Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    This is definitely NOT going to happen. If it does, it will piss of everyone who spent good money on armor on the BMAH. And furthermore it will completely negate the purpose of transmogrification, which is to have your own unique look.
    I believe that you would still have to acquire the item first and what exactly do you mean by "my own unique look" starting to sound an awful lot like an "elitistNoLifer" :P

Quote Originally Posted by Existenz99 View Post
    That's what we need... some little "snippet" from Blizzard that we can speculate on Wasn't there something with Cataclysm and the outline of a dragon as well?
    If you really wanted to put on a tinfoil hat, you could say that the Garrosh picture used on the Blizzcon site's background heavily resembles the banner of the Warsong clan, which Grom was chieftain of, of course.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something i don't see people commenting on... How exactly could Transmog work if you no longer own the item? have a drop down list of every singe chest piece you have ever picked up since level 1? I don't see it

Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    Something i don't see people commenting on... How exactly could Transmog work if you no longer own the item? have a drop down list of every singe chest piece you have ever picked up since level 1? I don't see it
    However it works for D3 I guess. I think it stores the appearance id and not the item id.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe something like the MogIt addon?

Why not? That kind of list already exists, it's why you're able to recover items.
    One of the biggest problems with transmog right now is that it consumes an absurd amount of storage space, even with transmog from bank and void storage.

Deleted
    I doubt that this is real, also if some GM's DID blab about this and it was true then well done OP. You've probably gotten them fired or given a massive bollocking by their managers for breaking the NDA by putting their names up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something i don't see people commenting on... How exactly could Transmog work if you no longer ow the item? have a drop down list of every singe chest piece you have ever picked up since level 1? I don't see it
    Really I think it would end up being "everything currently in your inventory and items you obtain in the future that are equippable by your class". Because they don't have 8+ years of logs to see everything I have looted since the game opened day 1, nor would they need to keep track of plate chest pieces looted by my leather wearer, since I can't use plate for transmog.

From that perspective, it just becomes a list of item IDs attached to your character, starting with your current possessions and growing as you add more, but never shrinking even if you DE/Sell/Destroy an item. From a data storage perspective this seems less expensive than actually adding more full-fledged player access storage (bigger bank, etc.).

If I could just have all my transmog gear stored as an item list, my inventory problems would disappear, because I could use my bank/void for just the novelty stuff I can't seem to part with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    I doubt that this is real, also if some GM's DID blab about this and it was true then well done OP. You've probably gotten them fired or given a massive bollocking by their managers for breaking the NDA by putting their names up.
    Hoping you're right, about the Grom Hellscream part. I am tired of orcs being the dominant storyline in WoW. Thrall and Garrosh are enough for awhile. I guess I could see them making a Caverns of Time instance where you go back and participate in fighting around that time, to say stop the Infinte Dragonflight from changing it so Grom survives or whatever whatever. But for the love of all, a timetravel expansion where we change everything? No freaking thank you. And no more laser focus on orcs.

I do hope the transmog bit is correct, but since a similar system is in for Diablo it doesn't seem like a stretch to say they could do the same in WoW. And since it's in for Diablo it's one of those things that is easy to say "this will happen in WoW" and sound like you know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I just realised. With the new 'Bernard' and Corgi pets, Blizzard are putting more emphasis on dogs... The next expansion must therefore be RISE OF THE DOGS. New class will be Shepherd that has a unique and special pet interface to control their sheep dog through a set of whistled commands :O

Boub's constant hints with the Corgi stampede just seal it.
    I would call it either "Release the Dogs!" or "Release the Hounds!"

10+ Year Old Account
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    I'm of the opinion that most "leaks" are intentional, anyway. They are good publicity, and work to hype people up prior to an official announcement. I really do not think anyone would get fired over this.

Also, Snuglz -

How many times do you have to post in this thread only saying, "It's fake lol"? I understand that you don't believe this could possibly be true, and I can see why, but if you don't have anything new to add to the discussion why do you keep contributing?

And finally, Hitei -

That's really interesting about the banner! Good catch! If any of this does turn out to be true, you deserve a high five.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why not? That kind of list already exists, it's why you're able to recover items.
    One of the biggest problems with transmog right now is that it consumes an absurd amount of storage space, even with transmog from bank and void storage.
    The answer to this is not, however, to let people transmog to any item in the game, via a database.
    One of the core gameplay elements of WoW is getting item upgrades, both to enhance your character's power and it's look. Getting an upgrade should feel rewarding both in feel and style. This has often been stated to be one of the core philosophies of WoW by the devs themselves.

Allowing people to make their gear look like any other transmogrifiable item in the game would directly contradict this philosophy, and eliminate a large part of PVE and PVP gameplay motivation.

I can see them taking the Diablo route however, where once you've looted an item you can add it to a "database" to use for transmog while not having to physically store it anymore. This is probably where OP ripped off the idea and then poorly expressed it on purpose to make people speculate and fill in gaps with their own wishful thinking.

Again, good troll.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Allowing people to make their gear look like any other transmogrifiable item in the game would directly contradict this philosophy, and eliminate a large part of PVE and PVP gameplay motivation.
    Where does it say that you can transmog anything at all? I think you're filling in some gaps, yourself. The actual quote from OP is -
    "soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance."

All this says to me is that once you have an item, you own the appearance and can then get rid of the physical item. It doesn't say anything about removing type-based transmog restrictions.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

http://i.imgur.com/zNJseqK.png

I miss The Dark Below already.

10+ Year Old Account

My guess is that you give your item to the Transmogrifier and he disenchants it forever and ever. but after that, he keeps the pattern of the armor in a menu that you can use.

so over time you need to collect items, and destroy them, to build up a personal library of patterns.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

The answer to this is not, however, to let people transmog to any item in the game, via a database.
    One of the core gameplay elements of WoW is getting item upgrades, both to enhance your character's power and it's look. Getting an upgrade should feel rewarding both in feel and style. This has often been stated to be one of the core philosophies of WoW by the devs themselves.

I can see them taking the Diablo route however, where once you've looted an item you can add it to a "database" to use for transmog while not having to physically store it anymore. This is probably where OP ripped off the idea and then poorly expressed it on purpose to make people speculate and fill in gaps with their own wishful thinking.

Again, good troll.
    Perhaps you misread.

Reforging is changing, soon you will no longer need to keep hold of an item to "own" the transmogrification appearance.
    I.e. You still have to have gained the item, you just no longer have to hold on to it, you can safely dispose of it and still use the appearance later.

It's not poorly expressed at all, it's quite clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I would call it either "Release the Dogs!" or "Release the Hounds!"
    World of Warcraft: Who Let the Dogs Out!?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the next xpac will be: World of Warcraft: Hello Kittys Adventures.

Again, good troll.
    You hope...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Perhaps you misread.

I.e. You still have to have gained the item, you just no longer have to hold on to it, you can safely dispose of it and still use the appearance later.

It's not poorly expressed at all, it's quite clear.
    I stand corrected, and so it is.
    It's pretty much the exact RoS xmog system. Very likely this will be introduced in WoW since void storage is not working properly or satisfactorily.

Again, nothing that people can't just logically piece together themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    You hope...
    I know =)
    This isn't real.