Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

2 or 3 heal heroic SoO?

Now that we are getting to HC boss's would love some opinion, which fights can be comfortable 2-healed, if one has no priest/paladin healers?

On normal we 2 heal all, but Thok. 3 healing Thok only to stay in phase 1 as long as possible.

All our healers (2x druid, mw and rshaman) are decently geared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Now that we are getting to HC boss's would love some opinion, which fights can be comfortable 2-healed, if one has no priest/paladin healers?

On normal we 2 heal all, but Thok. 3 healing Thok only to stay in phase 1 as long as possible.

All our healers (2x druid, mw and rshaman) are decently geared.
    This is only my opinion and we also usually go with more healers than needed if berserk is not an huge issue to be safer and go with fewer wipes.

Immerseus: 3
    Fallen Protectors: 3
    Norushen: Nowadays 3 when berserk is a joke. Before the nerf had to do with 2 but it was more risky.
    Sha of Pride: 2
    Galakras: 3 (Doable with 2 but more risky)
    Iron Juggernaut: 3 (Really hard with 2)
    Dark Shamans: 3(With 3 tanks also)
    Nazgrim: 2
    Malkorok: 2
    Spoils of Pandaria: 2
    Thok: 3
    Rest: Most likely with 2 but not killed those yet

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do Shamans w/ 3 tanks and 3 healers, won't the DPS be an issue, as you have only 4 "pure" DPS?

We don't have 3rd tank (no geared OS on any of our raiders), so we cannot use the 3 tank strategy, but I am just curious.

Deleted
    If you do Shamans w/ 3 tanks and 3 healers, won't the DPS be an issue, as you have only 4 "pure" DPS?

We don't have 3rd tank (no geared OS on any of our raiders), so we cannot use the 3 tank strategy, but I am just curious.
    Make one of your raiders get an OS. The gear doesn't have to be amazing but 3 tanks makes the fight so much easier it's unbelievable.

Deleted
    Immerseus: 2
    Fallen Protectors: 2
    Norushen: 2
    Galakras: 2
    Iron Juggernaut: 3
    Dark Shamans: 3
    Rest: Not killed yet

Thats our list so far. We use either 2 R-Druids or Druid/Disc.

Deleted

Dps is a factor, but it's by no means a big problem. That being said, you'll have trouble on this fight without absorbs.

Deleted

seeing as you don´t have a disc priest or holy paladin this´ll be one hell of a fight with 2 tanks and none of those healers

edit: what karlzone said^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Dps is a factor, but it's by no means a big problem. That being said, you'll have trouble on this fight without absorbs.
    3 tanking and 3 healing, makes the fight an absolute joke. I solo the adds pretty much and the rest of the raid can comfortably burn the boss. Cake!

Deleted
    killed shamans with 3 tanks and 2 heal ( pala / shaman)
    you just have to play it without big mistakes

For first kills, Iron Juggernaut is the only of the first 10 that should be 3healed, we tried 3healing shamans but it ended up being easier to just do it with 2, since deaths were to 1 shots and not lack of healing, and if people did die, we had a lot more DPS on the boss after they died.

You can 3 heal a lot of fights now, but you really need to get your healers comfortable 2healing since that is what the hardest bosses will require for a long time.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Depending on how geared+skilled your healers are, my raid 3-heal (I'm 3rd healer, rest of fights I'm ele) Protectors, Juggernaut, Shamans and Nazgrim (to make it smooth dps req is joke anyways) Haven't get past Nazgrim yet.

Use 2 healers for all except Iron Juggernaut if u find that one hard and Thok. On the other hand, u can 2 man heal Thok aswell. We didn on our first kill and have ever since.
    Last edited by Hulkovius; 2013-10-30 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make one of your raiders get an OS.
    2x hunter, 2x wlock, 1 ele. shaman, 1 mage, 1 retri.

One of the hunters has a warri tank alt, but in the same time, don't really want to loose one of our best DPS while making him play his alt.

Retri's OS is holy, he is the only other "viable" choice (due to lower DPS then the rest) for 3rd tank. However he needs to get a shield and 1h when he takes a role of a tank (but then again reaching Shamans will take a while, so I guess it would be doable).

