Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

How many of you will actually go watch Blink 182 at BlizzCon?

I mean, can't be that many punkrockers going to blizzcon? (my own thought, not a statement)

I won't be going there but I will be watching it online.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I'll watch the youtube video, but only cause i'm too poor for the virtural ticket

I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of people who are super stoked to see them, you don't have to be a "punk rocker" to like their music.

1. Blink182 isn't real punk. They're pop-punk...which is everything that real punks are against. Basically...they're conformists to the system.
    2. I have the virtual ticket and for the first time I will not watch the closing. Makes me sad actually. But eh...I get it. Safe band blah blah blah.
    The rest of Blizzcon will be worth it. Can't effin wait for next friday!

10+ Year Old Account
    BlizzCon: the event where people spend hundreds of dollars to be present when a video game expansion is unveiled* and they complain about the crappy band that's set to play the "closing party".

*don't deny it, the main draw of this thing is the panel where they reveal the next WoW expansion, and it is the reason 99% of WoW players care about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    1. Blink182 isn't real punk. They're pop-punk...which is everything that real punks are against. Basically...they're conformists to the system.
    2. I have the virtual ticket and for the first time I will not watch the closing. Makes me sad actually. But eh...I get it. Safe band blah blah blah.
    The rest of Blizzcon will be worth it. Can't effin wait for next friday!
    You're conforming to non-conformity. Bravo.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing else to do, As I will be watching from home so I prbly watch the concert.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be there, so I don't see why I'd leave early unless they're terrible, but even then I'd just heckle them, not leave.

i will watch them online and i am very happy about it.

I was in high school when blink 182 became populer and they were HUGE. I love that band I'm really excited to see them headlining a huge event.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll watch it with my virtual ticket, as long as it doesn't turn out like the Samwise bullshit they tried before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard the name, but I cannot name one tune they have made.. Judging by the name alone, it's probably some youth-trash, not worth spending time on..

Just like all PvP events, I'll skip it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I will be there this year and yes I will be there for the closing....now that doesnt mean I like blink-182 but they had come good music here and there so it wont be all bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    BlizzCon: the event where people spend hundreds of dollars to be present when a video game expansion is unveiled* and they complain about the crappy band that's set to play the "closing party".

*don't deny it, the main draw of this thing is the panel where they reveal the next WoW expansion, and it is the reason 99% of WoW players care about it
    I've paid, mainly, for the pet ;-)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Verjin View Post
    I mean, can't be that many punkrockers going to blizzcon? (my own thought, not a statement)
    I don't really follow music, but these guys were a pop band from way back when I was in highschool, or maybe just after. When did they become punk? or is it just their costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    I don't really follow music, but these guys were a pop band from way back when I was in highschool, or maybe just after. When did they become punk? or is it just their costumes.
    They never have been punk, but what they did was come out of a very specific region with a very specific sound that played a major roll in popularizing Pop-Punk in the musical era they became popular in.
    Everyone in around them at that time were being farmed to cut a few CDs.
    Thankfully very few ligit pop punk bands ( Broadway Calls) are around these days, because they just dance over into the emo/screamo end of the LOL spectrum.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2013-11-01 at 10:15 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

First I've heard of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    The Big Bang of music genres that happened in the late 90s, early 2000s has made labeling bands in genres almost moot now. It seems like everyone is everything and nothing these days. I've even heard people make serious arguments that Kanye West is a "rockstar."

Deleted
    Another reason for me to buy the virtual ticket. Blink has always been my favourite band!

I can imagine quite a few punkrockers going to Blizzcon, but i doubt Blink 182 is the most popular of bands nowadays. I certainly would've watched if they got something a bit more recent/hardcore. Bring Madball or something similar and i certainly will pay for it next year.