Poll: Why don't you tank SoO LFR?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    BAD tanks get too much abuse. Average and good tanks don't hear a peep.

Ppl just like to be carry in lfr, there is always one max two healers who carry the rest same goes to dps usually first 3 places carry all rest and as a tank u just cant slack

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Read my post directly above yours.

Another example: tanking Nazgrim last week in LFR. The other tank was one of those that uses taunt as part of his rotation. You can imagine the effect of that on a tank switch fight like Nazgrim. I was again called the worst tank in WoW. I have an add-on "simple taunt announce" that shows me whoever taunts, so I could see that every time I taunted, the debuffed co-tank taunted straight back. But to the raid, I was at fault for not taunting off my co-tank.

Ditto the reapers in the Garrosh fake gauntlet. Threat plates showed I kept aggro on them. But the dps or healers being charged or whirlwinded or just enjoying my stuns + 6 second of being unthreatening blamed me for losing aggro.

The one thing more infuriating than being abused is being unjustly accused and abused.

This is not a problem for me on my main: my itemlevel and the fact that I do more damage than 22 other raid members gives me some immunity to vote kicks. But I will think really long about taking one of my 4 alt tanks with 496 item level into SoO LFR. (And no way ToT LFR 502 gear is worth it for a 496 geared char)

Deleted
    Cant be arsed to bring my a-game to lfr. rather just be a healer or dps.

This is a joke, right? Just in SoO LFR I've seen:

1. A couple of DPS trying to kick me on Fallen Protectors - "ffs tank, pick up the adds! You failed and I died". The add was the one that fixates someone, but gives them an ability to pass the fixate. I made sure I was standing right next to the player & add, and clearly marked, but that wasn't enough.

2. An attempted kick for dying on Thok. I was at 16 stacks of the fire debuff because the other tank had never been before; I'd already explained the fight to him. After the wipe I explained what he'd missed, and Thok died on the second attempt.

3. The other tank get kicked for not having a clue. He was a paladin and stacked haste; supposedly he was retarded, in DPS gear and didn't understand reforging. Erm ...?

4. A druid tank get kicked for not having dodge on his gear.

5. A couple of tanks kicked because the group wiped. After hitting the enrage timer.

.. and that's just some of the kicks. I won't even mention the insults because the tanks "aren't doing the fight properly; my guild does X", DPS trying to open all the crates at once on Spoils, groups which refuse to split evenly on Spoils, groups which keep trying to nuke Nazgrim in defensive stance and ignore the adds, the tank who got kicked doing the towers on Galakras because he died when his healer went AFK mid-fight, the tank who got kicked as soon as he zoned in because he was "only 515 level", and so on.

That must explain why I've recently seen multiple monk tanks be harassed for hours for stacking crit on their gear. It was obviously those tanks that were bad.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-11-01 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    That must explain why I've recently seen multiple monk tanks be harassed for hours for stacking crit on their gear. It was obviously those tanks that were bad.
    Always fun to have clueless people tell you what's supposedly wrong with your char

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Always fun to have clueless people tell you what's supposedly wrong with your char
    Yeah, I'm sure those tanks really appreciated it :<

While I'm sure there are bad tanks it's crazy to say that tanks are only harassed when they're bad. There's an awful lot of bads generally who manage to combine no idea how the mechanics of specific tank classes work with outrageous expectations of what they think the tank is able to do.

Justifying that brand of ignorant, entitled crap by saying the tank must deserve it because it's happening really isn't helping, or even semi-true.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    This is a joke, right? Just in SoO LFR I've seen:

3. The other tank get kicked for not having a clue. He was a paladin and stacked haste; supposedly he was retarded, in DPS gear and didn't understand reforging. Erm ...?

4. A druid tank get kicked for not having dodge on his gear.

5. A couple of tanks kicked because the group wiped. After hitting the enrage timer.

.. and that's just some of the kicks. I won't even mention the insults because the tanks "aren't doing the fight properly; my guild does X", DPS trying to open all the crates at once on Spoils, groups which refuse to split evenly on Spoils, groups which keep trying to nuke Nazgrim in defensive stance and ignore the adds, the tank who got kicked doing the towers on Galakras because he died when his healer went AFK mid-fight, the tank who got kicked as soon as he zoned in because he was "only 515 level", and so on.
    3 and 4 are hilarious. This is like when you're in school and the kids make fun of smart kids. Like being dumb is a badge of honor or something.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently leveling a pally 1-90 as prot (78 now), and am loving it, aside from arrogant dps pulling for me in dungeons. But seeing how poorly tanks are treated and the verbal abuse they take in groups makes me not want to play one past the quick leveling they provide. So, I guess the community is why I won't be tanking LFR.

had a group on spoils of pandaria last night... good lord did the tank get some abuse.

paladin and warrior tanks - i've got the warrior tank on my side of the partition. he's basically not opening boxes fast enough, otherwise he's doing a damn fine job of keeping aggro and hasn't been a problem on previous bosses or trash.

first wipe: OMG tank you fucking suck, kick the fucking tank, useless tank is useless, slow tank needs kicking.

most of it all from one guy, a shaman in the paladin tanks group... a few people stick up for the warrior and are like wtf man, it's the first wipe - warr just needs to open boxes faster.

second wipe: it's the paladin tank that fails this time. first thing in chat "shall we kick the tank?" chorused by lol's.

third wipe: warrior tank opening boxes too slowly again - receives a torrent of abuse from a healer who had joined after wipe number 2 and this prick is seriously laying into him about not opening boxes quick enough because he's a cunt, his mother is a whore and just generally being incredibly rude - but still a couple of people stick up for him as he did fine on the second attempt.