Techically I think MW can go BrM w/ his WW gear as well. But in general I doubt that retri/mw have any that good gear/experience in how to tank.

One of our druids could play his prot. pala as well, and again it will need some upgrades....

I guess we have to discuss the option for Shamans and give some people ideas in either getting some tank gear or bringing an alt up to date.

seeing as you don´t have a disc priest or holy paladin this´ll be one hell of a fight with 2 tanks and none of those healers
    Read above this quote , our retri has an holy OS, but then we cannot make him tank if he plays holy.

but you really need to get your healers comfortable 2healing since
    As we 2 heal normal (ofc not comparable w/ HC) they are prepared for that if needed.

Thanks for the advice so far.

Deleted
    On Normal we 2 heal everything, except for Immersius, that we 3 or 4 heal (for faster kills).

Retri's OS is holy, he is the only other "viable" choice (due to lower DPS then the rest) for 3rd tank. However he needs to get a shield and 1h when he takes a role of a tank (but then again reaching Shamans will take a while, so I guess it would be doable).
    He can just use most of his existing dpsgear to tank with, and getting him a shield and 1h should be easy. Remember, the gear does not need to be very good. The crafted 463 shield should work in a pinch if nothing else drops. And he can try getting a 1h from ToT/SoO lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Use 2 healers for all except Iron Juggernaut if u find that one hard and Thok.
    While I respect you a re a good player, you give terrible advice for people only just now stepping into heroics. They haven't got a chance of two healing protectors as a first kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    While I respect you a re a good player, you give terrible advice for people only just now stepping into heroics. They haven't got a chance of two healing protectors as a first kill.
    Actually we found two healing protectors to be much easier on our first kill. But we had two paladins to clear 4 garrotes and our pala tank was on rook (=no damage) and he took divine purpose and spammed eternal flames on the raid. The extra dps helped a lot with pushing the phases faster.

We two healed the first eight bosses except IJ and shamans. Norushen is the only one that I would recommend two healing (depending on your raid's dps) and IJ and maybe protectors the ones that benefit a lot from 3 healing. The rest is a grey area depending on your raid, DPS and skill of your healers.
    Last edited by mmoc0d1056ec69; 2013-10-30 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    Actually we found two healing protectors to be much easier on our first kill. But we had two paladins to clear 4 garrotes and our pala tank was on rook (=no damage) and he took divine purpose and spammed eternal flames on the raid. The extra dps helped a lot with pushing the phases faster.

We two healed the first eight bosses except IJ and shamans. Norushen is the only one that I would recommend two healing (depending on your raid's dps) and IJ and maybe protectors the ones that benefit a lot from 3 healing. The rest is a grey area depending on your raid, DPS and skill of your healers.
    I don't see enough benefit from two healing Protectors. The only thing it makes easier is Rook's "special" because it makes healing easier. For all other mechanics two healing doesn't give enough benefit in my opinion.

And for Sonnillon, berserk is not an issue when 3 tank 3 healing Shamans. We also tried 3 tank 2 healing (which btw is really viable tactic) but we saw 3 healing was much easier. Someone said that 3rd healer doesn't help because deaths are 1-shot deaths. I agree if you mess up with Kardris they are, but that 3rd healer is used with 2 tanks and 1 healer with Haromm, which makes it a joke (easier to heal OS tank which may die with high stacks of mist when tanking boss with bad gear, it can happen).

Deleted
    If you are progressing the bosses, I would definately suggest
    Immerseus: 3
    Fallen Protectors: 3
    Norushen: 3
    Galakras: 2/3
    Iron Juggernaut: 3
    Dark Shamans: 3
    Siegecrafter: 2
    Paragons: 2
    Garrosh: 2

For most of the early fights enrage / soft-enrage is a non-issue so you can easily go 3-healers without worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post

Do you have logs of how effective the pala was spamming EF as a matter of curiosity? I do it on Thok and with high vengeance each heals for 1.3m over its duration. While 2 heals is viable for a first kill on protectors, the damage is high and spiky and our healers aren't bad. As a point of reference one of our healers was slow to get to IJ last week and we had a ninja pull and she solo healed it.