Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm sorry to crush your hopes and dreams, but these are new models. Not a new graphics system.

What you won't get:

What you will get:

For a part because the above picture is not Blizzard's style. The new Garrosh model is pretty damn impressive while retaining the cartoon feel. At least -- in my opinion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    For a part because the above picture is not Blizzard's style. The new Garrosh model is pretty damn impressive while retaining the cartoon feel. At least -- in my opinion.
    Yeah but there are many people who think we'll get GW2 graphics with this. Height/weight sliders, full 3D armor, dance studio....

I actually do like the new Garrosh model, though some animations clearly haven't been updated yet (the ones Garrosh wouldn't use (clap))
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I expect to see Humans and Dwarves at the very least, hopefully one or more races on top of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Yeah but there are many people who think we'll get GW2 graphics with this. Height/weight sliders, full 3D armor, dance studio....

I actually do like the new Garrosh model, though some animations clearly haven't been updated yet (the ones Garrosh wouldn't use (clap))

Most animations work and have been updated but just look bad. Like applaud/clap, which you mentioned. The rapeface is bad -- but it is an animated face and thus updated. I hope they change it for the orcs though. It's horribly creepy and hilarious.

And dance studio might still happen. Small chance, but it might! xD It would make sense for them to do so after the model updates.

3D armor isn't too unrealistic either. A Blizzard tier design artist spoke about wanting to do it sometime in the future. On top of that, NPCs in MoP have used a lot more unique armor models than before. They could add the same for player chars. Of course they wouldn't do it before the model updates, because they'd have to do it all over afterwards.

The rest, though -- is pretty unrealistic. Like I said: GW2 graphics aren't Blizzard's style to begin with, and they seem adamantly against height/weight sliders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I expect to see Humans and Dwarves at the very least, hopefully one or more races on top of that.
    Humans, dwarves and orcs.

I hope to see at least one more though. Would probably be troll. Can't wait to see gnome/draenei (later on)/forsaken and tauren though. Can't wait to see the huge change.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Pet Store.

Because they're not an investment that will bring them more money. Selling another pet, another expansion or vanity items are.

I have some moon rock here I'd like to sell - would you be interested in buying some?

No one in the right mind wants to look at the original ten year old textures or the low polygon models. There have been so many posts, so many complaints, so many alternative works of art on various forums that you cannot believe the crap they're spewing - hell, people have been doing WAY better textures, WAY better models and armour on their spare time in a matter of DAYS.

"People are attached.." Jesus christ dude, come on.

Have you played PvP lately?
    Expect a "I told you so" message once player models are released, the game is still pay to play, and it is NOT an optional buy in the cash shop.

And dance studio might still happen. Small chance, but it might! xD It would make sense for them to do so after the model updates.

3D armor isn't too unrealistic either. A Blizzard tier design artist spoke about wanting to do it sometime in the future. On top of that, NPCs in MoP have used a lot more unique armor models than before. They could add the same for player chars. Of course they wouldn't do it before the model updates, because they'd have to do it all over afterwards.
    To this day I wonder why they ever wanted to implement a dance studio in the first place. No matter how you look at it the idea is horrible. The use is next to non existant, there is no gameplay involved and the customization is limited to when people stop and actually use /dance. Then because of the way models work in wow a dance studio would requite every single move of every dance to be animated for every single race (and gender), which would make this feature a ever growing development resource hog. It would work if all races would use the same human skeleton, but because of all the diffrent skeletons this is just a hilarious fail from a design and managment PoV.

As for the 3D armor models: Wanting and actually doing it are completly diffrent, don't you think? What unique armor models are you talking about btw?

Edit: Darn someone necro'ed that thing ...
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2013-11-07 at 11:04 PM.

What we won't get with new models:
    -Sliders.
    We're not going to get models of different sizes and fatness for every race. Game wasn't made for it. Clipping issues will occur. A whole lot of time needed to do something problematic to the game as it is. I don't see it happening.
    -Armor coloring options.
    There are plenty of games that have this, but there are some things about WoW Blizzard cannot change. Like the main backpack's standard 16 slots. WoW evolves, but it's easier to add stuff than change stuff. In this case, it would require the game to see armor color as a code that can be changed. But it is an actual colored texture in the game files. Every different color has its own texture.
    -Custom animations.
    Marvelous idea. But I really doubt it.

What may may get, if lucky:
    -Sub-races.
    Last we heard, Blizzard was considering it. Cross your fingers! Because if they'll scrap anything, it'll be this.
    -Upgraded NPCs.
    People seem to forget, even if your character will be hidden beneath armor, the rest of the world won't be, and will look great.
    -Better animations.
    I don't need to explain this one.
    -Legs below robes.
    It was long long ago, but I'm very confident this was mentioned at some point. If they're still going for it, it opens interesting new armor options.
    -Shaped chestpieces.
    Gear won't instantly become as great as NPCs. But with so much more points to a character model, they can change the basic body shape depending on the gear you wear, without it looking like crap. You already see this with some pants, that change leg shape. But these changes are simple and it's tough to make it completely match the texture. With better models, they can start experimenting with chest pieces that have different shapes, rather than just being a texture.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2013-11-07 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    We will not see all races with new models, but we will see new Dwarves. 90% confident.

Will be happy with better beards. Will be ecstatic if they include Wildhammer tattoos.
    Agreed! More power to the beards!!

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Humans and Dwarves? I scream Horde favoritism!

I know it's semi wishful thinking but I am expecting at least four new race models. Humans and Orcs would be the first to get done, and evident by Garrosh/Thrall there is progress made there. They mentioned Dwarves being almost done during Cata I believe, and Trolls between the Zandalari and Vol'jin have a good chance too. Maybe Tauren with Yangoul I guess too but my some what realistic hopes are those four, even though my two main characters are Orcs, and that's the one I want more than anything I overall want a better looking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avallon View Post
    Expect a "I told you so" message once player models are released, the game is still pay to play, and it is NOT an optional buy in the cash shop.
    @Miuku - as promised, I told you so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope night elves look like Tyrande's update from a couple years back (i.e. the End of Time instances). She looks much nicer than the Classic nelf model.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would bet on better newer armor, though redoing what already exists... like trying to reform every star in the sky, there is just so much of it it's probably impossible and unreasonable to even put it on the to-do list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    -Legs below robes.
    It was long long ago, but I'm very confident this was mentioned at some point. If they're still going for it, it opens interesting new armor options.
    You know, I would really like this! In the "Fantasy" world scenes on Once Upon a Time, one of the female characters wears pants with split skirts open in the front, and it's a really nice look. If you chose the female character in Fable awhile back I think she had a costume with a split skirt and pants. For example see this costume: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-l30PPmKUsL...T203-00721.jpg

It would be cool if they could really do something new, instead of just re-patterning/coloring the existing robe styles.

I'm always astounded when people mention Varian Wrynn or Jaina Proudmoore's model as a viable example when it comes to the new player models. Just compare Cataclysm Garrosh to Mists of Pandaria Garrosh. The difference is like the difference between night and day, and that was a model from one expansion ago. Jaina and Varian are from two expansions ago, so..

In my opinion, it's only Garrosh that counts as an example for the new player models altogether, because it has a new skeleton.

When it comes to texture and model (no skeleton/animations) quality, you could, I guess compile a list like this:

Vol'jin - Troll male
    Mar'li - Troll female
    Tyrande/Azshara - Night elf female (so-so)
    Illidan[past]/Malfurion/Fandral - Night elf male
    Deathwing human form - Human male

Yes, I think Deathwing's human model is a better example than Varian Wrynn, and Jaina is from WoTLK, so I feel it's too old to compare too. I'm even iffy on Tyrande and Azshara anyway.

(snipping image)

Yaungol, I guess -- could be a slight example of new tauren.
    What Jaina model are you talking about? If you mean the silver hair with the gold streak, that was Cataclysm and occurred with the first scenario.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail