Lightbulb A new idea for a Dk

Hi I am new to the forums, and I got a good idea for the class.

Trying to cover every aspect of the game with one ability (raid,pvp,tanking and dps).

I start to notice that the class is lacking in damage-output, survivability,counter-management.
    Yes the class is fine,we don't need upgrades!! When a progression raid group tells you to go sit on the bench (as tank or dps) Dan you know your class is lacking. or when you're team ask you ((do you got a warrior? )) and you tell him yes ((switch to your warrior!!)).....wait what ??
    Dan you know your class is outclassed.

so if there is a new expansion is coming out, would these idea be what the DK's are craving for?

Acclimation virus
    (instant 2/3min cooldown)
    Sickness surrounds you. By embracing it your resistance become stronger and stronger, up to 3 times and it last up to 20 sec.
    And also adding 2 more diseases to your target, grimzin Fever and Bubonic plague.

Bubonic plague
    A disease that deals 143 nature damage every 3 sec for 20 sec.
    and also reduce all stats by 2% or X% of the target and infecting other target with in 5 yards

Grimzin Fever
    A disease that deals 143 Arcane damage every 3 sec for 20 sec.
    eating away 6% or X% of their Resource.
    ( mana, rage, chi, runic power, focus, energy)

This ability is to be used offensively and defensively, for example in a raid This ability works like a mini bloodlust for dps spec.
    but the prime goal of this spell is survivability.

and Grimzin Fever can be modified to benefits Unholy or frost spec, if the dk damage-output is low by switching arcane-damage to frost-damage or in to shadow-damage.

I also have an idea for a Glyph version, but that is for people who are interested in it.

so i want to know what's your opinion about it.

And thank you for your time for reading this

Cheers

Grimzin Fever will never happen because the designers try to very carefully balance a class' resource management ability. Being the only class with the ability to make an opponent resource-starved wouldn't go over well with the player base.

Bubonic plague kind of already exists in Pestilence, but I get what you're saying, make it one ability and make it auto-spread. In PvE you're better off just spamming Howling Blast though rather than expending additional resources on what's essentially a low dmg DOT. You wouldn't see it in PvP because it would be severely unbalanced against melee players, particularly if you're getting into 5v5 or RBGs.

I don't understand what you're going for with Acclimation Virus. You say it's a defensive cooldown, making you resistant up to 3 times for 20 sec, but there's no definition of what it's increasing by 3x. We already have some great soaking cooldowns even in DPS spec with AMS, AMZ, and Icebound Fortitude.

Honestly, if you're getting benched in this tier, you need to maybe look at your playstyle and itemization to ensure you're getting the most out of your character that you can. We bring a lot to the raid group in terms of buffs and some survivability skills, so it's strange you're being sat.

Our scaling definitely has issues but it's not like dks are getting benched left and right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Our scaling definitely has issues but it's not like dks are getting benched left and right.
    This.

DW still scales fairly well with weapon damage and stats, unfortunately you're GCD locked at a pretty low level of haste.

2H needs/scales really well with weapon damage but not as well with stats. Haste is fairly useless after a point (especially with thoks trinket/2pc stacking haste/plague leech/Regenerative magic glyph/Galakras' trinket) as you'll be GCD locked. Obliterate (your highest hitter) isn't impacted by mastery and crit is devalued somewhat due to killing machine.

Unholy scales fairly well with gear but not so much with weapon damage (SS/FeS don't exactly hit hard). A lot of your damage ends up being shadow-related (Gargoyle, death coil, shadow portion of SS, DnD, Soul reaper, Blood Plague) which is boosted by your mastery (and 2pc) however your ghoul also does a large chunk of damage which isn't related to mastery at all.

I personally don't want many changes in the next expansion. I think, for the sake of balance both DW and 2H frost need to be merged back into one spec, whether that's haste or master frost (likely hastefrost but there's always a chance you could choose depending on your reforge) with Killing machine reworked somewhat. DKs are only really missing an AOE runic power dump so I'm expecting that will be our "new ability" and I'd like to see Unholy have more emphasis on weapon damage.

Apart form that I don't want a major overhaul of the class.

Oh, give Unholy the option to permanently tame undead - THAT would be awesome ;-)
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-10-29 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post

Oh, give Unholy the option to permanently tame undead - THAT would be awesome ;-)
    This...and for fun allow us to control undead players too!!
    Ilvl is like a Bikini. What it shows is interesting, what it hides is crutial!

Quote Originally Posted by obelisk the tormentor View Post
    I start to notice that the class is lacking in damage-output, survivability,counter-management.
    Um are you playing your dk right cause I have no issues with survivalbility as a tank and I do 130k+ as a tank during fights. Most tanks i play with die before me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing we DK's need, in my opinion, is improvement in our resource system and also maybe adjust some scaling like Vmagik said.

Blood DKs could also use a raidwide cd (other than amz) something akin to our DS 4-piece. Even if it were a glyph, I'd love it. The raw lack of raid utility makes me feel much less useful than I could be. Hell, make DnD have a life drain portion healing friendly players that stand in it or something. Just give me something that helps the raid other than the lack of needing heals.

Deleted
    Pretty neat idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    DKs are only really missing an AOE runic power dump so I'm expecting that will be our "new ability" and I'd like to see Unholy have more emphasis on weapon damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamiyomi View Post
    Hell, make DnD have a life drain portion healing friendly players that stand in it or something. Just give me something that helps the raid other than the lack of needing heals.
    If we could get these two things I would be over joyed; I would be fine with not getting the DnD thing, but I really hate not having an AoE RP dump.
    Last edited by Halland; 2013-11-04 at 12:09 AM.