Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Character Item lvl Scalingb brings new life to legendaries

Pictures this when you are running with friends or alts, which is, I think, the main reason this content is being developed.

Can you imagine? Running around Stratholme Dual-Wielding Sulfuras and Shadowmourne while wearing the legendary cloak.

Not only legendaries, but cool weapons that have insane procs like Gurkthalak and the sets that grants your favorite set bonuses.
    All while choosing your favorites enchants among all of them.

This amount of customization will bring some new life to the game all around.

I'll be using glaives on my DK for sure.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hadn't even thought about that. I'm sure the procs/set bonuses sill be disabled, but it will be nice to just equip them and run something.

Oh my.......I didnt even think about this!!

I have Thunderfury, Hand of Rag, and hopefully the offhand glaive will drop for me after.....well I can't remember how long. You better believe I'll be rocking those legendaries from time to time.

You know who would rock that feature? That warrior that got the legendary neck from Rag, you know, the only guy on earth with that legendary. So that guy goes into MC with that neck piece, the cloak, the gem, and TGs Thunderfury in his OH and Sulfuras in his MH.
    Last edited by Selah; 2013-10-29 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would let us do this with BGs, not just PvE events!

Dragonwrath, cape, and meta gem, heyoooo
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    They will be scaled down the same rate as the rest of your gear, so a lvl 90 using a lvl 70 legendary entering a lvl 70 instance will still end up with the legendary being scaled 70/90*70=54.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They will be scaled down the same rate as the rest of your gear, so a lvl 90 using a lvl 70 legendary entering a lvl 70 instance will still end up with the legendary being scaled 70/90*70=54.
    We don't know this for sure. By the looks of it, it just scales the gear down to one level across the board, like Proving Grounds and Challenge Modes, both of which scale the gear down to 463, regardless of what it's actually at.

10+ Year Old Account
    too bad Strat is boring.

Val'anyr!! weeee

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, that's not what happens. For starters, gear stats are dependent on iLvl, not level requirement, so scaling the latter down doesn't do scrap. Then what Blizzard does is cap iLvl. So while the level 70 legendary might be scaled down, it won't be scaled down nearly as much as the level 90 gear. At worst, both will have the same iLvl.

So basically you are saying ALL items will scale down, except legendaries?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    No, read his post again. I want to insult your intelligence, but I'd get infracted for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    No, read his post again. I want to insult your intelligence, but I'd get infracted for it.
    You should have insulted me :-)

I thought everything would scale down and spells and stuff which wheren't available at a certain level, would not be useble.
    So the procs described in the OP, would not be there....... right?

Glaives on my frost DK, hell yeah. Or or or Shadowmourne, or Thunderfury, or Sulfuras. Oh the possibilities
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I think what he´s saying is that the ilvl will be scaled down, so a lvl70 item in a lvl70 dungeon shouldnt be scaled down that much compared to a lvl90 item.
    A legendary will have a somewhat higher ilvl then a rare or epic lvl70 item, so it may be scaled down a tad due to that, but a lvl90 item will be significantly scaled.
    Presumably all gear will be pulled down to a set ilvl cap, much like what happens in a challenge dungeon, or BG.

So presumably, if you´re in a dungeon with a ilvl 200 cap, using a item that is ilvl100, that item will still be ilvl100 (Im just assuming there is no upscaling, since that would make no sense), while both a 201 and a 600 item will be scaled down to 200.

What's more interesting is the (potential) new meta game of fishing for your best two 2-set bonuses from different tiers that synergize the best.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What's more interesting is the (potential) new meta game of fishing for your best two 2-set bonuses from different tiers that synergize the best.
    Sounds like fun!

I don't want spoil the mood, but read what is written: "Patch 5.4 added an interesting feature to the game that allows character levels to be scaled down in dungeons." Same about gear.