Leveling inscription in preparation fot next expac

So I'm wanting to start preparing for the next expansion in terms of professions to make gold because I've quit raiding until then. How many scribes is enough to make a good profit with the DMF? I currently have about 120k (I know that's not much to some of you) and 3 scribes. I was also wondering how much it costed at the beginning of THIS expansion to do this, so I can get a ballpark idea of what I'm in for.
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    So I'm wanting to start preparing for the next expansion in terms of professions to make gold because I've quit raiding until then. How many scribes is enough to make a good profit with the DMF? I currently have about 120k (I know that's not much to some of you) and 3 scribes. I was also wondering how much it costed at the beginning of THIS expansion to do this, so I can get a ballpark idea of what I'm in for.
    Honestly I would not worry about it yet until beta launched. Reason being is we don't know for certain Scribes will be able to craft deck cards again or if they'll do drops, etc until it hits beta and datamining starts happening.

That way if it isn't craftable you aren't out the gold and if it is craftable it won't take but a few hours to hit max if you buy all the mats.

Can take months to research all glyphs, especially if you don't log on daily to do your CD's. So it's not a bad idea to have inscription on your char and start researching!

I had 6 scribes ready to go at the start of this expansion. It was absolutely amazing for a period of months, especially since the Relics were BiS for so long. However, now, they sit and gather dust while my 5 alchemists are still very useful and have been for years. If you have 3 scribes that should be sufficient to make enough gold but not feel like you have wasted profession slots when their daily cds are no longer relevant to current content.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Maybe but if you speculate and guess things correctly before everyone else knows them after Beta Launch etc then you get much richer :-)
    I do that with all my Golds all the time.
    why speculate when you'll have the information long before the xpack launches. plenty of time to level his scribes. he doesn't need to learn all of the inscriptions. just get to max level and make cards, make hundreds of thousands of gold and then relearn another profession.

The best thing to do is simply start farming the herbs needed for all of the scribes you want. if you want 5 scribes farm the herbs for them. When launch happens you'll be ready.

It's been said already but we have no idea how Darkmoon cards are going to work next expansion. So not much prep can be done there until beta launches. But if you are planning on selling glyphs as well then I would highly recommend buying up as many herbs as you can at the end of MoP when they are dirt cheap and start converting inks. At the launch of next expansion they will all convert to the next ink and will be very expensive to down convert. Unless we get screwed again lol. Fortunately inscription is one of the cheapest and quickest professions to level.