Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kill shot: the weakest execute in the game

I have held my tongue for awhile now about how weak Kill shot is compared to other classes executes. Last night on my 568 hunter i was seeing 113k non crits. And the crits are usually only 300-400k. For the abilities available use time I think that should be hitting much harder. Our ret's hammers are hitting for 800K+, same with SWP and shadoburn. It's an execute, it should do nothing but crit, and crit hard.

Deleted
    I agree, just nerf overall damage of hunters and buff kill shot.

It is free tho..
    i guess thats why its the "weakest" one
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I regret typing this as i know someone will take it wrong but, Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm. Really hunters don't need a strong execute on top of strong damage and strong defense and a strong pet

10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes and MANY specs don't even have an execute.

Be glad you have an execute. Also, where are you getting Paladin hammer's hit for 800k? I don't think I've ever seen it hit that high even with cooldowns going and that's at a 540 ilvl.

Checked WoL and most I saw on several were 300k. Exaggerating numbers doesn't help the case of wanting a spell stronger. If you want execute stronger what damage are you willing to lose in other spells to make up for it?
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-10-31 at 10:22 AM.

Do you really want it to be stronger? if you have a strong execute it means you are going to be balanced around having a strong execute. So then say goodbye to your damage on any fight with a gimped execute (Amber Shaper says hi)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Be glad you have an execute. Also, where are you getting Paladin hammer's hit for 800k? I don't think I've ever seen it hit that high even with cooldowns going and that's at a 540 ilvl.

Checked WoL and most I saw on several were 300k. Exaggerating numbers doesn't help the case of wanting a spell stronger. If you want execute stronger what damage are you willing to lose in other spells to make up for it?
    Not exaggerating numbers. I cant find in the WOL report where it says highest crit. It was more on the lines of me being told that by our ret in mumble during raid. Next raid night ill get a SS of my recount where i know I can find crit values.

And to answer someone earlier I"m referring to people equally geared.

AVG execute damage on our most recent H jugg kill.
    S Priest-403k
    Warlock-1.1Mil
    Warrior-753k
    Paladin-363k
    Hunter -311K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Do you really want it to be stronger? if you have a strong execute it means you are going to be balanced around having a strong execute. So then say goodbye to your damage on any fight with a gimped execute (Amber Shaper says hi)

This.. was not fun as a warrior, it doesn't feel as bad anymore now but yeah you don't want that.

Deleted
    We are tuned just fine this tier and don't need stronger execute. Also bear in mind we can do KS twice in a row at no cost. Many classes you mentioned can't do that

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm.
    my new signature, oh god why do i laugh so hard
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    it should be buffed, maybe a 10%, or just reduce the cd to 7 secs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quick check of WoL rankings shows Hunters hitting 190k critting 320k Kill shots, ish

Priest: 190k hit, 410k crit

Warrior: 270k hit 520k crit

Warlock: 410k 920k (requires 10 burning embers? not sure much on warlocks, but hell, any resource use is more than killshot)

Paladin: 150k hit 250-390k crit (big variance in crit amongst the highest ranked)

So a resource free execute you can use twice compared to resource requiring executes most can only use once, seems fair enough to me.
    Last edited by Rixis; 2013-10-31 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortyz View Post
    Not exaggerating numbers. I cant find in the WOL report where it says highest crit. It was more on the lines of me being told that by our ret in mumble during raid. Next raid night ill get a SS of my recount where i know I can find crit values.

And to answer someone earlier I"m referring to people equally geared.

AVG execute damage on our most recent H jugg kill.
    S Priest-403k
    Warlock-1.1Mil
    Warrior-753k
    Paladin-363k
    Hunter -311K
    As a Hunter: All executes are not equal.

Every other execute is constrained by one or more resources. Ours is not, simply by the cooldown. Instead of average damage, you should be looking at percent of damage done.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Lets read Kill Shot "If Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec."

Oh look, it can be fired twice.

Also it has no cost.

It has a 45 yard range.

Also look at the rest of the damage hunters have.

Let me guess, you're top of dps meters until execute range then other classes pass you, and it's hurting your ego?

Kill Shot is fine how it is, and yes I do play a hunter.

As others said: it is free thus it is the "weakest".
    BUT the thing you don't mention for the sake of " buff plz" is that Kill Shots CD resets if it fails to kill your target, and it has a 8 sec CD after that, so that 311k is technically 622k, which is on par with almost all of the executes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor4life View Post
    This.. was not fun as a warrior, it doesn't feel as bad anymore now but yeah you don't want that.
    Indeed, this. It was hilarious that warriors were at the bottom-middle the whole fight, until the <20% mark when they got the huge bump thanks to execute. I'd rather have a little weaker execute and do sustainable damage the whole fight.

Deleted
    Hmm i just wonder - do u remember that u can cast your execute move twice each 6 seconds with the glyph? Or i have old info already? Hunter execute is in pair with warriors one and paladin one is the baddest but not with a big margings for what i know

Deleted
    I wonder if if people are including mastery damage for ret paladin executes. Easiily adds another 50-80%.

some of us dont even have execute skills, we remain the same from 100% to 0%