Page 40 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I know =)
    This isn't real.
    So what do you think IS the next theme/plot?

Deleted
    Although I will say one thing..if this is going to happen, I say bring it on It could be verrrrrrrrry intersting, Time travel if done right is superb and whilst blizz's writers aint the best if they tread carefully and set it in the right time period just think of the possibilities.

But where would you start with Grom? And how? That's the part I can't figure out. And then of course, paradoxes, paradoxes EVERYWHERE, thankfully we've got the bronze dragon flight to stop that from happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    So what do you think IS the next theme/plot?
    I don't know, and how could I?
    I just think this specific suggestion is complete nonsense. Grom will have nothing to do with it, nor will we go to Draenor.

I'm dreading that there will be time travel involved, sadly. But not like this, it would be utter stupidity. To put it in terms someone used on the official forums, it's "pants-on-head stupid".

It could be anything from Azshara/N'zoth, to full fledged Legion invasion, to visiting another planet like Argus, to much of the Emerald Dream/Rift of Aln, probably some of these elements plus some time travel instances.

I just don't believe we will get a full time travel theme for an expac, it's utter lore suicide.

I'll reiterate: if they made an expansion where we actually spend the entire time in an alternate timeline or travel back in time, one of three things happens:

a) it completely resets all of WoW and utterly invalidates everything we've been playing for 10 years

b) everything we do has no meaning for the ongoing plot since we're "fixing" things again

c) everything we do retcons and changes certain lore aspects going forward, because that's the only way writers were able to save themselves

Time travel is fine when done in small doses that doesn't raise too many logical questions. When done like this, it's utter nonsense.
    Let's assume for example that Garrosh goes back in time to help his father. So he escapes his prison somehow before, right? As someone stated before, why not simply go back in time to add more guards / kill Garrosh / send in prostitutes to keep him occupied, ANYTHING instead of actually traveling back in time to DRAENOR, to play through an entire story THERE, that could have been fixed with one simple action years later in the timeline.

It all falls apart immediately under scrutiny, and while the WoW writers aren't brilliant or amazingly original, they'Re not that stupid.
    Last edited by miffy23; 2013-11-01 at 02:20 PM.

Grom as the antagonist? What's next we hunt down Garrosh' mother, lost sister and half breed mystery child? "Head Explodes"

Deleted
    I don't know, and how could I?
    I just think this specific suggestion is complete nonsense. Grom will have nothing to do with it, nor will we go to Draenor.

I'm dreading that there will be time travel involved, sadly. But not like this, it would be utter stupidity. To put it in terms someone used on the official forums, it's "pants-on-head stupid".

It could be anything from Azshara/N'zoth, to full fledged Legion invasion, to visiting another planet like Argus, to much of the Emerald Dream/Rift of Aln, probably some of these elements plus some time travel instances.

I just don't believe we will get a full time travel theme for an expac, it's utter lore suicide.
    How's it suicide? We don't know the factors if this is a thing. Its a bit too early to start throwing hands up and whailing OMGF WURST IDEA EVAH! which will happen no matter WHAT expansion comes out. Hell we could get the game introduced by major religious figures, the real ones, in a show of unity as well as having it endorsed by both US politicial parties and the EU as being 'for the benifit of mankind' and it be so good that it lives up to its hype. But here. On the MMO champ forum.

WTFHFAHAH!!GASFG AFAFA FURRMRR! WURST EXPANSIUN, END OF WOEW! etc etc etc. No matter WHAT, someone will bitch, moan and howl. And then the chorus of howling gibbons will fire up about the usual doom and gloom bullcrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I think the next xpac will be: World of Warcraft: Hello Kittys Adventures.
    World of Warcraft: Mr. Bigglesworth's Revenge.

Everything is better with time travel.

If this is genuine, it is an excuse to re-visit the best expansion ever - TBC. I am game for that.
    If this is a hoax, then file it under "at least it was an interesting idea". Given a total lack of any news whatsoever at this very very late point in time, I'll take what speculation I can get.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Has nothing to do with TBC, it wouldn't even be Outlands it would be Draenor

Let's assume for example that Garrosh goes back in time to help his father. So he escapes his prison somehow before, right? As someone stated before, why not simply go back in time to add more guards / kill Garrosh / send in prostitutes to keep him occupied, ANYTHING instead of actually traveling back in time to DRAENOR, to play through an entire story THERE, that could have been fixed with one simple action years later in the timeline.
    You're right about there always being ways to out-think time travel. Here's a scenario, though -

What if being flung back in time isn't a choice? What if we had no motivation or intention to travel back in time, but some sort of catalyst made it happen?
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renx View Post
    Grom as the antagonist? What's next we hunt down Garrosh' mother, lost sister and half breed mystery child? "Head Explodes"
    I don't see it either, for the simple fact that we just got finished with an expansion that ended up with Horde having to take out their own Warchief, and watch Alliance do the same. Both sides have a bitter taste about the overall experience, whether it's Horde not liking Alliance steamrolling through their capital, or Alliance feeling like they are just going along for the ride on a Horde-centric quest (particularly during 5.3), because if they didn't they wouldn't have shit to do.

