Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl

So, I have heard that Xal'atoh, Desecrated Image of Gorehowl whispers to the player whom has it equipped, however, I got the weapon yesterday, and after reading about it, I have had it equipped since, yet not a peep, is it like the Corrupted Ashbringer? Is it just random?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    Yes it does, but you need to have in-game sounds on

http://www.wowhead.com/item=103649/x...nts:id=1898855

These quotes "You will rest in Nyalotha." and "When you walk through the Dark Forest, you will see."
    are extremely interesting to those of us who are interested in the old gods and all the mysteriousness around them (puzzle box of yogg-saron anyone )
    Last edited by mmocf5558b9282; 2013-11-01 at 01:21 AM.

It's audio whispering, not in your chatlog, so you need to actually hear it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really cool, and obviously another hint at a possible Old God/Azshara related expansion.

Actually brings up an interesting idea. Garrosh could be potentially used as a valuable source of information if we do go against them. Assuming he learned anything after being touched by the power of Y'shaarj, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Really cool, and obviously another hint at a possible Old God/Azshara related expansion.

Actually brings up an interesting idea. Garrosh could be potentially used as a valuable source of information if we do go against them. Assuming he learned anything after being touched by the power of Y'shaarj, that is.
    Definitely interested in any conversations that take place between him and Anduin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    How is that a hint to an Old God-expansion?
    The weapon was created with the powers of an Old God, that is the connection.
    I'm talking about the quotes. More references to Nyalotha and the Dark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    These quotes "You will rest in Nyalotha." and "When you walk through the Dark Forest, you will see."

So...Garrosh was still not corrupted/being manipulated though, huh? =P

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    He went after the heart of y'Shaarj on his own accord (Not to mention the things he did before that), so the "He's a misunderstood hero"-thing still doesn't fly

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    He went after the heart of y'Shaarj on his own accord (Not to mention the things he did before that), so the "He's a misunderstood hero"-thing still doesn't fly
    Not...remotely the point I was trying to make?

No, according to lore, he was in control of it.

Think of it this way - if a terrorist acquired the nuclear launch codes of the US, the codes would not possess the terrorist, the terrorist would control the codes.

I once listened intently to my Xal'atoh for 42 consecutive minutes with my game sounds at 100% while browsing MMO-Champion on my other monitor but didn't hear anything come out of it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    No, according to lore, he was in control of it.

Think of it this way - if a terrorist acquired the nuclear launch codes of the US, the codes would not possess the terrorist, the terrorist would control the codes.
    What I'm trying to say is the official explanation is BS. It was clearly influencing him. It may not have been in DIRECT control of him, but it was clearly playing with him, leading him along for at least part of the way.

You don't need to pick up and move somebody's feet to make them walk the direction you want.

The better comparison would be to say that you place a bomb in front of a person, and then start to tell them tales of how their enemy has tormented their people, how they deserve death, and how different and better the world would be if they were gone. They still have the bomb, sure, but you just influenced them to come to the conclusion you wanted them to. You gave them the reason to jump.

That's what happened here. Garrosh was not corrupted in the new Blizzard version of, "lol Old Gods made me do it!" but in a more subtle way; influencing his beliefs.

I think he wasn't at all. He was perfectly aware of all this shits from old god related objects. In 5.4 trailer, he outright said about the heart "It thirsts". He fully knew what he was doing.

What I'm trying to say is the official explanation is BS. It was clearly influencing him. It may not have been in DIRECT control of him, but it was clearly playing with him, leading him along for at least part of the way.

You don't need to pick up and move somebody's feet to make them walk the direction you want.

The better comparison would be to say that you place a bomb in front of a person, and then start to tell them tales of how their enemy has tormented their people, how they deserve death, and how different and better the world would be if they were gone. They still have the bomb, sure, but you just influenced them to come to the conclusion you wanted them to. You gave them the reason to jump.

That's what happened here. Garrosh was not corrupted in the new Blizzard version of, "lol Old Gods made me do it!" but in a more subtle way; influencing his beliefs.
    No,

The old power he found was only used at the last moment. The rest of the time he did it on his own. He only uses it shortly before the siege and during. At that point hes pretty far gone anyway.

Deleted
    So that's why i've been hearing those whispers... I thought they where doing a thing for the next expansion.

I find it odd that we even use the weapon in the first place ,hey the ex warchief dropped his cursed weapon gifted to him by an ancient evil, lets use it to split skulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    I find it odd that we even use the weapon in the first place ,hey the ex warchief dropped his cursed weapon gifted to him by an ancient evil, lets use it to split skulls.
    We used Shadowmourne, Glaives of Illidan, Thori'dal, Gorehowl...

I don't think that the weapon is cursed, it's only empowered by Y'Sharaaj.

Deleted
    "With each thread unraveled a step closer to my realm."

Does he talk about threads of time?

Deleted
    Puzzle Box:

At the bottom of the ocean even light must die...
    The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream... It would be merciful to tear them down...
    There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal...
    Even death may die...
    There is a little lamb lost in dark woods...
    All places, all things have souls... All souls can be devoured...
    What can change the nature of a man?
    The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...
    Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
    Look around... They will all betray you... Flee screaming into the black forest...
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep...
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes...
    Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula...
    The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly...
    The drowned god's heart is black ice...
    It is standing right behind you... Do not move... Do not breathe...
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
    You resist... You cling to your life as if it actually matters... You will learn...
    The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
    The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
    The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
    Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.
    You will all be alone in the end.

Xal'atoh:

With each threat unraveled, a step closer to my realm.
    Another blemish on your soul.
    You will rest in Ny'alotha.
    You should kill them all. You must kill them all.
    Eyes are the windows to the soul. Shatter them forever.
    Pluck their wings. Leave them broken.
    Pay the cost of greatness.
    All should bow before you. Make them!
    All that you have accomplished, all that you have won, yet still you lick the boots of kings.
    Carve more slowly, that I may feed.
    Embrace your rage.
    Caress your fear.
    Gorge your hatred.
    Voice your doubts.
    When you walk among the black forest, you will see.
    I can taste the essence of your soul... it is sweet...

C'thun

Death is close...
    You are already dead.
    Your courage will fail.
    Your friends will abandon you.
    You will betray your friends.
    You will die.
    You are weak.
    Your heart will explode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    "With each thread unraveled a step closer to my realm."

Does he talk about threads of time?
    He says threat, not thread.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2013-11-01 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post

He says threat, not thread.
    I don't think so. Those words are commonly used together.
    un•rav•el (ʌnˈræv əl)

v. -eled, -el•ing (esp. Brit.) -elled, -el•ling. v.t.
    1. to separate or disentangle the threads of (a fabric, rope, etc.).
    2. to free from complications; make plain or clear; solve: to unravel a mystery.
    3. to take apart; undo; destroy (a plan, agreement, or arrangement).
    v.i.
    4. to become unraveled.
    To unravel a "threat", what would that even mean? To remove threats? Why would that get us closer to his realm?