Poll: What do you think of this class concept?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Brilliant, creative and design wise, very sound.

I really dig the part where Wrathion becomes integral in this new class. He gets to serve his anti-hero purpose well.
    Chronomancer Club

Deleted
    What I would like to see for a new class, is blizzard utilizing what they tried with monks .. The ability to switch between dps and healing..
    Or atleast expand on that.. Making one of the dps specs for this class able to switch between melee and ranged, or requiring it do so..
    But dont neglect raid CDs or atleast some sort of utility it can offer the raid.. Crit banner for example..

Also, make it use Int+spirit plate for one spec, agi mail for another..
    I know screwed with the ability to use both mail and plate, but its those two combinations that needs another class..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sajin0084 View Post
    But... there is one they fear. In their tongue... he is 'Dovahkiin' - Titonborn!
    What about 'Dorfahkiin'?

But would absolutely love this class. Sounds very new to me, both in lore and playstyle, and very fitting to the Warcraft universe.
    The tank-spec sounds very tricky to me, but would be amazing if it'd work out!

I like it, despite the comedic elements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool concept good job .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always imagined a Titan-themed class, I'd play it!

I would probably do a few things different here and there -- put more emphasis on Greco-Roman influence, in place of the more "robotic" influence we've seen from Titan-related stuff lately -- but overall, I really dig it! Roman-styled armor, with Greek-styled clothing and robes, and Celestial-based abilities... Honestly, I couldn't envision a more badass Class!!!

- - - Updated - - -

A few other changes I would make; for one, I actually don't care for some of the proposed naming-conventions. I don't really have any better alternatives on-hand, but something more evocative of "Greek Gods", instead of the more sci-fi influence present in the original post. Also, I would put them in Mail, as it would round-out our armor-types quite nicely, plus that would look a lot better with the Greco-Roman armor themes that I mentioned above.

Also, I'm not totally sure on having mechanical races. Instead, I'd like something more similar to the Trolls in Throne of Thunder, with "ascended" versions of the mortal races. Naturally, the Vrykul would make a great fit, perhaps still having the Iron Vrykul as an option, but otherwise keeping flesh and bone, but also donning glowing-tattoos all over their bodies, signifying their Titan-based powers, with their bodies struggling to contain it. I really dig the idea of seeing a proto-Tauren as well, although more and more I get the feeling that the Tauren never really changed -- that said, they'd also look quite badass with glowing-tattoos all over their bodies, as well!

I heartily agree, though, that such a Class should be more restrictive, rather than "Oh, let's let everybody be this Class", a mentality that has robbed the Death Knight of practically all identity. I really dig the idea of Vrykul, Dwarves, and Tauren, though not entirely sure of who else you could go with. You might be on to something with proto-Trolls, or perhaps even the "ascended" Trolls seen on Isle and Throne of Thunder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Pics or shens, as it were
    You don't read a whole lot, then. It's been posted on the wiki, and discussed here on MMO-C in depth, that elves evolved from Trolls. And why does it have to 'cater to all races'? Some classes already don't, why not this? Blizzard doesn't need to be pigeonholed into only doing things they've already done. Do you even play this game?

I really, really like this idea, OP. It would put INT plate to use outside of Pallies, which is much needed. It's definitely a unique idea, too. The tank spec especially piques my interest, it's just so far and away from current tanking. I would certainly be up for playing this!
    I was thinking of the last hero class that was playable by every race. Thats not even the real issue here imo.

The issue here is people think its logically consistent that elves a race that clearly shares so many traits if not all with humans, yet comes from a completely unrelated ancestry. This is simply not logically consistent. Unless if you were to argue that the early night elves had somehow known about humans and admired them to the point that they used arcane magic to shape their genome to the point that they bare an uncanny resemblance to humans.

Theirs a reason blood elves are played so much, because they look exactly like humans besides the ears and eye brows. Which like I stated earlier could just be minor mutations.

