Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I agree OP. For me its always been about the pvp, I know WoW devs have been bashed on hard about their pvp, but I love it. There is something about killing another player and thinking what they are thinking when you do so. I remember my first time stepping into arenas, heart pounding seeing what classes you are fighting and then thinking about how you are going to counter them. It was always gratifying after you beat a team with a OP class/classes.

The social aspect is what keeps me coming back though. I left during cata and came back only because I had several friends asking me to. Without friendship in this game, for me, it makes it very boring. I hope WoW is only "killed off" by another Blizz MMO that is better than World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    To be honest anyone who is an adult with children were praising the powers that be that there was a movie they could take their kids to that they could watch without loosing their mind. They design the majority of animated movies for kids but they make them specifically to entertain adults as well because the adults control the wallets, not the kids.

The majority of people who said, "LOL Kng Fu Panda!" didn't give mop a try in the same way that toddlers won't give green beans a try. Same maturity level as well.
    Exactly, I love that they are geared towards both the young and the older, heck I'm 31 no kids and love a well done animated movie

Guess some people are too hung up on looking *mature* rather than just enjoying life

Agree, and that is why my signature.

...I would love nothing more to enjoy wow like I once did. Would pay good money for it to...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

WoW will probably always be my favourite game, and i'm so attached to the Warcraft universe that I don't think i'll ever truly leave.

Met so many cool people and done so many cool things in WoW. I remember literally shaking as we got Vashj/Kael/Archimonde/Illidan(and other bosses before/after) to lower than 10% and the pure ecstasy when they eventually died, I don't think i'll ever experience anything like that in raiding, or gaming ever again.

I remember when I played the game, not to get to max level as quick as possible and gear up as quickly as I could, but to explore the world, experience a new zone/climate and find a new dungeon and spend hours getting a group together and running the new dungeon with no idea what it is.

I remember the first time I did BGs, before battlegroups existed, and we lost like 10 WSG in a row. I went straight to the forum and issued a rallying cry in a topic I created, calling for people to fight together and stand as one as we fight the horde. I cringe thinking back to it I tried to find the topic a couple years later but alas it was gone

For all the shit it gets, WoW was and is awesome
    Last edited by wych; 2013-10-30 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    i agree the only reason i don't play anymore is nostalgia

i don't want to ruin my memories of wow with lame pandas and LFR /LFG

i rather not play to keep my nostalgia with the real world of warcraft and not mix it with kong fu panda
    I tried MoP and I share your sentiment now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally with ya.

WoW has been for me:

1. Completely relaxing escape from the stress of a high-pressure career
    2. A fun hobby shared with my spouse - we play together
    3. Something to do in the evenings when we had a small child and he was in bed for the night (you have no social life when you have babies, lol)
    4. Something I now share with that child, who got his own WoW account when he turned 12 - now we all 3 play together! (As long as he keeps straight As, anyway <g>) I will say I am grateful to have a ongoing game we can share a few hours a week with a 12 year old boy, who's at an age where most boys don't want to play with mom or dad.

Even at the times where the developers have done things I didn't like or agree with, it's still a great game. There have been a few times where I took months-long breaks for real life reasons, or reasons of utter frustration/disinterest (primarily Cata, there), or even trying other games that were fairly quickly abandoned (Warhammer, SWOTOR, Rift). WoW is still the one that I can't ever quite leave.

My kid will go to college in 5 years. I figure we'll still be playing a couple hours a week, us from home and him from his dorm... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    Totally with ya.

WoW has been for me:

1. Completely relaxing escape from the stress of a high-pressure career
    2. A fun hobby shared with my spouse - we play together
    3. Something to do in the evenings when we had a small child and he was in bed for the night (you have no social life when you have babies, lol)
    4. Something I now share with that child, who got his own WoW account when he turned 12 - now we all 3 play together! (As long as he keeps straight As, anyway <g>) I will say I am grateful to have a ongoing game we can share a few hours a week with a 12 year old boy, who's at an age where most boys don't want to play with mom or dad.

Even at the times where the developers have done things I didn't like or agree with, it's still a great game. There have been a few times where I took months-long breaks for real life reasons, or reasons of utter frustration/disinterest (primarily Cata, there), or even trying other games that were fairly quickly abandoned (Warhammer, SWOTOR, Rift). WoW is still the one that I can't ever quite leave.

My kid will go to college in 5 years. I figure we'll still be playing a couple hours a week, us from home and him from his dorm... lol.
    Mom: "Honey, you have a debuff... right... there... here, let me get that for you..."

Son: "MOOOOOM, IM TRYIN TO DPS GOSH!"

Dad: "Son, don't argue with your mother, just let her dispell you."

Son: "God, why can't my mom just be a hunter like all the other girls!! ><?"

Dad: "Son, don't make me turn this group around. We will go right back out of this instance and you can go to bed without ANY gear tonight!"

