Page 88 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    Nice find!

Here's another possibility that other people have brought up: If we are traveling through space on the Exodar, we are technically travelling on a ship from Draenor. What if, for example, we were going to wage war on Argus? We would be the Warlords of Draenor. We wouldn't even have to go to Draenor.

Chew on that for a bit. Haha.
    The Spacesuit image is pretty blatant and the Exodar is the only space ship in the game right?

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    The Spacesuit image is pretty blatant and the Exodar is the only space ship in the game right?
    The only one we'd have access to, I'd think.
    Jazzhands <Sacred Samophlange>, 6/14H, US-Skywall
    "Query? What do you think I'm here for, tea and biscuits? Spill the beans already!"

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    Well, all of Tempest Keep is a space ship. Exodar was a part of Tempest Keep, and Velen Hijacked the exodar along with his followers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think people are readying way too much into all this space suit stuff. It is def interestign though. Btw I am going to die laughing if we get some sort of other "leak" about the next expansion that sends this whole discussion to something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Well, all of Tempest Keep is a space ship. Exodar was a part of Tempest Keep, and Velen Hijacked the exodar along with his followers.
    Everyone is STILL hung up on "Space" Ship.... Note... CROSS-DIMENSIONAL ship...

I'm going to go too deep here... but... Theoretical Physicists/Quantum Physicists believe that our megaverse is made of up to 12 spacial dimensions, maybe more. Our brane (Universe) with in the Megaverse exists as a 3 dimensional brane. Time may or MAY not be a physical dimension mostly because of Time is relative to location, observer, velocity, and gravity.
    Quantum Superposition... hmm... so an electron can act as both a wave and particle, unobserved. Once observed the "wavefunction collapses" to one. Not going to go in depth into all this but this theory leads into the idea of Schrödinger's cat. The cat existing both alive and dead until being observed. The theory lends to the idea of multiple realities and alternate universes. Whenever there is a moment of chance or decision, all possible outcomes co-exist until one is chosen then the others collapse together. The thought is that sometimes it is possible that one doesn't collapse and continues parallel to us with in a newly formed bane.

Long story short... sorry

You all are hung up on Space travel even after I pointed out the "Cross-Dimensional" ..

Stop and think now.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post

I'm going to go too deep here... but... Theoretical Physicists/Quantum Physicists believe that our megaverse is made of up to 12 spacial dimensions, maybe more. Our brane (Universe) with in the Megaverse exists as a 3 dimensional brane. Time may or MAY not be a physical dimension mostly because of Time is relative to location, observer, velocity, and gravity.
    Quantum Superposition... hmm... so an electron can act as both a wave and particle, unobserved. Once observed the "wavefunction collapses" to one. Not going to go in depth into all this but this theory leads into the idea of Schrödinger's cat. The cat existing both alive and dead until being observed. The theory lends to the idea of multiple realities and alternate universes. Whenever there is a moment of chance or decision, all possible outcomes co-exist until one is chosen then the others collapse together. The thought is that sometimes it is possible that one doesn't collapse and continues parallel to us with in a newly formed bane.

You all are hung up on Space travel even after I pointed out the "Cross-Dimensional" ..

Stop and think now.
    Meh, Star Wars, Star Trek, all the same thing.

Stop and think now.
    Cross dimensional travel is a form of space travel in which one is able to travel at will across the 10th dimension, as proposed by "M-theory" which serves as a thin veil between alternate universes. This veil is merely a spatial expanse. Thus travelling across it would just be travelling through space in a different direction that hasn't yet been named.

EDIT: Also, my space goat shaman fires lightning from his fingers, and can spray magical healing water at people. Science has no place in the WoW universe.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2013-11-05 at 04:53 PM.

All I know is if we're doing Cross-Dimensional stuff, I totally want some Fringe Easter eggs in there.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chudah View Post
    All I know is if we're doing Cross-Dimensional stuff, I totally want some Fringe Easter eggs in there.
    Olivia Hundam (intentionally wrong) a new quest NPC that you do secret missions for. Who has another self in the new world? A goblin and gnome engineer coalition called Superlarge Dynamic? I could get down with those Easter eggs.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Cross dimensional travel is a form of space travel in which one is able to travel at will across the 10th dimension, as proposed by "M-theory" which serves as a thin veil between alternate universes. This veil is merely a spatial expanse. Thus travelling across it would just be travelling through space in a different direction that hasn't yet been named.

EDIT: Also, my space goat shaman fires lightning from his fingers, and can spray magical healing water at people. Science has no place in the WoW universe.
    My point is being that Space travel as WE know it is with in our 3 dimensional space. Calling something a cross-dimensional ship implies that is moves beyond that, possibly between branes or realities. I'm suggesting a parallel/alternate universe situation maybe.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

My point is being that Space travel as WE know it is with in our 3 dimensional space. Calling something a cross-dimensional ship implies that is moves beyond that, possibly between branes or realities. I'm suggesting a parallel/alternate universe situation maybe.
    Maybe one in which Draenor was not destroyed? I still think time travel is going to figure prominently in the expansion, though. At least this is sounding like we're getting some draenei lore, which is something.

2D dungeons confirmed.

^Either way, all this talk of packing everybody into the Exodar and flying to Argus to pwn some legion noobs sounds way too awesome to be real.

Metzen is sitting there reading this thread right now thinking "Oh crap, they've managed to connect it to the legion, and now they expect the legion, and all we did was make a stormwind version of SoO and resurrect deathwing. Quick, go troll the forums about it to lower their expectations"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceJazzhands View Post
    Nice find!

Here's another possibility that other people have brought up: If we are traveling through space on the Exodar, we are technically travelling on a ship from Draenor. What if, for example, we were going to wage war on Argus? We would be the Warlords of Draenor. We wouldn't even have to go to Draenor.

Chew on that for a bit. Haha.
    You just somewhat blow my mind.

BLIZZCOM, GET HERE FAST!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post

BLIZZCOM, GET HERE FAST!!!
    Like I keep saying, following that train of thought is just setting yourself up for major major major disappointment.

My strategy is the best, be crabby and pessimistic, and then they couldn't possibly go lower than your expectations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    You should probably look up what the current accepted connotation of warlord is before you think that idea has any relevance. Heroes traveling to defeat an evil army would not be considered warlords. They would be the exact opposite. We would be going against warlords.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    You should probably look up what the current accepted connotation of warlord is before you think that idea has any relevance. Heroes traveling to defeat an evil army would not be considered warlords. They would be the exact opposite. We would be going against warlords.
    not if the heroes travel with an army under their command.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think they could revamp present-day Outland without much fallout. Characters don't spend much time leveling there. Due to the instability of the environment it could change drastically without it being a problem.

More than a Cataclysm style change, just a complete rehaul and update. New zones can work in a sense.

Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    Somehow, I doubt Blizzard would be that creative with their game title, not to mention the meaning isn't immediately clear. Besides, if we're going to Argus and fighting the Burning Legion head on, Blizzard would damn well be sure to put something about that in the game title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    Thus why I specifically mentioned the current accepted connotation, which is overwhelmingly negative. Fantasy work operates on pretty even keeled stereotypes. We will not be warmongers out with a militia to overthrow good people. It would be ridiculous to even think that is why they would name if 'Warlords'.
    BAD WOLF