Poll: Is it worth buying Assassin's Creed 3, 1 month before Black Flag?

Exclamation Next Assassin's Creed out on PC in a month's time. Should I buy Assassin's Creed 3?

Next Assassin's Creed out on PC in a month's time. Should I buy Assassin's Creed 3?
    Is it worth it? Can get it really cheap now too.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Well it has a rather lengthy tutorial/intro sequence and lot's of annoying quick time events (only when you are freeroaming the wilderness you can get ambushed by wildlife).
    There are quite a lot to do in the game next to following the storyline? No spoilers please.

I thought they said AC4 would be released on consoles and PC at the same time

I tried 3, want to finish the story before moving on to Black Flag, but I just can't get through it. Guess you could just read up on the story or watch video's on Youtube. Don't waste your money on 3, unless you really want to experience the story firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I thought they said AC4 would be released on consoles and PC at the same time

I tried 3, want to finish the story before moving on to Black Flag, but I just can't get through it. Guess you could just read up on the story or watch video's on Youtube, don't waste your money on 3.
    That's now how I roll. That's just spoiling it for me, I prefer to play my games. Not watch someone else play for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    That's now how I roll. That's just spoiling it for me, I prefer to play my games. Not watch someone else play for me.
    Then you don't have much choice

Deleted
    2 hour intro (standard AC), a huge area to do fuck all, annoying Desmond parts, cities are dull as hell, story confusing, inane side missions. Not worth the time, if neccesary see the story mission cutscenes on youtube

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I liked the desmond parts
    How much is Ubisoft paying you to say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    I about 30% into the game and so far the Desmond parts were definitely the best

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I picked up AC3 a while back during some Steam sale and I've been struggling to get through it. Its been very linear so far as there is really only one mission at a time on my map right now (might get better later on?).

If you use the roof tops to avoid detection you end up being detected and shot at a lot easier than if you just walked around on the streets...which strikes me as just plain stupid. Some of the forced slow walking parts are annoying.

I don't think I'd recommend it. AC4 does look quite good but seems to have a lot more in common with the general play of FC3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    he's talking about the AC3 desmond parts, which are basically the same as the ingame stuff, but without the HUD (which you can also disable fully in game). they're TOTALLY different from those in AC:R. those sequences sucked more than Linda Lovelace in Deep Throat. I liked the AC3 desmond parts as well.

apart from that, here's what you can do in AC3 besides the main story missions:

1) explore. you have tons of chests, documents, feathers, trinkets and view points to find.
    2) conquer forts. there are 6 or so forts in the world which sort of work like the borgia towers in Brotherhood.
    3) do faction quests. you have a bunch of challenges for the brawler's guild, the hunter's society and even random citizens.
    4) explore the underground. each sity has an underground maze with about a dozen chambers which you need to find and often solve puzzles to open.
    5) remove the templar influence. You have a number of sidequests in each city which give you assassin followers.
    6) ship quests. This is the biggest new feature in AC3 and one which many people liked, because it was fun, had depth to it and could be ignored for the most part. but few people ignored it because they are a welcome diversion from exploration and combat. I wouldn't mind an entire game around this concept.
    7) the Homestead. if you liked Monterrigioni back in AC2, you'll absolutely love this. where monterigionni was just "buy and get a huge return", in this section you do quests to progress, which means you get to know your village, gradually unlock new villagers or upgrade them, and learn how to craft new items. The crafting itself is not really that good and I didn't really bother with it, because it's really cumbersome. but it's there if you want to try it.

The biggest issue I got with the game is that a number of events and especially the menus aren't that well optimized for mouse and keyboard. you sometimes just do something that you shouldn't have and it's hard to reverse what you did. and sometimes, the conversion from controller to mouse means that minigames like lockpicking can be tricky, but not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I picked up AC3 a while back during some Steam sale and I've been struggling to get through it. Its been very linear so far as there is really only one mission at a time on my map right now (might get better later on?).

If you use the roof tops to avoid detection you end up being detected and shot at a lot easier than if you just walked around on the streets...which strikes me as just plain stupid. Some of the forced slow walking parts are annoying.

I don't think I'd recommend it. AC4 does look quite good but seems to have a lot more in common with the general play of FC3.
    FC3 was quite empty dull game to me. Enemies died too easily and that lastet very short. :| Then you travel 1000 miles to find new enemies that die within 10 seconds. Real lack of challenge content.

15+ Year Old Account
    It was pretty decent, but I'd just wait for the 4th one. The 3 hour beginning quest is annoying, and the very last chase quest takes longer than it should. Actually, the last chase is the worst thing I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

If its fairly cheap go for it. I got it for 15$ once. No AC is worth a full $60. Just wait for steam sales on them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn