Poll: Do you prefer 1 lock out for all difficulties?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What if blizzard made 1 raid lock out?

There are 4 difficulties atm, and there are 3 lock outs.
    There are loads of people who are doing LFR and Normal (and flex sometimes) in 1 week, because they feel like they have to.
    But what if blizzard made 1 giant lock out, you either have to choose from what u want to do.
    If ur raid team isn't going this week u can choose either to do Flex or LFR.

This way it will feel less like you are doing the content so much, if u do 1 time the raid a week instead of 3, this could probably slow down your burn out on the raid.

Or does anyone disagree, because what so ever reason?

Would love to hear an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    Why on Earth when they acknowledge sharing 10 and 25s was a mistake, would they repeat the same mistake of stripping players of content?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think lfr and normal mode should share a lockout. Flex is its own lockout.

2 lockouts per week to run if you want to. flex and normal/heroic/lfr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Why on Earth when they acknowledge sharing 10 and 25s was a mistake, would they repeat the same mistake of stripping players of content?
    Where do they strip down content with this? Everyone is able to see it still, you only change difficulty that you are interested in, if ur going to do normal this week then u do that instead of the easier versions, if u can't do normal this week, u get a difficulty down and do that.

Why cant people just come to the understand that not doing LFR is okay if they hate doing it they dont have to? Seriously people.

"Everything should share a lockout, but Flex can stay" is pretty much a stealthed "Remove LFR Plox" request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

If you don't want to do a raid more than once per week, don't do it more than once per week.

Rather have them skip 10/25 model and make Flex the real model.

Deleted
    the thing is, all that burnout and "i dont want to go 3 times a week the same raid" are all problems the players create themselfs.
    nobody should force you to do lfr/flex if you are in a raidguild.
    if you want to progress fast, then you might want to, and maybe in that case the raidlead enforces it.
    but if you dont want to do flex/lfr and are forced to just to stay in your raid, maybe you should speak with your raidleader about that issue.

i dont think blizz will ever share the lockout of normal/hc with lfr, that might destroy lfr cause many good player that are keeping it afloat wont do it anymore.
    with flex im not that sure. maybe they will link that lookout with normal or lfr, but that wouldnt be too much of an issue for me.

all in all, just dont mix the lockouts

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe they could do that with everything on one lockout. But 10 & 25 man don't share one.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    the thing is, all that burnout and "i dont want to go 3 times a week the same raid" are all problems the players create themselfs.
    nobody should force you to do lfr/flex if you are in a raidguild.
    if you want to progress fast, then you might want to, and maybe in that case the raidlead enforces it.
    but if you dont want to do flex/lfr and are forced to just to stay in your raid, maybe you should speak with your raidleader about that issue.

i dont think blizz will ever share the lockout of normal/hc with lfr, that might destroy lfr cause many good player that are keeping it afloat wont do it anymore.
    with flex im not that sure. maybe they will link that lookout with normal or lfr, but that wouldnt be too much of an issue for me.

all in all, just dont mix the lockouts
    That's why this lock out needs to happen, people don't want to do them, they feel like they have to do them. Because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Personally, go back to the LK system imo. Gives incentive to raid 25, but 10 is still an accomplishment. Separate lockouts and all.
    The current system is the Wrath system.

There was "Normal raiding", you raided in a 25man guild.
    Then there was a second lockout which was 10man, with a easier difficulty that gave loot 13 ilvl behind (264 vs 251)

... Now

There is "Normal Raiding" which is raiding 10 or 25man (CHOICES!) most likely with your guild.
    Then there's a second lockout called Flex Raiding, which is between 10 to 25 people, with an easier difficulty that gave loot 13 ilvl behind (553 vs 540)
    ...And then for shits and giggles, they added a Solo-Queue Raiding lockout with no coordination required whatsoever which is about as fun as soloQ in League or Dota and gives tremendously lower gear.

Read the first two again. We have the Wrath system WITH EVEN MORE CHOICES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Where do they strip down content with this? Everyone is able to see it still, you only change difficulty that you are interested in, if ur going to do normal this week then u do that instead of the easier versions, if u can't do normal this week, u get a difficulty down and do that.
    Because I do Heroic with different people I do flex with. Share them, I can't play with Flex folk, and we are stripped of content to do together.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Removing the ability to do both Normal and LFR would hurt LFR.

