Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Can't they just repost it without a donation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    Honestly, I don't know, chaud and tiny have been butting heads so I don't know if it'll ever see the light of day on curse. Probably will have to make a new home on wowinterface or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    easily be coded
    This hurts me.

Don't worry guys, it was taken down because of the beer button, but you can download it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://solidice.com/oqueue/

Aka, the official website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    This hurts me.
    Indeed, probably not easy, but it will almost certainly be a feature for the new expansion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if Curse junks it, they'll just host it on another site or even on their own site.

OQueue isn't going away, even Blizz says they love the addon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    They probably will just change the donation to a link to their site where you can donate instead.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Even if Curse junks it, they'll just host it on another site or even on their own site.

OQueue isn't going away, even Blizz says they love the addon.

- - - Updated - - -

They probably will just change the donation to a link to their site where you can donate instead.
    That is how the current "donation button" works.

You click the button and it gives you a link to copy and paste which goes to the official site.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Don't worry guys, it was taken down because of the beer button, but you can download it here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(URL removed)

Aka, the official website.
    How long before this post is removed if Curse don't like the author

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronburggundy View Post
    That is how the current "donation button" works.

You click the button and it gives you a link to copy and paste which goes to the official site.
    Huh, well then maybe they'll just change the wording or reduce its size or something.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Huh, well then maybe they'll just change the wording or reduce its size or something.
    Or remove the button completely and keep it to his site only?

Curse literally provides addon authors with a "Donate" link both on the addon page, and in the Curse client. I don't think you can argue Curse is somehow in a conspiracy against addon authors getting donations.

Nor can you say that Blizzard loving the functionality of the addon somehow translates to it not being against policy. Nor can you say Blizzard banned this addon. Curse removed it, because of their perception of its violation of Blizzard's TOS, something they cannot be seen to support.

IDK what the big deal is, remove the button, convince people to click that donate button on the curse website/client. The addon is good enough to get people to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep hearing how he bans those that mess with the community. Well if that's *true* then is he somehow above and exempt from bans if he tries to be rude?
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I keep hearing how he bans those that mess with the community. Well if that's *true* then is he somehow above and exempt from bans if he tries to be rude?
    Honestly I think the talk of the integrated bans being the reason has long died.

It's his donate button, you can't use addons for profit in-game.

It's clearly the donate button. For whatever drama that the author has generated the add on is totally worth it. Blizz needs this as an in game feature, it will breath new life in to the game more so than merging servers ever will.

I downloaded the add on to find a celestials group in order to grab my legendary. On my dead server it would have taken weeks if not longer to get all four.

After I got my cloak and found an Ordos group in minutes I ran fire lands 25, completed the achievements for heroic DS and got that mount, won a roll for the battle bear in the troll 5 man, did the a yogg zero run and capped CP in RBGs.

I'd not had so much fun with this game since wrath.

Sounds like a bunch of whiny little bitches here lol.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-31 at 11:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Exactly. It's a double standard. And yes they can and do give a fuck about things that happen out of game. They have sued many times in the past. But they leave curse alone because curse is in their pocket.
    The difference is Curse is not charging for a specific add-on. They are charging for a premium download option for all addons posted on their website across multiple games. You have all the functionality without paying a dime.

I support Oqueue though. They should just change it say "Donate Beer for website" instead of the addon. As long as they don't require donations to use the add-on they aren't violating the EULA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
    It's clearly the donate button. For whatever drama that the author has generated the add on is totally worth it. Blizz needs this as an in game feature, it will breath new life in to the game more so than merging servers ever will.

I downloaded the add on to find a celestials group in order to grab my legendary. On my dead server it would have taken weeks if not longer to get all four.

After I got my cloak and found an Ordos group in minutes I ran fire lands 25, completed the achievements for heroic DS and got that mount, won a roll for the battle bear in the troll 5 man, did the a yogg zero run and capped CP in RBGs.

I'd not had so much fun with this game since wrath.
    If Blizzard integrates this then they will also be responsible for managing it. They will have to resolve all the crying of people getting kicked, banned, etc from the increased matchmaking. It's a slippery slope to go down.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The difference is Curse is not charging for a specific add-on. They are charging for a premium download option for all addons posted on their website across multiple games. You have all the functionality without paying a dime.

I support Oqueue though. They should just change it say "Donate Beer for website" instead of the addon. As long as they don't require donations to use the add-on they aren't violating the EULA.

- - - Updated - - -

If Blizzard integrates this then they will also be responsible for managing it. They will have to resolve all the crying of people getting kicked, banned, etc from the increased matchmaking. It's a slippery slope to go down.
    That won't be enough. They cannot ask for ANY donation on the add-on. Any requests need to be kept out of the game.

The addon is rly good, but way to many rusaian's on it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    It's a hilarious double standard.

Curse charges money for a premium membership for installing addons. Also, they plaster advertisements all over their network. Basically, they are profiting off of addons (and games) they didn't create.

Yet, an addon isn't allowed to ask for money?

Stupid as fuck. I'm glad Tiny (oqueue creator) isn't backing down to this corporate faggotry. I'll be giving him beer money all day.

You can not ask for donations in game. Curse does not ask for them in game

Deleted
    Well all he has to do is remove the word "donation" from oQ and put a link to his website with the donation there. I believe there are quite a few addons that are donation-ware (carbonite? I don't remember).
    From what I read in the thread on the official forum, oQ is actually costing the author money because he has to run a few wow accounts to keep the mesh and the scorekeepers up 24/7 in all regions (and of course the PCs and higher electricity bills, etc... ) so it's only fair that he put up an >optionnal< donation system, the addon being free.

Personnaly I probably would'nt play wow anymore without oQ. I'm on a now dead server with irl friends and oQ is the only way to do flex, RBG, worldbosses consistently every day/week.