So, the next expansion is going to be... centered around Grom, yet another Horde hero? And he's a bad guy now, even to the Horde? So what, they have to go in and kill one of their own and Alliance is along for the ride again?

Yeah, I don't see them doing a repeat of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Has nothing to do with TBC, it wouldn't even be Outlands it would be Draenor
    Not sure if serious or not, but either way, I could see this being the next trade chat version of "Why is he called Invincible if I can see him?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I don't see it either, for the simple fact that we just got finish with an expansion that ended up with Horde having to take out their own Warchief, and watch Alliance do the same. Both sides have a bitter taste about the overall experience, whether it's Horde not liking Alliance steamrolling through their capital, or Alliance feeling like they are just going along for the ride on a Horde-centric quest (particularly during 5.3), because if they didn't they wouldn't have shit to do.

So, the next expansion is going to be... centered around Grom, yet another Horde hero? And he's a bad guy now, even to the Horde? So what, they have to go in and kill one of their own and Alliance is along for the ride again?

Yeah, I don't see them doing a repeat of that.
    I hope you are right. Tired, tired tired of orc leaders, for 2 expansions now it's been all they could talk about. For whatever misguided reason, Blizzard thought it was more important to show Thrall and Aggra making babies than it was to show other huge storylines like the events of the Stormrage novel in game.

All I can say is... if they do Grom, and as you aptly put it "(horde) have to go in and kill one of their own and Alliance is along for the ride again", they shouldn't expect subs to rise. I seriously cannot fathom how they would think that mirroring the current xpac's storyline in such a way would be a good thing.

OP said that Grom is the antagonist, but everyone is assuming that Grom will be the final boss of the expansion and that we'll have to kill him. Maybe we'll never fight him, and he is simply in the way of another objective that we're trying to accomplish.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

If this is legit, i'm not putting a ton of weight on the Grom thing. To me it's the equivalent of saying: "Chen Stormstout will be a key figure in Pandaria."

It's kind of given that we would run into pandas, but they really weren't the main focus of the xpac. IF we go to Draenor (in the past) of course we will run into Grom. Blizz won't feature an Orc as the primary focus again, they might just kick it off with an Orc. Obviously, a new plot would develop.

This is how I feel about every new "leak" or speculation popping up: "At least its not Pandas" lol =[

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23
    You're appearently (like most people here) get wrong the whole concept of time travel. Let me explain it to you.

1) Garrosh is defeated in SoO and gets imprisoned.
    2) Garrosh escapes from prison and somehow gains control over time-travel.
    3) Garrosh travels to past, changing it and therefore completely changing the present.
    (At this moment, we assume that our characters are not influenced by changing timelines cause we were locked on Timeless Isle )
    4) Therefore, we "wake up" in completely changed world, yet as we remained unaffected we know "something bad" has happened (in opposition to other inhabitants on Azeroth, who think everything is normal).
    5) We discover that Garrosh escaped and changed the timelines.
    Now, you propose that we go back in time and prevent Garrosh from escaping. So... let's assume we try to travel 10 days back to put addtional guards over Garrosh's prison...
    6) And guess what? There is no prison! There is no Garrosh at all! By changing timelines, Garrosh also changed his own fate, never becoming the Warchief or maybe even never coming to Azeroth! You CANT prevent Garrosh from escaping, because in your current, CHANGED timeline he DOESNT EXIST! And thats what makes this concept so great.

At this moment I completel negate the occurence of time paradoxes. You might ask - if Garrosh doesnt exist, how did he travel to the past? Well, I wil try to explain again. When Garrosh stepped back in time, the timeline in which he became Warchief ceased to exist THE MOMENT he left, cause THE MOMENT he left was the moment when he stopped being part of the present and started to be part of the past. The present got destroyed, cause decisions that created it never happened. However, Garrosh was not destroyed, as he already wasn't a part of it.

