Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Killed Hexos, received no credit....

Hey guys, i recently killed Hexos, not only once but twice and received no credit. Before you say you have to complete the maze, i have seen people kill the boss and die right after that AND STILL receive credit. I don't understand this, i have killed him countless times frustrated. I can get him to about 40% most of the time and often 15-25% but that's not the point, i don't deserve credit from him but i worked countless hours for this. I killed him, i worked for it.

I made a ticket because i am not going to let this slide. Anyone else have problems like this?

Too slow, mortal.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Hey guys, i recently killed Hexos, not only once but twice and received no credit. Before you say you have to complete the maze, i have seen people kill the boss and die right after that AND STILL receive credit. I don't understand this, i have killed him countless times frustrated. I can get him to about 40% most of the time and often 15-25% but that's not the point, i don't deserve credit from him but i worked countless hours for this. I killed him, i worked for it.

I made a ticket because i am not going to let this slide. Anyone else have problems like this?
    That's why you put in a ticket. and give them the times. We can do nothing for you.

Yeah sometimes it bugs out, its a known issue. But if you don't finish the maze, sorry bro but you didn't "complete the challenge", the challenge aint to kill Hexos it's to kill Hexos and complete the rest of the maze. I've killed it on 2 chars never had this issue, but every time I hear people with this problem they always say they die right after killing him. And that's your problem. Stop dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    I've not got to Hexos yet, but I've seen quite a few people kill him but not get the credit after, seems to be a more common bug than it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me 8 kills with no credit, I then just did it on an alt instead first time. Pretty sure there is something off about it, but eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I killed him and didn't get credit either 2 or 3 times before I finally did it. I had a ticket open and then closed it after I did it. You have to take your fingers OFF your run buttons and just stand still and turn yourself out of the maze. Once the beams FULLY go away, you win. They have to go away which means it's not over until they do. Be sure to not be holding the run buttons down or you'll just break free and run into the fucking beam like I did after Hexos dies, lmao.

Oh and GL with the final boss, rofl. What a fucking grind that was as a warrior.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Just finish the maze and you should be fine.
    Maybe people died in the maze and still recieved credit, but in that case THEY had a bug, not you, not if you died in the maze even after Hexos's death.

Well, kinda makes sense that you have to actually finish the maze and not die to get credit, it always kinda bugged me when someone would get credit for winning despite dying. This is how it should be.

Now if only they could design bosses that provided some challenge that isn't completely trivialized by being a ranged dps... Doing Disruptron as a non-ranged for example should be a feat of strength.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't finished the maze and received credit, so I don't think you have to finish it.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post

I spent 9 hours, 1200g, butchered my UI, and cut fingers off simple gloves to keep my hand from sticking to the desk after switching from kb to mouse turning. Twice denied the kill, 3rd time I continued to follow the maze after he fell off until I was ported out of the arena and I won. I feel accomplished but I think they should make the pink shit disappear soon as he reaches 0%, it's only fair for those like myself who spent hours on the fight only for the game to laugh in my face saying "Do it again." Later I did consider doing it again for shits n giggles but the repair costs are a no go for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Well, kinda makes sense that you have to actually finish the maze and not die to get credit, it always kinda bugged me when someone would get credit for winning despite dying. This is how it should be.
    How it should be? The encounter should end when Hexos dies. Period. On live, when he does die, his body disappears almost instantly, giving you nothing to navigate through the maze with for the next 5 seconds until the game finally realizes you've done him in. It's extremely disorienting and chances are you'll be caught completely off guard like I was my first kill. I was just relieved to be done with and let my guard down, so naturally I stopped caring about lasers and died a few seconds later. Was upset when I didn't get credit. Wasn't an easy boss for me. I killed him twice later that day and finally got credit, but it was a kick in the balls to finally get him down only to be trolled by shitty mechanics.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    First attempt I got him to post 20%, second attempt I killed him and died to maze, same happened the third time. The fourth attempt I went with Dark Bargain and immediately after killing Hexos I used Dark Bargain, got ported out after ~7-8 seconds and got credit, but died once outside. Maze gets so disorienting after Hexos dies so if you have anything remotely close to Dark Bargain I highly recommend using it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    How it should be? The encounter should end when Hexos dies. Period. On live, when he does die, his body disappears almost instantly, giving you nothing to navigate through the maze with for the next 5 seconds until the game finally realizes you've done him in. It's extremely disorienting and chances are you'll be caught completely off guard like I was my first kill. I was just relieved to be done with and let my guard down, so naturally I stopped caring about lasers and died a few seconds later. Was upset when I didn't get credit. Wasn't an easy boss for me. I killed him twice later that day and finally got credit, but it was a kick in the balls to finally get him down only to be trolled by shitty mechanics.
    ...You have nothing to navigate the maze with? How about your camera.

By default settings when you right click turn your camera does too. If you disabled this for some reason re-enable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

With gear inflation right now, I see this "bug" a lot. Only it's NOT a bug.

You have to kill Hexos and THEN continue doing the maze until the end. Even if Hexos dies, the maze still has to be finished.

I just killed him at the very same time as i completed the maze, a while ago, so i was lucky i guess. Didn't know you had to complete the maze on top of it (if it's not a bug)
    Considered you managed it twice, and then died to maze, iẗ́'s not a dps problem anymore, so just finish the maze. It's a lot easier without a rotation to maintain.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

First time I killed him I died and didn't get any credit as well. The next time I just continued dodging the maze for a while until I got the credit.

I killed him 6 times before getting my first credit, didn't bother making a ticket, just give it another shot and try not to die after killing him.

Happened to me before

Even the announcer said i beat him but died

I did manage to take him down and my advice is you gotta keep dancing even after the boss is dead cause the purple lines keep coming 5 seconds after he dies

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyEyez315 View Post
    I spent 9 hours, 1200g, butchered my UI, and cut fingers off simple gloves to keep my hand from sticking to the desk after switching from kb to mouse turning. Twice denied the kill, 3rd time I continued to follow the maze after he fell off until I was ported out of the arena and I won. I feel accomplished but I think they should make the pink shit disappear soon as he reaches 0%, it's only fair for those like myself who spent hours on the fight only for the game to laugh in my face saying "Do it again." Later I did consider doing it again for shits n giggles but the repair costs are a no go for me.
    Unless it was changed within the past week you've never gotten durability loss for dying to Hexos lasers.

Signature Created by Jassinta