Poll: For or Against lowering the subscription cost to $9.99

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you be FOR or AGAINST lowering the subscription cost to $9.99 a Month???

Just as the title suggests, if Blizzard lowered the subscription cost to $9.99 a Month, would you be for or against such a change?

The cheaper, the better. Especially when so many other great games cost nothing per month.

I doubt many who quit do it because of the subscription price and I doubt a lower one would bring them back, unless it was removed completely. So that means less money for Blizzard and less content for us so... against.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    The cheaper, the better. Especially when so many other great games cost nothing per month.
    yep. how could anyone be against lowering the cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Lower cost means lower revenue for Blizzard, which would likely cut into production budgets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted other, because I don't think cost specifics are of concern to just about anyone who plays these games. I think the sub cost could actually go up provided enough services were included. I actually am in favor of Blizzard having a battle.net subscription for like $30 a month that provides something for all of their games and enhanced features. For Ex: 1 character service a month (can be stockpiled), 50% any new game, beta access to all games, enhanced cosmetics and a special xp buff in D3, one free arena entry a day for Hearthstone, Maybe some portraits and additional customization in SC2, free skins for heroes in Heroes of the Storm....I know that sounds like a lot, but most of this stuff requires no continual effort from their staff while making sure that people stick with their brand for all gaming needs.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I would. There's repercussions for a company making less money. Those repercussions are passed onto the consumer. The $15 fee it is now is still ridiculously cheap, and is the same price as it was 10 years ago when WoW launched. Even though the cost to make and support the game has sky rocketed in the past 10 years, the cost has stayed the same. Adjusted for inflation, the game actually costs less money per month, than it did 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I voted other, because I don't think cost specifics are of concern to just about anyone who plays these games.
    Pretty much this. People who complain about sub cost, have other issues.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-10-28 at 09:01 PM.

Of course I would love a lower subscription fee, though I'd rather it go free with a premium account option for a $15 dollar fee. Any bit of money helps the game and I like the idea of having everything unlocked for me if I pay.

I don't see Blizzard removing it, rather they would make the game free.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    ^Agreed. Blizz needs to step it up with content as they have become complacent, this coming from a pretty big fanboy.
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    ^Agreed. Blizz needs to step it up with content as they have become complacent, this coming from a pretty big fanboy.
    IMO Content's been better than ever.

I don't care for the price personally since I have no problem paying for it, but others I can understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I get that this is largely a troll post. But one thing to consider is that in the grand scheme, unless they charge like $30 a month, it won't really matter if they lower the cost. People who are bored with this game are not quitting because "shit this just costs too much." They quit when the realize its been 2-3 weeks since they logged on and they have no urge to relog.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I pay in 6 month blocks, so that makes my sub more like $12 a month instead of $15.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    I get that this is largely a troll post.
    Consider the source, yeah, you may be on to something.

If they want to drive more traffic to the blizzard online store, then they should make it F2P so that you have to go buy things like extra action bars.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyman64 View Post
    Lower cost means lower revenue for Blizzard, which would likely cut into production budgets.
    fair enough but one could argue that a lower cost would attract more players thus resulting in a net gain

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends. If lowering the sub fee that much would bring in enough players to increase profits for blizzard, then i'm for lowering it. If lowering the sub fee won't bring in enough players to increase profits, then i'm against it.

I want the game to be profitable enough that they'll invest the time and resources into it to make it great again.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I voted other, because I don't think cost specifics are of concern to just about anyone who plays these games. I think the sub cost could actually go up provided enough services were included. I actually am in favor of Blizzard having a battle.net subscription for like $30 a month that provides something for all of their games and enhanced features. For Ex: 1 character service a month (can be stockpiled), 50% any new game, beta access to all games, enhanced cosmetics and a special xp buff in D3, one free arena entry a day for Hearthstone, Maybe some portraits and additional customization in SC2, free skins for heroes in Heroes of the Storm....I know that sounds like a lot, but most of this stuff requires no continual effort from their staff while making sure that people stick with their brand for all gaming needs.
    I understand your point of view - and don't truly disagree with it, to be honest - but I'd be concerned about the set of players who only really want access to the game itself. As much as I'd love the goodies that your plan would offer, my income as it is right now would force me out of playing WoW. If your idea was part of a tiered subscription schedule, with game time as the bottom tier, then that'd be fine with me.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    IMO Content's been better than ever.
    I agree. Throne of Thunder and Siege of Orgrimmar have been two of the best raids in recent years. Indeed, they're probably the two best raids since Ulduar or ICC (debatable). Patch content has been great, too. MoP is easily one of my favorite expansions.

As to the question in the OP: Of course I'd be for paying less, but it'd be foolish to suggest that the game would improve because of it. Sub numbers probably wouldn't rise much while content would suffer from the reduced revenue.

edit: Oh, Jaylock has a new avatar. Had I known this was one of this threads, I wouldn't have bothered replying =/
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

10+ Year Old Account
    im all for cheaper shit but 13 dollars a month isnt that big of a deal to begin with.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Balazzar View Post
    I get that this is largely a troll post. But one thing to consider is that in the grand scheme, unless they charge like $30 a month, it won't really matter if they lower the cost. People who are bored with this game are not quitting because "shit this just costs too much." They quit when the realize its been 2-3 weeks since they logged on and they have no urge to relog.
    That's my point. They're still going to get bored again if they try the game with a lower fee. Only way for Blizzard to keep bringing good content while ALSO coming up with new ideas to revitalize the game (which returning players might stay for) is to have the money to do it, a big budget cut isn't going to help that happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Against. For it to make a difference that a consumer would notice, they'd have to lower the price to at least $10 per month. That would reduce their revenue by 33%, which in turn result in people layoffs, and that would result in longer content patches and hit in their quality.

I don't think current price of $15 is significant at all. One night out can cost 2-3 times as much. And considering how much enjoyable time you get from those $15, it's value is already tremendous.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)