However, there is hope. Both the old and the new timelines have the point in which they divided. That, of course, is the moment of Garrosh's arrival in the past. Everything that happened BEFORE Garrosh's arrival was not changed at all. So, our only hope is, for example, to travel to the moment just before he arrived and try to capture him just as he arrives, or some time later to try to undo the changes he did to the history.

Summarizing, we CANT go back in time and try to prevent his escape or try to kill him in SoO instead of imprisoning or try to stop Thrall from making him Warchief etc., as with the change of timelines these events are NO LONGER a part of the reality! They never happened!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    OP said that Grom is the antagonist, but everyone is assuming that Grom will be the final boss of the expansion and that we'll have to kill him. Maybe we'll never fight him, and he is simply in the way of another objective that we're trying to accomplish.
    Grom flat out has no reason to be in the game. It just doesn't sense. To swing him into it would be akward. If Garrosh is going to have his redemption story like his father which I think is probably going to happen then maybe his name will be mentioned or reflected on but not a expansion where is he is the main antagonist.. Does'nt make sense and Blizzard honestly is not that dumb. How many people on this thread of said omg I LOVE this IDEA. Time-travel to kill grom.. I ALWAYS WANTED TO KILL GROM... I just do not see it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    You're appearently (like most people here) get wrong the whole concept of time travel. Let me explain it to you.

1) Garrosh is defeated in SoO and gets imprisoned.
    2) Garrosh escapes from prison and somehow gains control over time-travel.
    3) Garrosh travels to past, changing it and therefore completely changing the present.
    (At this moment, we assume that our characters are not influenced by changing timelines cause we were locked on Timeless Isle )
    4) Therefore, we "wake up" in completely changed world, yet as we remained unaffected we know "something bad" has happened (in opposition to other inhabitants on Azeroth, who think everything is normal).
    5) We discover that Garrosh escaped and changed the timelines.
    Now, you propose that we go back in time and prevent Garrosh from escaping. So... let's assume we try to travel 10 days back to put addtional guards over Garrosh's prison...
    6) And guess what? There is no prison! There is no Garrosh at all! By changing timelines, Garrosh also changed his own fate, never becoming the Warchief or maybe even never coming to Azeroth! You CANT prevent Garrosh from escaping, because in your current, CHANGED timeline he DOESNT EXIST! And thats what makes this concept so great.

At this moment I completel negate the occurence of time paradoxes. You might ask - if Garrosh doesnt exist, how did he travel to the past? Well, I wil try to explain again. When Garrosh stepped back in time, the timeline in which he became Warchief ceased to exist THE MOMENT he left, cause THE MOMENT he left was the moment when he stopped being part of the present and started to be part of the past. The present got destroyed, cause decisions that created it never happened. However, Garrosh was not destroyed, as he already wasn't a part of it.

However, there is hope. Both the old and the new timelines have the point in which they divided. That, of course, is the moment of Garrosh's arrival in the past. Everything that happened BEFORE Garrosh's arrival was not changed at all. So, our only hope is, for example, to travel to the moment just before he arrived and try to capture him just as he arrives, or some time later to try to undo the changes he did to the history.

Summarizing, we CANT go back in time and try to prevent his escape or try to kill him in SoO instead of imprisoning or try to stop Thrall from making him Warchief etc., as with the change of timelines these events are NO LONGER a part of the reality! They never happened!
    Thats interesting and everything and I actually agree with that being how time travel might work but there is a major problem. We are not having another expansion on Garrosh.. Period. It will not happen no matter how you spin it.
    Last edited by Snuglz; 2013-11-01 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    two words: Undead Grom

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

I would love to be able to delete all the gear in my bank. Let the transmog idea be real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuglz View Post
    Grom flat out has no reason to be in the game. It just doesn't sense. To swing him into it would be akward. If Garrosh is going to have his redemption story like his father which I think is probably going to happen then maybe his name will be mentioned or reflected on but not a expansion where is he is the main antagonist.. Does'nt make sense and Blizzard honestly is not that dumb. How many people on this thread of said omg I LOVE this IDEA. Time-travel to kill grom.. I ALWAYS WANTED TO KILL GROM... I just do not see it
    Only problem is - and by saying this I give absolutely no credence to the original post of this thread - we all said "Blizzard is not that dumb" when Pandaland was leaked too. ;/

Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Although this is most likely fake as with all the other threads, you did get me wishing for the transmog thing you mentioned.
    Without being malicious, but do you just want blizzard to spoon feed you gear for raiding or pvp along with introducing a system like that