[Balance] Explain Boomking to me like I'm 5!

Sorry guys first post, And I know there has been a lot of them recently. But I despertly want to be a boomkin in my 10man progression group. However I'm having a hell of a time getting it down. I was Feral. And was doing fine ilvl 530. Currently I'm 511 resto getting gear for boomkin.

I don't have an Armory yet as I'm at work. But could I get the lowdown on the rotation, going in and out of the eclipses. And how to do the proper opener?

PS - Currently 10 Secrets away from my Meta. Then a few weeks from cloak!

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripitgood View Post
    But could I get the lowdown on the rotation, going in and out of the eclipses. And how to do the proper opener?
    And how do u expect us to explain this to a 5 years old?

I could go over the basics, but they are pretty much covered in our guides. If you are really that desperate use the basic explain from noxxic:

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/...-and-cooldowns

Single Target:

1. Moonfire Sunfire Maintain as much as possible.
    2. Starsurge on cooldown.
    3. Starfall on cooldown.
    4. Wrath or Starfire to build an Eclipse.

... Your Eclipse buffs are handled using the following sequence:

Stage 1: Cast Wrath until you have the Eclipse (Lunar) buff.
    Stage 2: Cast Starfire until you have the Eclipse (Solar) buff.

Repeat the Eclipse stages while maintaining DoTs and weaving in Starsurge and Starfall.

I understand the basics, But my dps is terrible still. (No set bonus or meta/legendary cloak). So my question is more for the things a new boomkin would miss? I've read the guides in the basic.

I understand the basics, But my dps is terrible still. (No set bonus or meta/legendary cloak). So my question is more for the things a new boomkin would miss? I've read the guides in the basic.

We can't tell what you're missing without logs
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    What durrtygoodz said and also consider that balance is one of the few still very hard speccs to play at highest possible level and are very gear dependent. The diffrence between executing the prio decent and very good is huge so you will need to practice ALOT.

1. You need to have buffed dots at 100% or as close to it as possible without clipping dots to early loosing casts/ss proccs.
    2. Minimize the shooting stars procc wasteage as much as possible its the biggest dps loss you have as a boomkin and how you handle this is the mainreason what make you pull good/bad numbers.

Explain it like you're 5?

dot dot starsurge etc.

Seriously there is a Boomkin guide here that tells you everything you need to know to get started. If you can't follow it then perhaps find another game that's more up your alley.

Currently I'm 511 resto getting gear for boomkin.
    Every resto -> boomy I've talked to has had the same problem, they don't actually reforge their gear because they think they can keep it resto-ready and still do good dps. If you are over hit cap, or not at haste cap, your dps is going to be severely crippled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    When a homeless person is rambling in the streets, it's better to ignore them than argue with them. On the internets it's clearly better to spend an entire week proving them wrong.