Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Powershot
    There isnt anything powerful here in PvE maybe on pvp have his uses because of knockback but compared to every other 90lv CD dps talent is meh

For me it's Death Siphon. Awful damage, crappy healing and all for the low price of a death rune.

Beast Lore. Does any high-level Hunter use this ability even once in their (WoW-)lifetime? Last time I've used it was back in WoW Vanilla as a low-level Hunter whom didn't know how to play and therefor just pressed buttons randomly.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    What ability do you think is currently the most undertuned and why?

Personally, I think Hammer of the Righteous wins this (protection version). Yeah yeah, tanks aren't meant to have particularly high damage, but at low vengeance levels, HotR seems to do below 20k damage. I seem to recall it doing more than that in ICC runs during 4.0 at level 80.
    Pretty much every (low vengeance) protadin ability wins this contest.

Bear abilities are not that far behind, or rather, not that far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Pretty much every (low vengeance) protadin ability wins this contest.
    People insist that since we have a lot of AoE's, it balances out with say, warrior's Thunderclap (BUFFED last patch? by 50%? The fuck?). But looking at that, we have 4 AoE's: Hammer of the Righteous is just...yeah... holy wrath does decent damage until you realize that it splits between all targets, consecration is stuck to one spot on the ground every ~6.5 seconds and is only low damage ticks, avenger's shield is pretty good but only hits 3 targets. Sure, vengeance "fixes" it all, but we really just rely on it way too much. Having ~60k dps at 0 vengeance is just sad. Try taunting off a warrior with ~200k vengeance while you have about 5k, and keeping threat afterwards.

Although I see Earthquake is a strong contender for "most undertuned". It is just sad that an ability that is meant to be a spec's signature AoE, a DPS spec at that, does such low damage. I always thought Blizzard was great at designing classes but sucked at tuning them properly afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by derdofe View Post
    paladins holy ae stun has to be pretty high on this list
    3-second stun is nice, but 2 minute cooldown, requires a glyph to be useful, and cast time as holy? Eww. Especially considering priests have an 8 second fear on a 30 second cooldown...

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Unleashes the Earthliving enchantment upon the Shaman's weapon, healing a friendly target for 3028 to 3280 (+ 28.6% of Spell power) and increasing the effect of the Shaman's next direct heal or Healing Rain by 30%.

There's a reason you always wait 1 second before casting healing rain and thats waiting for UE to come off CD.
    Wait, how long has this been in game? Granted my shaman is just an alt, but I thought it was only direct heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i've seen ele shamans using UE as well, doesn't mean it's any good lol.
    I was under the impression that you used UE every time you applied a flame shock. It seems to buff my flame shock pretty significantly for one GCD every 30s. Again, just an alt, and this time on his offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Unleash Elements: Life, for resto shamans. It has this awesome synergy idea behind it, except it's so bad that it's a waste of a GCD to cast it to get the buffed heal. Not to mention you have to spend 2 casts to get a super heal when you can just NS+GHW every 90s.
    if you think its a waste of a gcd then your a bad resto shammy, its only 1 gcd then you cast the spell.

Exorcism. Once you have the haste to push it out of your rotation you will barely ever use it (Maybe once a minute in that one time that both CS and Judgement are on CD) and you waste procs because there's no point to use it.

Power Word: Barrier

Bloodthirst.
    Hits like a flacid dick.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wait, how long has this been in game? Granted my shaman is just an alt, but I thought it was only direct heals.

I was under the impression that you used UE every time you applied a flame shock. It seems to buff my flame shock pretty significantly for one GCD every 30s. Again, just an alt, and this time on his offspec.
    I think 5.3 honestly it was added to included healing rain.
    And last I checked, UE was skipped for ele, used for enhance to reapply flame shock, haven't played ele since 5.0 though.

Also I agree with Earthquake.

Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    heroic throw?
    Seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Beast Lore. Does any high-level Hunter use this ability even once in their (WoW-)lifetime?
    It's quicker than alt-tabbing to see if a beast is actually tameable. So the answer is yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Power Word: Barrier
    This (unless it's sarcasm) and other similar things that are just QQ, do not belong here. This is a thread about the game's most undertuned abilities, how hard can that be?

Bloodthirst, Flamestrike, PW:B, Arcane Torrent, Jab, etc. are not anywhere near relevant levels of uselessness here.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Powershot
    There isnt anything powerful here in PvE maybe on pvp have his uses because of knockback but compared to every other 90lv CD dps talent is meh
    It has its uses, and it's hilarious when pulled off in the right area. Working as intended.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Death Siphon past lvl 80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Cloak and Daggers

No one uses this shit after nerf
    This. Should have limited the range to meele outside stealth instead of making it useless for shadowdance.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's quicker than alt-tabbing to see if a beast is actually tameable. So the answer is yes.
    You can also use it on shamans in ghost wolf form, assuming same for druids in bear/cat form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Doesn't Blood strike just evolve into Heart Strike in the same way Sunder becomes Devastate. Sure it doesn't replace the spell in the book but the effect is the same, you use the better spell.
    No, because only Blood gets Heart Strike. Frost and Unholy just have it chilling in their books, waiting to be pressed in conjunction with Death Grip by newbie DKs in LFR.

On-topic - Blood Strike (completely useless), Feed Pet (why is it still in the game?), Flamestrike (can't it at least be useful to cast in more than 1 situation?), Earthquake (why would the most overpowered AoE class need such a useless spell?), Hurricane

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Heroic Throw, there is nothing heroic about it at all, only good for keeping someone in combat.
    The fact that it's a valuable PvE interrupt is so useless!