Deleted

Opinions on Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman

I am using warfarged evil eye and lfr version of thoks tail, standing on 563 ilvl with 2 SoO 2handers, and 32,5% crit unbuffed.

Recently i got Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman normal version , and it seems to boost a lot my fury dps spec, with its insane crit proc that is almost a recklessness.
    I got the feeling that the 2k str, that stack with fury mastery on non crits too, should give more dmg overall than the 6% on crits only. For sure I prefer the crit proc to the str proc.

It might be cause of my low crit only 32,5%, I got only 4 soo items with base crit stat.

Any advices between thok tail lfr version and Skeer's Bloodsoaked Talisman normal version?
    Last edited by mmoca87001da70; 2013-10-30 at 08:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skeers isn't bad. People talk about it like it is, but it is a good trinket. It just isn't as good as the others. I have been wanting to get my hands on one personally, to test during farm.

depends on your gear and purpose of use. I think it's terrible design for pve dps. I don't prefer to get another crit gain at start proc, due to reck. And str proc trinkets are always better than stat proc trinkets while gear scales to higher crit loses it's statweight (unless you have thoks tail tip)

Taken from the WoW Warrior forums:

1. Evil Eye H-WF
    2. Thoks Tail H-WF
    3. Evil Eye H
    4. Thok's Tail H
    5. Evil Eye N-WF
    6. Thok's Tail N-WF
    7. Thok's Tail N
    8. Evil Eye N
    9. Skeer's H-WF
    10. Skeer's H
    11. Skeer's N-WF
    12. Skeer's N
    13. Primo Talisman H-TF
    14. Fabled Feather H-TF

It doesn't go as low as raid finder quality, but as you can see from this chart, a normal ilvl Thok's takes priority over a heroic warforged Skeer's. I'm pretty sure Thok's will be a bigger dps increase for you, even at your crit levels.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Deleted
    Skeer's might be better than eye as arms. Eog won't do anything for your bloodbath as you have to sync it with the proc so it's cdr boost is limited to recklessness, hleap and dragon roar. The gain from reckl is kinda hampered from not using it with with crit banner unless you have the heroic one(47%cdr or smth so you'll sync every second reck). There are other things to consider such as using overpower throughout crit banner so I could be wrong, it might be just as good as it is for fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skeers is BiS for arms single target. The problem is, most people only use arms for cleave, where the other trinkets are better (reduces bladestorm's CD)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Skeer's might be better than eye as arms. Eog won't do anything for your bloodbath as you have to sync it with the proc so it's cdr boost is limited to recklessness, hleap and dragon roar. The gain from reckl is kinda hampered from not using it with with crit banner unless you have the heroic one(47%cdr or smth so you'll sync every second reck). There are other things to consider such as using overpower throughout crit banner so I could be wrong, it might be just as good as it is for fury.
    i thought that Bloodbath was reduced by the trinket? i don't have the trinket yet unfortunately so i dunno,

also apologies for off topic but would lfr thok's/eog be better than regular heroic gaze of the twins and htf feather? having terrible RNG on farm nights

apologies again and thanks in advance

Deleted
    Bloodbath is reduced.

Deleted
    Bloodbath cd is reduced, like stormbolt of the same tier. The thing is that you will have to wait for the proc from eog to use bloodbath to make the most of it which negates any cdr on bloodbath.

Deleted
    Thank you all for your constructive opinions.

Atm I am using Thoks tail tip for arms aoe and Skeers for Fury TG single target. That way seems to be the most beneficial for me.

Have to mention that slam spam on a target with CS debuff while on the proc of Skeers trinket is insane burst (specially on aoe with sweeping strikes), but I feel still that Thoks tail tip provides more for arms cause of passive crit buff on overpower and Mastery Haste stat boost that is more beneficial on arms than on fury.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Disenchanted my Normal Mode version a few days ago.

As shown in the list above as soon as you get another combination you might as well toss it.

Deleted
    Contry to what I said above, if you can get recklessness down to 2:05 with eog (I think normal tf or above) and line it up with thok's it's some serious synergy.

For Fury, you'll want Thok+CDR. Skeers is good, but it comes nowhere close to the value of those two.
    For Arms, for single target, you'll want Thok+Skeers. CDR is very lackluster for Arms, and Skeers interacts very well with the arms rotation
    For Arms, for multi target, you'll want CDR+Skeers/Cleave trinket. As Deep Wounds snapshots the stats you had at the moment you apply it, you are able to spread insanely strong DW on all targets if you TC with your Skeers at full stacks.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders