Character Services Sale... and Too many servers!

Character Services sale. When is the next one? I doubt any time soon. Id like to see the numbers on how many people took advantage of the last one. I think they should try and do a sale like that ever other raid tier, or at the beginning/end of an expansion (since content seems to be rolling out sooner). It could (but probably not) help with some realm population issues. The whole issue with realm population is just how many servers there actually are. We will see what the future has to hold with the connected servers. Also side note, yea transfers are a premium service...but if you want to raid (IE play the game) you will most likely need to transfer to find a guild that suites you. Gone are the days when its a simple leave guild a 25m guild, and find another on your server.

Pocketful- 110 Priest- Savant - US Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Renisis86 View Post
    Character Services sale. When is the next one? I doubt any time soon. Id like to see the numbers on how many people took advantage of the last one. I think they should try and do a sale like that ever other raid tier, or at the beginning/end of an expansion (since content seems to be rolling out sooner). It could (but probably not) help with some realm population issues. The whole issue with realm population is just how many servers there actually are. We will see what the future has to hold with the connected servers. Also side note, yea transfers are a premium service...but if you want to raid (IE play the game) you will most likely need to transfer to find a guild that suites you. Gone are the days when its a simple leave guild a 25m guild, and find another on your server.
    They aren't going to do anything to further destabilize and disrupt realm populations when they are still trying to determine and implement realm connections. It just isn't going to happen especially since the last sale made realm population issues noticeably significantly worse (as many of us predicted only to be called fanboys).

As far as the number of realms, it's fine. The problem has always been player distribution.

I would rather they just make it so there is no gold cap, and it is one flat rate to fleet all your toons to another server. I am stuck on my server because I would loose hundreds of thousands of gold doing a transfer now. I don't want to convert it to goods and try to convert it back on the new server because people just aren't buying stuff on the AH, at least on my server, which is medium-high pop.

I would guess after all of the connected realms dust settles, when people learn their server got a bad match or didn't get matched with a server they were thinking of transferring to. I pulled the trigger on a transfer when i learned my destination server wasn't linked with my current server.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    don't they do black fridays?

or is it only some game clients that have a discount? I can't recall from last year.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's safe to assume that more people took advantage of the character services at the reduced and far fairer prices during the sale than they do any other time.
    I don't even need them to present a number, the sheer amount of character/race changes, transfers and so on that took place on my realm that week was astonishing.
    Butts.

They recently said the goal was for all merged servers to have a high population. Looks to be over 200 realms in the US alone that will be merged.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I would guess after all of the connected realms dust settles, when people learn their server got a bad match or didn't get matched with a server they were thinking of transferring to. I pulled the trigger on a transfer when i learned my destination server wasn't linked with my current server.
    They aren't even remotely close to being done with realm connections and keep in mind some realms may end up being connected with more than just one other realm.