Deleted

Auction house cut?

I was going through my mailbox because my auctions had sold, and I noticed that the auction house takes a small cut of the money, why? Is it really nessecary on anything other than RP serves? It doesen't go to anyone it goes to NPCs as opposed to the Diablo 3 real money auction house that gave Blizzard a small cut ( Don't quote me on that ) what purpose does it serve? And do you think it should be in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Iconja View Post
    I was going through my mailbox because my auctions had sold, and I noticed that the auction house takes a small cut of the money, why? Is it really nessecary on anything other than RP serves? It doesen't go to anyone it goes to NPCs as opposed to the Diablo 3 real money auction house that gave Blizzard a small cut ( Don't quote me on that ) what purpose does it serve? And do you think it should be in the game?
    I believe part of the reason is so you can't transfer money from ally to horde with no penalty. It is also a gold sink.

Signature Created by Jassinta

It's one of the gold sinks that keeps inflation from spiralling out of control.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2013-10-29 at 08:32 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Ah, I see, thanks

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking Iconja View Post
    It's one of Blizzard's little ways of giving you the middle finger

Makes it more like RL I guess?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Auction houses do that, Why does it cost money to mail items? Why do we have to pay gold to repair gear? It's all small costs, but they just add flavour

Deleted
    Because the Auction house vendors are really Gold Sellers Looking to add another source to their nefarious deed's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Because Auction houses do that, Why does it cost money to mail items? Why do we have to pay gold to repair gear? It's all small costs, but they just add flavour
    It's more about removing gold from the economy to prevent inflation than just adding flavor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I believe part of the reason is so you can't transfer money from ally to horde with no penalty. It is also a gold sink.
    Ah cut doesn't stop you from doing this if you're clever. I know how to transfer money thru the ah free, but there is some risk when it comes to ah snipers.

Where do you think the gold under Org bank comes from?

Just a gold sink. If it really pisses you off like it does some people, you could just find a buyer on /2