Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Canada updates it's database just after midnight wednesday mornings. So you won't find it there if it was filed November 1st.

So if it was filed today, it won't be on there yet.

So there you go.

Anything filed after breakfast on November 1st won't show up on US, Canada, or EU searches.
    Fair! We'll see soon, then, I guess..

As for people complaining about rehashes - like every expansion, I just gotta say to wait til they show us what they have planned before whining about it. For all we know, this could be all fake, just like the Dark Below, Rise of the Legion, Infinite, Corgis Unleashed, or whatever else crappy leaks have been posted here in the last little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Nowhere did the first post say anything about going to Draenor. It did mention time travel however.
    No where did it say we were going to be time traveling.

You can fixate on whatever you want to, the point is we don't know enough to (accurately) judge this concept. I don't get why everyone is freaking out and threatening to quit (we know they wont of course), it's madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    If this is so, it's amazingly shallow.
    They do it so as to be unencumbered by real decisions: how to truly advance the game and provide new story lines etc. Instead, they turn to this cheap model that provides qualified excuses to reuse content.
    a pretty large chunk of the playerbase was unhappy with the totally all new lore they made up for mop, makes sense they are going to go back to familiar storylines this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is real, I'm not sure I really dig the theme. Oh well, Pandaria ended up being amazing, so I hope Blizz can do it great.

This is how blizzard ups their Blizzcon stream purchases.

Send in a random poster to get everyone all riled up on possible leaked information regarding the expansion ----> More people buy the stream. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post

Send in a random poster to get everyone all riled up on possible leaked information regarding the expansion ----> More people buy the stream. Yay!
    But the opening ceremony, which is when the announcement happens, is streamed free?

Sounds more and more real to me by the minute...

How did Blizzard get around this supposed legal problem with the name "Grom" before then? Or when did this become a problem? Because he's referred to as Grom almost always in lore as well as in-game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    No where did it say we were going to be time traveling.
    No, it certainly didn't. It said it would involve time travel and have Grom as the antagonist. That means something from the past. Whether it's coming to us or us going, it would be reusing ideas. It's cheap no matter how you look at it. I personally put no value on this as real, but if it did prove to be real I don't need to know the details. All I have to see are the words 'time travel' and I'm mentally checked out. I'll take all my time travel in Doctor Who and leave it there.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    But the opening ceremony, which is when the announcement happens, is streamed free?
    It's also on every website, but thats not the point. Most people would want to know more than just the name, lol.

It's called hype.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the uproar about time travel. If they can tell more stories and produce more content because they don't have to design so much visual content, then go for it. The idea that reused assets make a bad game makes no sense to me. I don't build a new house every time i have a party but they are all fun just the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Why on earth would Grom be the antagonist?
    Why on earth would there be 'legal issues' forcing them to use his full name?'

wat
    exactly what I was thinking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    while not doubting you, this is the first I've ever heard of this. I always find out about the expansion by the gigantic wall of text on MMO-C news page after it starts.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    How did Blizzard get around this supposed legal problem with the name "Grom" before then? Or when did this become a problem? Because he's referred to as Grom almost always in lore as well as in-game.
    I'll just assume that if they're going to turn the spolight on him now they want to avoid any problems. Before this, Grom was a minor character in WoW, not worthy of legal note, and during Warcraft RTS era the things that could go against Blizzard, like Honda Grom, didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post

I think you overestimate the impatience of people. The transcript is literally 15 minutes later available.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijoemomma View Post
    I don't understand the uproar about time travel. If they can tell more stories and produce more content because they don't have to design so much visual content, then go for it. The idea that reused assets make a bad game makes no sense to me. I don't build a new house every time i have a party but they are all fun just the same.
    Please stop making excuses for lazy development. Also, that analogy is horrible.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    while not doubting you, this is the first I've ever heard of this. I always find out about the expansion by the gigantic wall of text on MMO-C news page after it starts.
    http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/virtual-ticket/faq

Limited high-definition coverage of the opening ceremony and BlizzCon eSports tournaments will be available online for free, featuring the Grand Finals of the 2013 StarCraft® II World Championship Series and the World of Warcraft® Arena Global Invitational. Keep an eye on www.blizzcon.com for more information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geheimnis View Post
    • This expansion will see the heavy use of time travel.
    It's very likely that this part is true considering they've added some new dragons to the caverns of time in Tanaris I believe.

(They added a bronze dragon in 5.4 I think, not sure what patch. Why would they do it just like that otherwise?)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Chinese "leak" that sparked a shitstorm a few weeks ago also point to Draenor, using a random mathematical sequence to spell out the letters. All signs on that leak show "Grom" "Father and Son" "Time Travel" "Garad"

Uh oh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I highly doubt developers really put much thought into how a title abbreviates.

If it is WoD and people like WoD they'll probably call it whatever they think sounds cool, like Warlords.

If people don't like WoD they'll probably call it whatever they think sounds dumb, like Wad.

so true! 10*

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!