Since LFR is generally carried by the few people that run both Normal/Heroic and still do the Odd LFR, to remove their ability to do both and knowing they would choose only normal or higher means LFR would be a complete mess of just low tier people and badly geared alts.

Anyone who thinks they HAVE to do more than one raid a week is a moron

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I understand that the current system reflects the Wrath system, I would personally love to see a comeback in 25 man raiding guilds however. They have a tendency to be few and far between these days due to the lack of a proper incentive and the extra work required to keep them organized.
    To be honest, the spirit of this thread is "Dont force people to do what they dont want", and suggesting you split 10 and 25man wouldnt have a comeback for people liking 25mans, it would just make people feel FORCED to do 25man guilds to get double the loot. 25man having a comeback and 25man not sharing a lockout are two different things that shouldnt be toghether.
    There are many people that wants to do 25man raiding, it's definitely not dying if people wants to do them so badly. The current issue is that people who wants to do them are generally not on the same server, the population is getting thinner and thinner which is what the Connected Realms would fix. If there were between 7 to 10 people interested in 25mans guilds on a bunch of servers, then they cant do more than a 10man guild and they bitch at Blizzard to force people to join them into doing something. IF they connected 3-4 realms with 10 people wanting 25man together, suddenly you have material for one, maybe two 25mans guild!

I really understand your issue and i would love for you to get to do what you want, but i wouldn't want to be forced to do it too. We can easily say that LFR isnt mandatory because 528 gear vs 553 isnt worth it. But getting TWICE THE HEROIC LOOT is a completly different mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Removing the ability to do both Normal and LFR would hurt LFR.

Since LFR is generally carried by the few people that run both Normal/Heroic and still do the Odd LFR, to remove their ability to do both and knowing they would choose only normal or higher means LFR would be a complete mess of just low tier people and badly geared alts.
    Welcome to 5.4 LFR, where Normal gear is so far above LFR that Normal/Heroic raiders dont queue, and the decent LFRers moved to Flex without looking back.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    Welcome to 5.4 LFR, where Normal gear is so far above LFR that Normal/Heroic raiders dont queue, and the decent LFRers moved to Flex without looking back.
    I know, meaning that taking a lockout from the FEW that do, would just spell disaster for LFR.

You think Nazgrim is hard in LFR now, just wait until a boss like that with NO actual good players sticking around.

It may be a problem at the start of next expansion for a week or two, but as it is, I know of very few to zero people that run Flex, LFR, and Normal/Heroic on the same character.

Reason is simple - between Flex and Normal, and LFR's staggered release schedule, LFR is obsolete before you can do it. By the time LFR is released, you've already had several normal clears and a couple clears of the same flex wing, and the gear upgrades that come with that, so there's no min-maxing to be done. And if you're not the type of player that clears normal modes in week 1-2 and clears flex easily the week it comes out, are you really the type of player that's likely to min-max in the first place?

For the middle-of-the-road players who are in a relatively slowly progressing guild who also want to optimize, I could potentially see the issue... but if they slapped a shared lockout on LFR and Flex, it would stop players who play casually and see Flex mode as progression from using LFR as a gearing tool the way that heroic raiders use Flex.

Locking people out of content isn't a good idea. The only reason it works for 10/25 man is because not doing that ruins 10 man progression (25 man guilds with more manpower and more gear go back in 10 man mode and steal all the first kills), and a second chance at the same gear is a lot more enticing and useful for a lot longer than the possibility of getting gear with the same name that's effectively a tier behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    That's why this lock out needs to happen, people don't want to do them, they feel like they have to do them. Because they can.
    The number of people "forced" are I'm sure dwarfed by the number of people who are there because they want to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would make more sense if there was only 1 lockout, or at least lockouts between LFR/Flex and Normal/HC. Why? Because LFR and flex should be there when you don't have enough players/don't have the time to raid. That's what blizzard wants to achieve with LFR and flex modes, so there's no reason to have normal and HC mode to not have a lockout with LFR and flex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think lfr and normal mode should share a lockout. Flex is its own lockout.

2 lockouts per week to run if you want to. flex and normal/heroic/lfr
    Indeed.

Or remove lfr and put the lore in Scenarios, since we have Flex now.