15+ Year Old Account

[Music] Your best music memory

I apologize in advance if there's a thread like this already. I searched but I couldn't find any.

I just came to think of when me and a friend entered the border from Punjab to Himachal Pradesh in the beginning of 2011 and realized it's the best memory I have from a song.

We had been driving for hours since the last tea-break. I had just woken from being asleep for an hour when the sun were about to set and dusk were dawning upon us and our driver told us that we're crossing into Himachal Pradesh any minute now.

I have always been interested in Indian culture and Himachal Pradesh has so many stories from Indian history and it just feels like such a magic and mystic place. After all; Himalaya is the Abode of Gods.

And since I just woke up I were still tired so I plugged in my ear-plugs again to relax a bit before I come around. And just as we entered Himachal the environment shifted into more green and lush plants and this song came on (I always have shuffle on so I never know what song comes on next) and it's a song I hadn't listened to for a few years but I knew I had to bring it to India, it was Cosmosis - The Himalaya. I couldn't have asked for a more fitting song.

As I was listening to the 7 minute song I watched the environment shift from broad fields of mustard into massive bamboo-covered hills and steep cliffs with rivers on the bottom and a euphoric feeling entered my body, almost like a rush of both mental and physic euphoria.
    When the song reached its ending part, when the drums and bass ends and the airy pad continues I saw the massive, snowy mountains of the Himalayas enter on the horizon.

This was two weeks into our journey and it set the mood for me for the rest of the 2½ months. I was so happy and whenever I listen to the song again I get that feeling.

This brings me to the point; What's your best music memory? Could be like mine, an awesome feeling, or maybe a great concert of your favorite band!

10+ Year Old Account
    In the past I had never been to a concert/gig before, don't know why, just never got around to it. Back in June or so I found out that Devin Townsend Project was playing in Brisbane in October. I went a few weeks ago, Best. Night. Ever.