Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Question about blood dks. When I use DRW and apply diseases I can see 4 diseases on the target but in combat log, recount and on the numbers on top of the target I only see my 2 diseases doing damage, does that mean that DRW diseases don't do damage?
    Last edited by Khain; 2013-11-04 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Question about blood dks. When I use DRW and apply diseases I can see 4 diseases on the target but in combat log, recount and on the numbers on top of the target I only see my 2 diseases doing damage, does that mean that DRW diseases don't do damage?
    They deal damage. The reason logs don't show it directly is DRW is treated as a pet (or something similar) so it has its own section and isn't part of the player's damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

While Weapon Damage is important for Death Knight Tanks, it certainly isn't more important then actually increasing the Damage of your Damage Dealers. He's being greedy, and his current weapon is perfectly fine.

Deleted
    Bullshit. I can dish out 120k dps with Shadowmourne. YES, weapon dmg helps dps, but by a small margin. Most damage comes from a combination of ap(thus vengeance)+crit/haste as Blood.
    In terms of surviving he might just equip a lvl 1 2hander. It's only the attack speed that influences it slightly. In terms of threat... yea; first seconds of a pull might be troublesome with super horny geared deepsers who also get tricksed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arekk View Post
    YES, weapon dmg helps dps, but by a small margin.
    Unless I have a stark difference in opinion of what a small margin actually is, this is patently false and would be immediately apparent if you spent 5 minutes running simulations with a proper priority. Weapons are still one of the biggest DPS upgrades for Blood DKs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Unless I have a stark difference in opinion of what a small margin actually is, this is patently false and would be immediately apparent if you spent 5 minutes running simulations with a proper priority. Weapons are still one of the biggest DPS upgrades for Blood DKs.
    They are biggest per item slot you can get in a current tier. Really.

Assuming upgrades of the same item level, there is no possible higher DPS upgrade for a Blood DK than a weapon unless there is an extremely overpowered trinket. Chests, legs, helms, and weapons all share the same, highest possible stat budget on an item, but weapons have extra weapon damage on top of that (whereas armor pieces have armor, obviously). For example:

Normal Chestguard of Congealed Corrosion
    Heroic Chestguard of Congealed Corrosion

Upgrading from Normal to Heroic gets you 268 Strength, 301 Stamina, 148 Crit, 197 Haste, and 233 Armor.

Normal Greatsword of Pride's Fall
    Heroic Greatsword of Pride's Fall

Upgrading from Normal to Heroic gets you 268 Strength, 301 Stamina, 165 Crit, 187 Haste, and 3523 extra average weapon damage.

You get essentially the same increase in stats for either upgrade. However, upgrading a piece of armor gets you a tiny bit of extra physical damage reduction (assuming you're in normal/heroic Siege gear, about 0.1%) whereas upgrading a weapon gets you a big chunk of extra weapon damage that equates to anywhere from ~8-15k extra DPS.

The attitude that "tanks should tank, DPS are responsible for the DPS" is outdated and ignorant of how the game works now. Tanks can do as much or even more damage than DPS can in some situations, and in terms of item level, a better weapon is the biggest damage increase that a Blood DK can get. Your raid's total DPS is the only thing that matters, not the individual DPS of each player. Sometimes it's better for the raid's DPS to give a weapon to a tank; sometimes it's better to give it to a melee DPS. When the gear and skill level of the players are similar, chances are it's going to be pretty close, as Auk showed in his sim results.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    The attitude that "tanks should tank, DPS are responsible for the DPS" is outdated and ignorant of how the game works now. Tanks can do as much or even more damage than DPS can in some situations, and in terms of item level, a better weapon is the biggest damage increase that a Blood DK can get. Your raid's total DPS is the only thing that matters, not the individual DPS of each player. Sometimes it's better for the raid's DPS to give a weapon to a tank; sometimes it's better to give it to a melee DPS. When the gear and skill level of the players are similar, chances are it's going to be pretty close, as Auk showed in his sim results.
    Tanks only outdps melee dds if they have plenty of vengeance and the actual dps from weapon damage is always higher for the dd.
    Anyway as I've said before: Dps first unless the stats are favorable to the tank or the tank gets a higher ilvl upgrade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryopathy View Post
    The attitude that tanks should prio dps is retarded and creates a lot of issues instead of nice progress. It generally affects the after 5% ranked guilds. So pls. Your first job as tank: not die. Rest do it if you can, but stop spreading this bullshit. Most can't handle it or understand how it's done properly.

I never said that tanks should prioritize DPS over survival. I said that tank DPS is important, which it is. You can easily stay alive while also contributing a lot of DPS, and you would be doing your raid a disservice if you are not trying to maximize your DPS once you are comfortable surviving. This post happens to be about whether Weapon DPS is important for the DPS of Blood DKs. It is, and it's not "bullshit" to say so, it's pretty simple math.

This tier I advocate (see here, here, here)capping hit/exp at 7.5%, getting as much Stamina and Mastery as you need to feel comfortable, then stacking Parry after that. If people misinterpret that somehow and think they should gear for pure DPS with no regard to their survival, that's their problem, not mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arekk View Post
    The attitude that tanks should prio dps is retarded and creates a lot of issues instead of nice progress. It generally affects the after 5% ranked guilds. So pls. Your first job as tank: not die. Rest do it if you can, but stop spreading this bullshit. Most can't handle it or understand how it's done properly.
    In my current situation, extra survivability isn't needed so what exactly should I prioritise? Maybe I should stack mastery and stamina just to be safe and lose 200k raid DPS because clearly it doesn't matter as long as I survive.

Once you reach the point of having enough survivability the only thing that matters is DPS and at least in 10-man, that point isn't hard to reach.