Son: "Fiiiinnnnnnneeeee....."

haha... I love the movies that play in my head.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-10-31 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    source ?

pandas in warcraft 3 were not goofy looking and did not punch and use fists with weird clumsy animations

now the Monk panda in wow is much more like Kong fu panda clumsy panda fighting in martial arts and ninja style like nartuo or some anime style
    So you say this looks goofy:

While this doesn't

?
    And here is some w3 panda 'punching':
    PM me weird stuff :3

As much as i complain about pvp balance in this game - this thread is 100% truth - there will NEVER be another game like WoW - you play gw2 and it feels slower - you play SWTOR and it feels slower - the combat system in wow - the way spells interact - its unique and always will be, even though this game frustrates me to the point where i want to punch my computer it definately has alot of good stuff in it that people tend to forget about.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    I left WoW in Cata, tried MoP etc...but that is all besides the point. One thing I realised yesterday is how much of an amazing part of my life WoW has been. Something tragic happened in my life yesterday that I do not wish to talk about but once it was all said and done I got home agitated, stressed and lost. I jumped on a certain wow server and flew around some of my favourite zones and for a few moments it made me forget about how much my life is sucking, just for a short time.

I myself have given blizz a lot of flack about the state of game and blah blah blah but the fact remains...there will never be a game which will give me as much happiness as I got out of WoW when I was an avid player. Thank you WoW, I am amazed that a game can bring so much calm and distract me from life's bigger issues at least for a short time.

Many people like me are guilty of shaming WoW and saying terrible things about how the game is now and maybe that is because everytime we talk about the times we loved, people claim we are just being nostalgic. But what is life, if not a series of nostalgic experiences? It's nostalgia that makes me hold onto my old teddy bear from when I was a lad, it's nostalgia that makes me love my old school so much, it's nostalgia that I can feel about a game which is'nt evn real, like I feel for WoW.

Those were good days. All the hate aside, WoW is and will forever be one of the finest games I ever played.
    Try and keep your head up, it will get better.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    the only thing that came close was the fun questing experience in SW:ToR but even that was still far behind.
    I wouldn't say it was far behind at all. I loved it. I took a little break from it, and came back to server merges that required me to change my character names... that was the end of the line for me. This is because they hyped up the Legacy aspect of the same, so all of my characters were constructed with that in mind. Keeping none of their names just ruined the whole thing. The F2P aspects actually require you to have a full subscription to really enjoy the game as from launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has always been my way to get away. For the most part of Highschool, thru college, and now in the business world WoW has given me a way to get away. WoW will always have a special place in my heart and be a topic of nostalgia and fun when talking about it with my other buddies who play or played. Currently me and my brother play together and it is our way to hang out since I do not live close by anymore due to work. Thanks for the fun and am I excited about the future.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Say what you will about the current state of the game, but Blizzard do make some quality games that I enjoy playing. The design, music, questing, lore etc. are always fun and I just love the setting. It's a great game to experience and to come back to.

100% agreed, warcraft is #1 game. Cheap as heck, and you can pump hours without feeling like you are just wasting time compared to other games feels like you made an accomplishment. And the story line makes some sense compared to the stuff people are pumping out

compared to Call of Duty. I had my xbox 360 ever since it came out, nov 2005. It still even has the manufacture stampings on the metal hinges(*yes the xbox360 has like 4metal clamps) dating to may 2005

I had Call of duty 2 with it...I must have spent over 700 hours on it. Problem is cod cant satisfy for that long, they are literally THE SAME GAMES SINCE 2005. Not sure what was the rave about modern warfare all about , did you kids not play cod2?(I am not referring to you guys, im referring to those praising mw)

The xbox did have the advantage over WoW at first( it was 50$$ for a year if you still had your old subscription for 2years from classic xbox it would transfer over),had achievements with Gamerscore and split screen in Halo 2. One thing about all these games is what they don't get updated and even then the map pack costs $$. And you can only play so much Halo I only buy them for campaign story line now they are nearly identical games as well...8 hour campaign for 60 bucks..seems overpriced to me

I spent
    nearly 600$ on the console(they were THAT damn expensive back then)
    roughly , 500$ worth of games new and used( 60$ a pop LOL, my friend has ALL the call of duties, infinity ward must have milked him dry 60*9=540$ and there is another one coming up)

Single player games can be beat in literally 4-5 days even if replayed. I have a game called "stalker shadow of Chernobyl" which is kinda iffy but its really moddable....even with mods you can beat it so fast it gets boring

GTA is really moddable too on PC but that gets old as well, same old setting and locations its just that darn bad. Im sorry what makes WoW #1 is what the developers look after it even in its state and constantly add content to it. Makes even Runescape shine compared to call of duty....we had what, like 2 patches in the past year and 2 map packs which are like 4 multiplayer maps? And none are free?(cept the patches ofc). No bang for the buck whatsoever

Nobody ever really gains anything in life, you just come into temporary possession of things you are destined to lose.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Bloodsail Admiral Transmigration's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me, in no particular order:

Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9
    Diablo II LoD
    WoW
    Zelda OoT

Looking at how much time I spend in WoW compared to any other game, there is no doubt it's a fine product. From 2005 to this day I assume I've spent somewhere between 400-500€ on it, but it's money better spent than 50-60€ on a single player game I finish in 6-8 hours and never play again. Also, I'm more invested in story and lore of WoW than those of other games.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Yeah, as much as I complain, this game is probably in my top 20, top ten if I compact sequels into one entry.

They have changed a whole lot though, and enough of the things I liked are gone for good. The last two expansions didn't feel worth enough of my time to really get into, and certainly not worth the 400$ to play either full expansion.

It's honestly enough to make me want to set up a private server, just grab the parts I like and make it a small invitation only thing. but I won't cause that's naughty.