Something been always bugging me.

Why do vendors sell uncommon gear?

They cost alot
    Useless
    Cant be transmogged

??

So the game looks more realistic. It's nice to see vendors who sell items that are junk to any player cause it adds to immersion.

Also partly a relic from when you needed to train weapon skills. Buy a junk weapon and use it to train, so you could level up your skill before you actually got a weapon of that type you'd use
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine trying starting to play WoW, back in early Cata. At one point he didn't have any money to buy new skills from the trainer because he kept spending money buying white stuff from vendors, thinking because the armor value was higher it was better than the greens he got from questing. So I think the items are there as noob-bait...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    usefull way for "noobs" too upgrade their gear.

bet that most of us when starting too play WoW for the first time made use of these vendors.
    they just remained, and for some reason it feels right seeing a blacksmith actually sell weapons instead of only blacksmithing materials.
    even though they're worthless considering what else you could get on that level or even lower levels.

Haha when I was very first playing, after I got to that little area just before Brill on the way from Deathknell, I got PUMPED when I saw a vendor selling gear with higher armor and weapon damage.

I was playing a Warlock : /

lol
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

As people have mentioned they have uses for filling slots that haven't been upgraded through questing or dungeons up to that point. At lvl 89 I actually bought a lot of upgrades for my DK from one.

Also pretty sure you can transmog these items atleast they held one, not sure if they be used as one. Certainly the uncommon rarity can be transmogged.

Also bottom line if the above doesn't satisfy; Role Playing.
    Last edited by TheTaurenOrc; 2013-10-29 at 09:32 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Haha when I was very first playing, after I got to that little area just before Brill on the way from Deathknell, I got PUMPED when I saw a vendor selling gear with higher armor and weapon damage.

lol

LOL story of my life bro. Meleed/wanded as a lock until about level 70...yeah my RL friends were assholes and just laughed lol wondering why it took sol ong for me to level..then i toild them what i was doing..4 years later they still make fun of me

Deleted
    When I first started playing I was so proud about my wealth (2 gold) that I spent 1 of it for a staff from a vendor in Auberdine. As a Restoration Druid. Questing.

Good times.

I don't get it either, it would make more sense for those vendors to sell greens at least for leveling players/transmog.

I bought green or even white gears when I first started playing and I thought it was awesome. I shit my pant at blue items back then.

Sometimes... they look cool?

Deleted
    Because Vendors require an income to support their families and buy our crap

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post

lol
    Blue pillow, 1h weapon, firestone and instant dots was how I leveled to 40 back in vanilla :P. Mostly because I hated buying food/drink and didn't know that imps + dark pact were utterly broken and gave you unlimited mana and fear would usually cause me to pull even more crap back then.

Back in 2004 getting greens wasn't easy until around level 20, and it took people on average a week or so or more to get there. When I first played WOW I used to love the way you'd finish a quest hub then advance to a new village and find a new set of matching armor to work towards, then suddenly you get something with stats and it's all obsolete. But back in the day that could take a while, even for greens.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    ever level up Enchanting, vendor greens make it easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    ever level up Enchanting, vendor greens make it easy.
    Never thought of that really

I think the whitetrash (lawl) vendors are fine in terms of selling your crap to. But imo they need to sell recipees/uncommon items (in higher then starting area levels) white items (at starting level area). The recipees don't need to be uncommon/rare - hell they may even be the very things you need to train at a trainer. And the uncommon items don't need to be good quality greens either.