgame for the more casual player than LFR. I think there's a lot of players in your boat, where after realizing LFR is their only real option at max level, they grow weary and bored.

Just because everyone runs LFR for gear they can't get elsewhere (alleged popularity), I don't believe many of the genuinely enjoy it.

As someone else said, "Ball in a cup is better than no game at all." And I think that is where the LFR popularity really comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Someone who spends their time logging on to level all their pets to 25, collect all the rare ones and farm mounts is hardcore in my books.
    i agreed core-ness is not what you play, but how you go about playing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    As someone else said, "Ball in a cup is better than no game at all." And I think that is where the LFR popularity really comes from.
    It's a ball in a cup! and there's a string attached to the ball!

It's a ball in a cup! and there's a string attached to the ball!
    lmao

It's gear! On a boss! And there's AFK'ers attached to the gear!

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to be hardcore but, with work and new responsability, I had to go more casual, I dont even raid anymore ...

10+ Year Old Account
    I play for fun. I will try anything if given the opportunity. Mostly FLEX right now and some Normal. I will PvP if I feel like beating people up.

I'd say i'm a semi hardcore player, spending at least over 30 hrs a week and sometimes around 100. Playing in 4 day HC Progression guild on a semi high level... Doing research about everything and having 7 alts on 90 that i play on, on and off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    I don't think "hardcore" is measured by if you're in a heroic raiding guild or not, I think it's more to do with how much time you put into the game doing various things.
    Don't know where I should put myself tbh. I play 70+ hours per week, but I don't raid. And I don't do much PvP.
    I spend most of my time collecting pets/mounts and achievements. Alone. Not sure if anyone would consider that more than Casual.

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    intermediate, I raid flex and normal mode, I do achievements, farm mats for gold, and do stuff with guildmates or friends when I am not raiding.

Peeeee veeeeee peeeeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I'm no Casual, and I'm WAY no Hardcore - I'm in DA' middle MON'