The idea that all elves come from trolls, is speculation and a fun little idea blizzard likes to throw around. Its like the line that explains the warcraft universe "some people think the universe started with a great cosmic explosion, while others believe it was created by a single all powerful entity", does this mean their is a monotheistic god in warcraft? No, it just mean theirs a possibility. This is the same with trolls and night elves. Blizzard likes to keep this idea floating around so their is stuff to speculate on. Doesnt mean its true. We know humans came from vykruls, we dont how ever know for a fact that elves evolved from trolls.

Thanks for all feedback! I know this will never happen, but I wanted to show that good class design could come directly from the lore without falling back on a common class trope like "monk" or "ranger". I also wanted to prove that we don't need WC3 to come with class ideas anymore; WoW has built up so much more good lore it can stand on its own.

Like many of you, I also don't like the fact the Horde has no confirmed Titan ancestry, but there is no indication of where the Tauren, Trolls, or Goblins came from, so they could easy retcon Curse of Flesh origins to these races. The "proto" names are not what I would want them to be called, but just serve as an indicator that the playable form would be some ancestor to those races. The rest of the Horde are not possible for reasons stated in the OP.

I feel others have stated the night elf/troll stance to my satisfaction. But just incase you want to read more (WoWWiki - Night Elf Origins)
    Last edited by Futhark; 2013-10-31 at 03:21 PM.

While I think the idea is neat I'm against the class. First your tank spec sounds OP as heck. You basically have a clone tanking so the actual player can DPS and not take any damage. It's like a 2 for 1 with a tank that can't actually die. Second, your DPS seems to just be stealing the clone ideas from mesmers in GW2. And of course I'm still firmly against any new class because Blizz has yet to actually balance the existing classes and/or create a new class that was balance when it was introduced.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Its a great idea. Id pay money to see this implemented. Chance of implementation, however, is utterly 0%. They dont just take random ideas off forums and actually put it in a game. Never. Too bad. 10/10 idea.
    unfortunately, they do, the entire deathwing fight i remember being discussed at length on the EU forums at the end of wotlk - most of it actually made it into the game, for instance spine of deathwing was a fight concept straight from the EU forums.

on topic: like the class idea though, but not so keen on the proto tauren/troll/goblin idea. i'd be more inclined to have them as a neutral race to start with, which then aligns with alliance or horde, much like the way pandaren work. if they are constructs of wrathion, then they should be neutral, as wrathion is supposed to be neutral.

however, there is also the possibility of mogu as a titan construct, or in the same way that the thunder king used the titan tech to construct more powerful mogu, wrathion could empower original races - it'd be like pokemon evolution
    <insert witty signature here>

I was trying to conceive a class that wouldn't require a new race. One that could be implemented with existing races, but put a cool twist on it. The posts claiming I'm trying to cram a new race concept into a class design baffle me.

I also like the fact the majority of the spec comments are focused on the concept of ranged tanking. Looks like you guys either need to play it, or think it would never work.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I came up with something very similar a few months ago! Very cool that there are others who think a Titan class would be fun!
    ABOMS NORTH-LEFT!

Deleted
    I like it, very interesting, great work!

Like others have said, way better than all that tinker/demon hunter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by seni View Post
    I came up with something very similar a few months ago! Very cool that there are others who think a Titan class would be fun!
    Cool! Can I have a link?

One question: Why would the player Titanborn ally themselves with Horde or Alliance?

And yes I realize the same question can honestly be asked of the Pandaren, but still has to be asked.

As for the Horde classes, I'd get rid of Tauren one and make it the Mogu as they are already in game.

great idea and very original.... can't say either that it doesn't suit. Hats off.

read title and just thought.....skyrim.

Even though I'm a bit of a tinker fanboy

I actually loved this idea! Very original and very nice mechanics!

Only thing that needs some work (so it can be fully functional at its role) is the tank spec. While the idea of a ranged tank is interesting, controlling the clone might be a bit clunky as a mechanic. But the concept of the clone acting as a decoy is definitely neat and could be a very solid basis for a very original tanking spec!

Well Done!

this annoying robots from wotlk ? its the only thing i hated in wotlk so much and u want to make THEM playable class OH GOD NO