Deleted

Lightbulb Character transfer possible in a cheaper way?

Hello guys and girls,

So I read a couple of blue posts where they explain why they can't make character transfers free for players.
    I would have to agree with the most arguments of the blue posts about the 'mass transferring to one faction' thing, but what about cutting the price in half. It's just too much money for one character at a time, let alone multiple characters.

My situation at the moment:

I stopped playing WoW for a while and consider playing again. My brother (where I do arena's with and everything) changed all his characters to a better PvP server. Now I am stuck in a realm where I have nothing to do, in my case, and I'm not going to pay about €80,- for my characters to be transfered to his realm..., just to start playing with my brother again. I know it is different in every situation but I'm sure I'm not alone here.
    A good half in price (or more ofcourse) would make me think twice about starting to play again, as for the full price now is just too much to start playing.

Thanks in advance for any replies and I'm curious if more people feel this way..

-Gyacide, Twilight's Hammer EU

10+ Year Old Account
    didn't they implement cross-server arenas yet? so u can just form a party and hit the queues no need to transfer your toons

Deleted
    It's not just for arena's. Also just want to walk beside him and go on great adventures, on the same realm!

The only problem with that is that you do decide to play at times when your friend isn't on, you need people on your current server to party with. So for 2's, yes if you only plan on playing with one person, its perfect. Other than that, there are still limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triny1337 View Post
    It's not just for arena's. Also just want to walk beside him and go on great adventures, on the same realm!
    and you can do that... just form a party and go whenever... you will be phased together.

Deleted
    If you party with him you'll be ported to his realm, but I do understand what you mean. I think there should be a discount for each additional toon you decide to transfer. ie Each additional toon is -20% of the original price or something, up to 100% then it stays at the same price so if you have a lot of toons (full realm) it still won't be *too* expensive.

now days you can do just about cross server anything anyway, but i would be happy if they lowered the price of transfer, even if it was just lowered to $20

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway yeah I agree it's a ripoff ... how could it really cost 25Euro to move a few files from one folder to another ... because that's basically what it is, and it's all automated anyway... a human comes in only if there's an error during transfer and you get fucked up characters or something and open up a ticket

I also think $25 for a character transfer is far too much. I don't mind paying for the service, but why not a little a cheaper Blizz?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ephemeross View Post
    If you party with him you'll be ported to his realm
    Yes, I know. The arena's and party is just an example. Like being in the same guild, I know you can do old raids but it's more like this feeling of 'You enter the dungeon and after that you're done.'

What if you want to walk or fly to a random spot and do random things. It has limitations indeed, and that is a shame.

Cutting the price in half is a bad idea - the last time they did this we had a surge in people flocking to high population realms.

Instead they should have reduced prices that allow you to move as many characters as you like from a realm to any other singular non-high pop or full realm.

Thus people might be tempted to migrate to medium pop realms and spread it all out a bit more.

And also reduced cost of faction transfers across the board might work. Though it may just cause more instability as everyone deserts one half of a server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I know. The arena's and party is just an example. Like being in the same guild, I know you can do old raids but it's more like this feeling of 'You enter the dungeon and after that you're done.'

What if you want to walk or fly to a random spot and do random things. It has limitations indeed, and that is a shame.
    you can do that man.... you can go to whatever spot you want and kill anything there.. even players if you find any... only thing you can't do is trade and join the same guild...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Cutting the price in half is a bad idea - the last time they did this we had a surge in people flocking to high population realms.

Instead they should have reduced prices that allow you to move as many characters as you like from a realm to any other singular non-high pop or full realm.

Thus people might be tempted to migrate to medium pop realms and spread it all out a bit more.

And also reduced cost of faction transfers across the board might work. Though it may just cause more instability as everyone deserts one half of a server.
    That really won't matter soon enough when servers get "merged" or whatever they wanna call it.

Dont know if anything has changed, so if it is no longer like that, ignore this.

With Resurrect scroll, the acc that got resurrected used to get free realm transfter+lvl80 (you can do both, or just one, but couldnt do them sparated) and a faction change for free also if recall right.
    Ofc if your acc already got resurrected before you cant use it again.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/art...surrection-faq

From what i managed to see not much has change, take a look, might help you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itakas View Post
    Dont know if anything has changed, so if it is no longer like that, ignore this.

With Resurrect scroll, the acc that got resurrected used to get free realm transfter+lvl80 (you can do both, or just one, but couldnt do them sparated) and a faction change for free also if recall right.
    Ofc if your acc already got resurrected before you cant use it again.

From what i managed to see not much has change, take a look, might help you.

Thanks for the info, but I haven't stopped playing long enough to use that scroll. It must be atleast a year and half it says. So basically I would have to pay the full price, or wait another half year before playing..