[PvP] Elusiveness + Glyph of Feint VS Cheat Death

Hi.
    New to rogues so still learning the class, not 90 yet. Planning on doing a lot of bg's to get the hang of the class. Would Elusiveness + Glyph of Feint be better than Cheat death?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's worth the energy cost in BGs to keep feint up. But I'm not sure, I'm not that much into PvP.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Hi.
    New to rogues so still learning the class, not 90 yet. Planning on doing a lot of bg's to get the hang of the class. Would Elusiveness + Glyph of Feint be better than Cheat death?

Thanks!

For BGs ignore Cheat Death. Elusiveness is the bomb and remember you aren't playing a tank. As a rogue you are an assassin waiting to leap from the shadows to land the killing blow. Think like a ninja - get in, get out and /lol while you tea bag your opponent who is sitting on the other side of the monitor trying to figure out what just went wrong. That is why people hate rogues and why you will LOVE playing one... <vanish>

Yeah, i'm seeing that i need completely diff setups for arena & goofing off in bg. I went with BoS for BG for fun, running flags, getting away and such. So i guess i'll grab Elusiveness + feint glyph. What should i put for the other glyphs?

For arena i'm assuming i'll run cheat death, shadowstep, blind glyph etc. for better control?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalrian View Post
    For BGs ignore Cheat Death. Elusiveness is the bomb and remember you aren't playing a tank. As a rogue you are an assassin waiting to leap from the shadows to land the killing blow. Think like a ninja - get in, get out and /lol while you tea bag your opponent who is sitting on the other side of the monitor trying to figure out what just went wrong. That is why people hate rogues and why you will LOVE playing one... <vanish>
    inb4 a warrior takes a shit on your corpse

Keep it clean. No more of this. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-30 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Yeah, i'm seeing that i need completely diff setups for arena & goofing off in bg. I went with BoS for BG for fun, running flags, getting away and such. So i guess i'll grab Elusiveness + feint glyph. What should i put for the other glyphs?

For arena i'm assuming i'll run cheat death, shadowstep, blind glyph etc. for better control?
    I'm still a big fan of elusiveness. I've tried cheat death and I honestly can't remember winning a match because of it while elusiveness and COS have saved my bacon many, many times. As assassination I've learned over the years that resetting the fight is critical to winning. The longer I can avoid getting gibbed the better chance I have to reset and win the match. Add in shadow step (thank you Blizz!) with redirect and focus blind = really good control and decent damage.

That is until we get "shit on by warriors" and scumbag locks but then that is what vanish is for....

I run elusiveness under almost all conditions. Cheat Death can be better, especially if the enemy team will pop cools to get a kill.

When flag carrying:

I run nightstalker, elusiveness, burst of speed, shuriken throw. Paralytic can be good, but I prefer Prey because of the power it offers in RBGs. I also run combat readiness when flag carrying.

For glyphs, I glyph feint and recovery. I often use cloak as my last glyph, especially if the enemy team is warriors. If a hunter will be owning me, I glyph evasion instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always use elusiveness for pvp. Cheat death is only useful in pve.

Just to help the OP:

I recently went assassination for arenas as long as I have a healer otherwise I’m sub with double damage comps. I'm not saying this is the best spec but this is my spec and it works for me, perhaps for you too.

Here is my spec: Shadow focus( great for openers 75% off energy cost ), Deadly throw( Pretty awesome interrupt and slow ), Elusiveness( Feint spam for the win ), Burst of speed( Glyphed you are as fast as a mount on two legs ), Prey on the weak ( your cc + 10% more damage while cc'd ), Shuriken Toss ( helps build a defense against mages and hunters ) OR get Marked for Death for instant 5 combo points.

Glyphs: Glyph of Recovery ( While recup + 20% more healing from healer ), Glyph of Sprint ( turns your burst of speed to 100% same as mount speed ), I went with Vendetta may change to something else at a later date.

Summery and pros and cons: 100% run speed same as mounts and this makes you the most mobile class in the game and best flag runner, Able to shrug off 30% DPS with Feint spamming, you are able to defend yourself you are trapped/snared with range attack shuriken toss and silence and slow a range target with deadly throw. The cons are without mark for death you have to build up your combo points instead of instant free 5 every 1 minute, and shuriken toss costs a lot of energy which could delay burst attack, rogues tend to be targeted to be killed first and we are weak die quickly.
    Last edited by COLWRAITH; 2013-10-30 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    Just to help the OP:

Here is my spec: Shadow focus( great for openers 75% off energy cost ), Deadly throw( Pretty awesome interrupt and slow ), Elusiveness( Feint spam for the win ), Burst of speed( Glyphed you are as fast as a mount on two legs ), Prey on the weak ( your cc + 10% more damage while cc'd ), Shuriken Toss ( helps build a defense against mages and hunters ) OR get Marked for Death for instant 5 combo points.

Glyphs: Glyph of Recovery ( While recup + 20% more healing from healer ), Glyph of Sprint ( turns your burst of speed to 100% same as mount speed ), I went with Vendetta may change to something else at a later date.

I find it strange to play without either dirty tricks in your talents or glyph of blind. I mean as mut. in arena you often want to have your rupture on several targets to keep the energy coming + your poisons = chances are that any target will have a bunch of dots when you want to use blind. In my opinion you need one or the other.

@ the OP: I use to have elusiveness + glyph of feint for BGs, I am testing at the moment glyph of cloak (40% less damage), combined with elusiveness it can provide quite a bit of mitigation when needed.
    Last edited by Gnu; 2013-10-31 at 08:35 AM.
    "I win because I'm a ninja. I kill everybody else because they suck ass. To even play a rogue takes an enormous amount of skill beyond what noobs like you could even imagine." Kishkumen, World of Roguecraft 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheat Death is useless. Feint is the best (without the glyph of feint).

At least for arena this statement is true as can be, perhaps for BGs Cheat Death *could* be useful due to you being in stealth most of the time anyways, which means feint is useless most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by COLWRAITH View Post
    Glyph of Sprint ( turns your burst of speed to 100% same as mount speed )
    Glyph of Sprint only affects Sprint, not burst of speed /facepalm

Thanks people. Yeah i'm definitely going to have a 'flag running spec' as well so this is all good info.