Thread: Gear dilema

10+ Year Old Account

Gear dilema

Hello!

I currently have http://www.wowhead.com/item=104992 and have just recently gotten the tier shoulders http://www.wowhead.com/item=99036 and just now acquired tier legs. I know Krugruks shoulders are better but should I use the tier shoulders from the 4 piece set?

Deleted
    I wouldnt advice you to get the 4set since its pretty bad for us warriors.Try get tier hands/head and malkorok pants instead and on shoulder either those you have or the garrosh ones

Are we comparing 3 tier pieces + Krugruks with 4 pieces? To be a 100% sure you need to run this through simcraft, but my gut feeling tells me 4-set is better in this case. It is correct that the 4p bonus isn't amazing, but the only thing beating it is 2p+Warforged offset. Without the proper offset pieces, and without them being warforged, 4 set is still best.

Krugruks has hit/mastery, tier shoulders have expertise/mastery. I am almost certain that you want to use the 4 set in your case.

To clarify this is for heroic pieces, but can probably be applied to any gear rating:
    2set+heroic warforged offset > 4set > 2set + heroic offset pieces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    Are we comparing 3 tier pieces + Krugruks with 4 pieces? To be a 100% sure you need to run this through simcraft, but my gut feeling tells me 4-set is better in this case. It is correct that the 4p bonus isn't amazing, but the only thing beating it is 2p+Warforged offset. Without the proper offset pieces, and without them being warforged, 4 set is still best.

Krugruks has hit/mastery, tier shoulders have expertise/mastery. I am almost certain that you want to use the 4 set in your case.

To clarify this is for heroic pieces, but can probably be applied to any gear rating:
    2set+heroic warforged offset > 4set > 2set + heroic offset pieces
    Hmm, I didn't think the 4 set wasn't that bad. So I shouldn't really go for it at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    Hmm, I didn't think the 4 set wasn't that bad. So I shouldn't really go for it at all?
    It's not "that bad", it's just not as good as the WF offset pieces. The 4-set bonus is not worth much, but since the tier pieces (apart from the chest) are decent its ok. Getting all the WF offset pieces can be hard, so for some its easier to just get the tier pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliria View Post
    It's not "that bad", it's just not as good as the WF offset pieces. The 4-set bonus is not worth much, but since the tier pieces (apart from the chest) are decent its ok. Getting all the WF offset pieces can be hard, so for some its easier to just get the tier pieces.
    So I should jam my tier shoulders and rock the 4 set until I get warforged? or heroic offset pieces? Keep in mind these are all LFR pieces atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirin View Post
    So I should jam my tier shoulders and rock the 4 set until I get warforged? or heroic offset pieces? Keep in mind these are all LFR pieces atm.
    It's easier to get the nonset items than the appropriate tokens. For a normal/flex/lfr raider there would be ordos for a great chest/legs and if you aren't that lucky the blacksmith legs.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I somehow remember 2pc + nonset (non wf) being slightly ahead of 4pc and the wf version being something like 8k ahead.

EDIT: Just simmed my own char with nonset and with 4pc. nonset wins even non wf.
    Last edited by meteo; 2013-10-30 at 08:57 AM.