Deleted

Which specc for Garrosh hc?

So my guild are starting progress on Garrosh 10 man HC this week. I've been looking into the fight and videos but I thought i might ask here for some opinions too. What do you think is the best specc for a rogue on Garrosh hc (10 man) for progression? Seen rogues in 25 man guild going with sub for engineer burst but 10 man guilds seems to have other classes for it? Pros 'n Cons for different speccs? I thought i might start out with assa since it's a pretty decent overall specc which have some heavy aoe for adds and still have good singeltarget and targetswitching abilities.

And any input on special glyphs or talens? I know that there's not alot of rogues that have killed it in 10 man yet but still, everyone are alowed an opinion!

Shoot!

I haven't killed it yet, but we've made pretty good progress.

If you have good combat weapons, go combat. BF is very good for speeding up the first heart phase. You can also help cleave with BF during p1 (but be very careful with KSp—adds will turn around and swing on you, so use Evasion or just don't BF-KSp).

Subt is good if your guild wants you to do engineers. I did this for a night when our warlock was out.

Assassination just isn't as good at this ilvl unless you're missing major pieces of gear (weapons/AoC/4pc).

For talents, use CR if you don't already. You get melee'd pretty frequently over the encounter. Also, don't use a non-lethal poison. They don't do anything useful and they stay on MC targets.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-10-30 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three specs have killed it on both 10 and 25. Go with what your gear allows or what your raid needs, if neither is a huge issue, play what your prefer. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    [...]
    Assassination just isn't as good at this ilvl unless you're missing major pieces of gear (weapons/AoC/4pc).
    [...]
    Except for the fact that you spend the whole hardest phase in Dispatch range as well as spending the majority of P4 in Dispatch range. Assassination is not bad by any means on Garrosh if it's your prefered spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Except for the fact that you spend the whole hardest phase in Dispatch range as well as spending the majority of P4 in Dispatch range. Assassination is not bad by any means on Garrosh if it's your prefered spec.
    May i ask which you preferred/opted to go with?

I'm only starting on Paragons HC tomorrow, not 100% sure which spec ill be going for that

We had 4 rogues with our kill and all were combat. I definitely prefer sub at the moment, but combat really plays a big part on quick transition 1s and the single target dps is still high. If your guild is fine with T1s, assassination might be a viable option since pushing the p3 before 4th desecrate/MC trivializes the phase. We had 2 rogues on engineers. Two rogues started on engineer (not attacking boss to save trinket procs), killing first with tricks + trickets + KSp. Third rogue came to help on 2nd engineer (I used AR/SB here since it was back up for T1 boss damage/KSp back up for embodied doubts.

I'd say it depends on the weapons that you have & what exactly is the hardest things your group has to deal with since all 3 specs are good for this fight. Sub will do massive single target dmg to Garrosh but won't help on adds & MCs. Combat won't do much single target dmg but it's excellent for MCs & adds in between phases. Assassination is very good below 35% HP & this will happen 4 times in the fight. For engineers I'd say both Combat & Sub are good, for Combat you have to make sure you have Killing Spree ready for it and for Sub you really only need Vanish with Subterfuge, basically you Vanish, Shadowstep, Ambush, Hemo, Ambush, Evi & it should already be dead (I'm talking 25man with 3 other players on engineer though).

If I were you for 10man I'd try Sub first since it does a bit more dmg than combat on engineer & does the very good dmg on Garrosh. If the group has a lot of problems dealing with MCs though you might want to try Combat instead because Sub is terrible for aoe & cleave.