Warlock gear scaling is sad.

is anyone else saddened by how bad we are scaling with gear? I am in almost full Grievous gear only missing belt boots neck and back and our damage is just so sad in arena. Yet warriors and mages are running around completely destroying everything! I really thought this was going to be a good season for warlocks but its just another season sitting on the side lines! I mean all I que into in 3s is warrior mage or kfc. I feel like I am the only warlock queing! Why does blizzard hate us so?! lol

Sounds like you might be playing it wrong. Afflic's job is to keep UA and dots up on multiple targets and fearing alot. Haunt got buffed. The afflic's ive seen do these things are typically very effective in dealing good damage, even when theyre getting focused. Their amount of self healing and mobility with ports is good too.
    Try playing a shadow priest if you want to know how useless feels in arena.

I wouldn't say warlocks are in a bad spot but others too strong (warriors)

Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Sounds like you might be playing it wrong. Afflic's job is to keep UA and dots up on multiple targets and fearing alot. Haunt got buffed. The afflic's ive seen do these things are typically very effective in dealing good damage, even when theyre getting focused. Their amount of self healing and mobility with ports is good too.
    Try playing a shadow priest if you want to know how useless feels in arena.
    I understand how to play warlock I have been playing one since BC and have been over 2600+ it just feels like I do no dmg even when the entire enemy team is dotted and we are putting the healer in CCs it just feels meh. Also yes warlocks have port and gateway but thats really not enough to stop a warrior who can heroic leap charge intervene or throw his banner down and charge that to get to you! Its not easy hence why there are so few warlocks above 2.3k! maybe next season! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    times of slow dot pressure are gone, gotta play some mongloid cleave like destro+ele to global someone randomly , sad days...

Quote Originally Posted by Natixsphere View Post
    I understand how to play warlock I have been playing one since BC and have been over 2600+ it just feels like I do no dmg even when the entire enemy team is dotted and we are putting the healer in CCs it just feels meh. Also yes warlocks have port and gateway but thats really not enough to stop a warrior who can heroic leap charge intervene or throw his banner down and charge that to get to you! Its not easy hence why there are so few warlocks above 2.3k! maybe next season! xD
    Lol, he is totally 2600. COuld have fooled me based on how you described your problem. Ya shadowpriests are suffering the same fate because of the warrior plague, just to a greater degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the problem is not that Affliction scales bad with gear because it's actually the opposite, Affliction scales extremely good with gear. The problem is that you simply cannot reach the ilvl where Affliction becomes godlike. Regardless of that, Affliction is actually in a good shape now, it's just that some other classes such as Warriors that are completely over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    times of slow dot pressure are gone, gotta play some mongloid cleave like destro+ele to global someone randomly , sad days...
    Currently got 2.3k rating as double Affliction + Resto Druid. As retarded as it sound, it feels a lot stronger then any comp I've played as Destruction this season. :/

Warriors are so stupid overpowered right now.

I don't even know why people are defending such a broken class (not in this thread, per se. Just in general). Everyone and their mom is running around on a warrior right now smashing buttons to victory with 7 different interrupts.

Toning warriors down would help bring spriests and locks back onto a level playing field. Right now, the only caster who can even touch a warrior is a mage.

I remember all the warriors who said " omg wait until all have grievious gear, warrs scale so bad we gona suck!" Yeah sure...

I started as affli this season and even spmetimes i gelt powerfull against teams with good def cd, selfheals and a rdruid i felt like i forgot to apply my dots. So weak was my dmg. Maybe not overall but in creeping dot there is just not the surprise effect like in a lol stun bladestorm.

1 question since you seem to have a lot of xp as affli:
    Yesterday i got basicly oneshot on my mw by an affli lock. Logs said :
    0.78 sec 131k crit UA
    0.38 sec 133k crit UA
    And some random ticks during that time. Counting it together from the firts crit of UA the lock did slightly over 300k in 0.78 sec. Wtf, how he did that?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    You probably dispelled multiple UAs with Revival. Don't use it vs Affliction locks.
    Definitely the case. I assume Mass Dispel would have a similar effect.

oh well fk

thx

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why you always put UA on pets vs a priest or monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Definitely the case. I assume Mass Dispel would have a similar effect.
    Yep, for every UA you dispel you take damage. Doesn't matter if it's 2 UA's on 1 target or 1 UA on 2 targets, you take damage for every UA you dispel.