Deleted

Why is it so hard to get people to do 3v3?

It's relatively easy to find someone to do some 2v2 with, but when it comes down to finding people for 3v3 it's near impossible in my experience.

I play on a high population PvP realm yet I've been looking for weeks now

Can anyone tell me the reason for this 3v3 resentment?

Personally i find 3v3 very very boring in mop, i had fun early mop on my WW monk, unsubbed about a month ago...
    Sorta just boring gameplay, and this 15 arena thingy just adds to the frustration.
    Its all about CD's and Countering CD's.

Deleted
    my guess : you got no prior archievements.

Its piss easy if you got a 2.2k . Kind of a shame but most simply dont want to play with people without something to show off. The sad thing is that archievements mean not much when you got such drastic class changes or people showing off what they got with dk s7 and other nonsense for some other class they play now. Got plenty of disapointments with 2,2k+ players although the former glad always delivered so far.

also : pvp balance is shit and many quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post

Its piss easy if you got a 2.2k . Kind of a shame but most simply dont want to play with people without something to show off. The sad thing is that archievements mean not much when you got such drastic class changes or people showing off what they got with dk s7 and other nonsense for some other class they play now. Got plenty of disapointments with 2,2k+ players although the former glad always delivered so far.

I agree that PvP isnt fun right now. But I would love that Kor'kron War Wolf wich can sadly only be aquired this way.

Btw. you are right about achievs, on rare occasion people ask if I have 2K+ rating or whatever... :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I agree that PvP isnt fun right now. But I would love that Kor'kron War Wolf wich can sadly only be aquired this way.

Btw. you are right about achievs, on rare occasion people ask if I have 2K+ rating or whatever... :S
    you get the pvp wolf for rbg 75 wins. 100 wins in 3v3 gives you the pimped undead mount which is also obtainable with 40 rbg wins. If you played rbg before you likely already have 35 wins for the first archievement and might get both in one go.

It's the chicken and egg paradox. Can't join a group because you don't have 2.2k, can't get 2.2k because you can't find a group. It's always strange to find people asking to link 2.2k achieve when they are only sitting at 1.2k.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted

I find that achievements gained in 2011 or earlier don't mean much anyway, I've played with some pretty lousy people who had 2.2k from that period while I've had really good partners with only 1750 achievements from 2013.

People don't want to waste their time playing with some noob, the saddest thing is that having a good achievement doesn't mean you're not one. Achievements came 6 years ago, virtually every class has been OP at some point. I'd suggest trying to find someone from real life to play with, best way to reach your highest potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I find that achievements gained in 2011 or earlier don't mean much anyway, I've played with some pretty lousy people who had 2.2k from that period while I've had really good partners with only 1750 achievements from 2013.
    2013 yes but 2011 ist pretty arbitrary. I would say the first 1-3 saison do carry more value cause cheating was not that rampant. Later on more and more people catched that thought and rode those exploits which inflated mmr overall as bad players won against bad exploiters. The only issue is that it has no relevance to ones current skill.

2013 yes but 2011 ist pretty arbitrary. I would say the first 1-3 saison do carry more value cause cheating was not that rampant. Later on more and more people catched that thought and rode those exploits which inflated mmr overall as bad players won against bad exploiters. The only issue is that it has no relevance to ones current skill.
    I'm pretty sure achievements only count rating from season 4 and beyond?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

May also be the class/spec you're playing. Some specs just have a hell of a time finding partners if their "main" comps are things that can be more easily subbed with better things (e.g. why play Junglecleave with me when they can play KFC).

Cause pvp is horrible these days so people just do 2s to get cap and maybe to rbgs and shit.

Deleted
    Personally, I only tend to really have one good friend who I will PvP with, there's always a third wheel in 3s.

3v3 feels more "serious", imo. 2v2 implies you are doing it just to cap points or have fun, hence it is easy to find another person to do it with. 3s allows you to get titles, mounts, etc etc, and so people are going to be pickier about who they want to play with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    3v3 feels more "serious", imo. 2v2 implies you are doing it just to cap points or have fun, hence it is easy to find another person to do it with. 3s allows you to get titles, mounts, etc etc, and so people are going to be pickier about who they want to play with.
    Basically this; 3v3 also requires a bit more of experience and awareness, and is less open to odd comps than 2v2

If you're just trying to get the mount then grab the addon OQueue and do rated BG's. I got the 40 wins in 2 weeks all just by joining random OQ groups.

you get the pvp wolf for rbg 75 wins. 100 wins in 3v3 gives you the pimped undead mount which is also obtainable with 40 rbg wins. If you played rbg before you likely already have 35 wins for the first archievement and might get both in one go.
    Last I saw you can buy either with the vicious saddle from the 100/40 wins achi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    There are allways 2 things people tend to not play 3s:
    - you have no achievements and people dont wanna queue with you, which is both ok and wrong to an extent
    - you play the wrong spec. team members are supposed to work with covering one anothers weakness, and if you bring nothing to the team then you will also be rejected
    - people prefer 2s (and random bgs) because 3s require too much work.

Cause pvp is horrible these days so people just do 2s to get cap and maybe to rbgs and shit.
    Then they miss a lot of things because 3s are in a very good state balance wise, miles better than 2s.

I was in the boat for the longest time of "having no achievements" before some friends picked me up and we pretty much zoomed me up to 2k and I've held myself there ever since.
    Probably best to just ask around your current friends and work together to build your "skill" up as a team than spam in trade for hours.
    Trade chat is usually filled with 2400 hero's from WoTLK who can barely play now. I haven't had a single good experience pugging at all over the past 2 seasons.

3's is better balanced than 2's but takes a hell of a lot more effort for the general player.

And yeah - "PvP isn't fun right now."
    Most of my PvP friends just stopped doing arenas entirely or quit. (Skill range from BG hero to ex R1 Glad.)
    I can't even convince some of my BG buddies to step into 3's even with non serious games on my shadow priest because "it's that bad" and "no point".

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    People don't want to waste their time playing with some noob
    More proof that there's no fix for community.