4th attempt - goes well and we clear the boss, but the warrior is still a little slow at opening the small boxes - you can pretty clearly see it's the first time that he's done this fight (including the wipes) - so i just started helping to open the small boxes (nobody else was, so figured it would help) and it did help, we killed the boss and then the tank immediately left the group.

some LFR players are utter douchebags - there needs to be an additional vote to kick option, or report function for verbally abusive players. if you want the group to fly through like a pro hardcore group - raid with a fucking pro hardcore group, or gtfo! seriously, i cannot believe the vitriol some tanks receive for very minor flaws. i pat most lfr tanks on the back for having the balls to do it in the first place knowing the potential for harassment.

seriously, this dude did very little wrong, but the abuse he received just put me off ever wanting to tank an LFR - i think if i did start tanking LFR i'd build up a massive list of abusive douchebags pretty quickly, i'd then probably get myself banned by giving it back tenfold when they least expect it. most of it is kids that do not realise how harsh their words can be, but there is still plenty of arrogant douchebags out there.
    Last edited by smokii; 2013-11-01 at 01:54 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    It's mainly because I don't have the gear yet but it's also a bunch of other reasons which are mostly in the poll.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    3 and 4 are hilarious. This is like when you're in school and the kids make fun of smart kids. Like being dumb is a badge of honor or something.
    Tall poppy syndrome is a real thing.

I believe currently it's called being a "try hard". Again, as if trying to do a good or great job is a Bad Thing. I'm not sure when mediocrity became something to celebrate, but for a certain amount of the population, it sure is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    some LFR players are utter douchebags - there needs to be an additional vote to kick option, or report function for verbally abusive players. if you want the group to fly through like a pro hardcore group - raid with a fucking pro hardcore group, or gtfo! seriously, i cannot believe the vitriol some tanks receive for very minor flaws. i pat most lfr tanks on the back for having the balls to do it in the first place knowing the potential for harassment.

seriously, this dude did very little wrong, but the abuse he received just put me off ever wanting to tank an LFR - i think if i did start tanking LFR i'd build up a massive list of abusive douchebags pretty quickly, i'd then probably get myself banned by giving it back tenfold when they least expect it. most of it is kids that do not realise how harsh their words can be, but there is still plenty of arrogant douchebags out there.
    There really does need to be an abuse report option. Some of the stuff I have seen being spewed in LFR matches what you describe here. I do add these people to my ignore list in hopes of never having to group with them again, but like cockroaches, they seem to breed and continue to infest LFR endlessly.

Interestingly, with the advent of CRZ... someone I know (not me) is now running for himself a "hit list" of abusive LFG/LFR players from PvP realms. He uses his battletag friends to get invites to those realms on his opposite faction toons, and hunts those players down and kills them. Repeatedly. And apparently thanks to Timeless Isle he's finding it easy to do, as people go there so much right now. This amuses me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    how strange, i am monk tank that stacks crit like it's being discontinued and no one has ever commented i my gear yet. but maybe you just ran into a rash of dumb people that do not understand how Monks work.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I main a prot paladin. The reasons why I don't tank LFR are simply due to the fact 90% of the time I'll either be queued with another tank who fall into one of these 3 issues.

1. Doesn't listen at all
    2. Tends to think they're always right thus causing a wipe
    3. They don't speak English

The main gripe I have about tanking is tanking with someone who doesn't have a single clue what they're doing and won't even consider advice on how to do a fight. So I just said screw it and I by some magical wizardry I actually end up doing an LFR I just go ret.

I don't know everybody realizes they can change the loot they get. Prior to this for many tank specs you wanted what was classified by Blizzard as dps items. So by tanking you gimped your gearing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    how strange, i am monk tank that stacks crit like it's being discontinued and no one has ever commented i my gear yet. but maybe you just ran into a rash of dumb people that do not understand how Monks work.
    Never underestimate the lunacy and stupidity of people in LFR. Last week in SoO #2 we had 2 pallies and one got the group to kick the other because he was loading up on haste. Myself and the haste pally tried to explain why but the group just listened to the guy with more stam and booted the correctly geared tank.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't know everybody realizes they can change the loot they get. Prior to this for many tank specs you wanted what was classified by Blizzard as dps items. So by tanking you gimped your gearing.
    i will admit i was not informed we could switch loot specialization until several months after it was live, and i felt really silly when someone had to explain it to me!

but i am so glad that someone did!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Performance anxiety. I do fine with my guild, but they also are more forgiving of mistakes. When I am DPS, no one gives a flying-**** if I screw up. As tank? Screw up once and you get kicked.

Screw that. I'll queue DPS with loot spec tank. I don't need the abuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ties in with 'too much abuse', but tanking LFR, specifically going in solo is generally an unpleasant experience. It's not abuse specifically, although it does happen I've been fortunate enough not to be on the receiving end of it, but there are a lot of things other players can and do do that put themselves in direct conflict with your role. It's those things that make it unfun.

Some examples:
    - The other tank refuses to taunt, even after explaining when to and using /w or /rw to request it.
    - The other tank taunts basically on cooldown preventing you from actively tanking anything
    -- Both of these things can lead to a wipe and abuse from other players; whoever is judged to be at fault is invariably the one with lesser gear.
    - DPS ass pull or ninja pull, so you have to be on your toes absolutely 100% of the time to pick up from that
    - DPS don't switch to adds leaving you to tank stuff far longer than necessary, again putting you or the other tank at risk from 'too many stacks'
    - DPS AoEing adds before you're anywhere near them, then complaining of aggro

Basically just having to work against, rather than with the rest of the group to fill the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    And, as a haste tank, you're helping to convince me I should stick to Normal with my guild.