HWID changing...

Hey guys,

So I am using a paid program that links to your HWID to avoid multiple people using your account, on different computers that is. It's a similair system as Steam uses, but not the same.

Now I've been blocked twice from it due to HWID changing. Ofcourse, I haven't replaced any hardware or otherwise I wouldn't be here.

So far it has been blocked twice as I said,I figured that:

-I got a BSOD once before it happened.
    -I plugged in my printer a few times.
    -I use a mixtrack pro which I disconteer often. I only connect it when I use it (it's a mixtable) or when I listen to music. As my studio monitors are connected to it.

I have performed a;

-full system repair including WMI repair
    -followed a step by step guide on how to repair WMI including removing the repasitory (spelling). However this messed up more than it fixed so I copied all files back.
    -monitoring a program that shows your HWID, rebooting and seeing if it changed. Both with the printer/mixtrack connected and not connected.

Now it's almost impossible to find info on this on google. More people have this issue with said program. One other cause I noticed on the forum was that they got blocked due to graphic drivers having a rollback. After updating them again it was fixed. I tried this and it didn't fix this.

My HWID is always the same, with or without the printer/mixtrack.

How do I solve this? It's a pain in the ass, I really start disliking this WMI stuff. What can have caused it?
    If I can't solve it, how can I prove to the author of the program that I am -NOT- using this program on any PC but my own?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by aevitas; 2013-10-31 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Hey guys,

So I am using a paid program that links to your HWID to avoid multiple people using your account, on different computers that is.
    for what purpose? AD? windows live?

security is a balance between hardening and usability, too much hardening causes usability problems like this, honestly i would just uninstall that program and use standard account security

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    for what purpose? AD? windows live?

security is a balance between hardening and usability, too much hardening causes usability problems like this, honestly i would just uninstall that program and use standard account security

No it's not for AD or windows live. It's a program I use to play a 2d game, to easely access spells and heal myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone has any idea how I can solve this?

What program is it?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

XenoBot. I use it for healing on a Tibia Open Server I play.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, if i understand this, you're using a HWID lock to prevent your account from being accessed because you are using a hack program in an mmo?

No.

The program author put the HWID lock on said program, so I can't share it with my friends so they can use it for free. He made it so my account is tied to my PC ID, however this SOMEHOW keeps changing preventing me from using it.

It indeed is a "hack" program, however on the open tibia server (it's like a private server in WoW, created by players) this program is allowed. Because it's so fast paced your hands would fall off after a day of playing.

I don't play the 'real' game anymore for years. It mostly just is used as a support tool in the server I play on.

Deleted
    Well you'd really have to ask the guy who designed the protection since HWID is not a well defined term.
    It's an ID *somehow* calculated based on the hardware components in your system - the details depend on the program doing the calculation, i.e. the HWID Microsoft is using is most likely calculated differently from Steams and both are different from anybody else's.

So unless someone knows how XenoBot calculates its HWID there's not much to tell you other than asking the guy who sold you the program.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if i understand right this program is locked on your computer IP. But to cause so much problems....i would realy ask a autor of if what is going on with it.
    It could be realy buggy and every posible change on your computer will get to a lockdown.
    Think of it like on a computer at job where the administrator wont allow you to instal anything.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Yeah, guess ill have to do that. The admin told me if it would change again we would go to the bottom of this.

Thanks for the help regardless!