Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Read what I wrote, once more...
    I said I'll do the same I do with PvP event: Skip it..
    I haven't compared the two, in any way..

I skip PvP, because it offer no value to me..
    I skip the music, because it's aimed at an audience, too ypung to attend BlizzCon..
    The wording seemed like you were saying PvP events were like that. No worries then.

Quote Originally Posted by Noshii View Post
    Better go yell at the kids skateboarding on the sidewalk.

Seriously, whatever music you listen to is fucking shitty. Probably some horrible "guy in his 30's turned cynical asshole" crap. Yeah man, your music sucks and I've never even heard it. See what I did?

Douche.
    Ouch, somebody seems particularly angry that Fuxie dislikes the band. What's next mate, gonna find out he doesn't like anchovies and scream at him that whatever food he likes is probably bad tasting? o.O;
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I'm sure there are thousands and thousands of people who are super stoked to see them, you don't have to be a "punk rocker" to like their music.
    This pretty much.

Personally i couldn't pin a single song to their name, but i will be watching anyway just to see what they're like and the over all blizzcon atmosphere stuff.

Blink 182 best band evah! I'll watch for sure!

I assume the age of people watching, will be somewhat higher than the average blizzcon attendee age
    I really liked them, when I was 12 or so, so I would go!
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched them live in Vancouver; if I was going, I would be pumped to see them. They are great live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blink 182 is just fun music. It's not revolutionary or insanely philosophical or musically brilliant, but it's good enjoyable music. No need to bash it if you don't like it, I'm fairly certain everyone here listens to music others consider trash.

No need to be a music snob.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

15+ Year Old Account
    I was never really that in to them, but I have a lot of respect for their drummer. Travis is one of the best drummers playing today. For those about to quote this out of context or list a bunch of other amazing drummers, I said one of the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    1. Blink182 isn't real punk. They're pop-punk...which is everything that real punks are against. Basically...they're conformists to the system.
    2. I have the virtual ticket and for the first time I will not watch the closing. Makes me sad actually. But eh...I get it. Safe band blah blah blah.
    The rest of Blizzcon will be worth it. Can't effin wait for next friday!
    "Real punks" conform to their own status quo. If anything, Blink 182 did the "punk" thing to do by doing what all the other punk bands don't. Who's the conformist now?
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Ouch, somebody seems particularly angry that Fuxie dislikes the band. What's next mate, gonna find out he doesn't like anchovies and scream at him that whatever food he likes is probably bad tasting? o.O;
    its probably more of the fact that Fuxie dislikes a band he's never even heard of or listened to before, and judging their music. its a bit retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read what I wrote, once more...
    I said I'll do the same I do with PvP event: Skip it..
    I haven't compared the two, in any way..

I skip PvP, because it offer no value to me..
    I skip the music, because it's aimed at an audience, too ypung to attend BlizzCon..
    I'm almost 30 and enjoy Blink, am I too young to attend blizzcon? Blinks last 2 albums are far far more mature than the stuff that people associate them with.
    <Semi Retired> - Recruiting for 9.2!

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    You obviously missed the point. I dislike people that dislike things they know nothing about. I mean... he could have easily said, "i don't know who they are, but they don't sound like my cup of tea". No, instead he goes on about tween pop or something and calls them shit. Im not even a fan of the band, I just dislike people with that type of mindset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verjin View Post
    I mean, can't be that many punkrockers going to blizzcon? (my own thought, not a statement)
    You're an idiot. Might be harsh, but what the fuck. Who judges music by what genre it is? Nothing is a GENRE anymore. I like all kinds of fucking music, some is heavy, some is not. Some heavy I dislike. It's not about being a punkrocker or whatever fucking genre you judge them to be. It's about whether you like B L I N K 1 8 2. The band. The music they've made.

I'm seriously considering buying the Virtual Ticket after hearing the announcement. One of the greatest bands of the late 90s/early 2000s.

Deleted
    Because the name sounds retarded?
    So does your reasoning.

It really isn't punk imo. Just a twisted pop version of it, but I'm not trying to hate on ppl who like them, but you shouldn't expect everyone to have your opinion about them.

Deleted
    Blink 182 is the right choise for Blizzcon, if blizz thinks the target audience is female and under 15.

I have a feeling Blink 182 is going to lean heavily on the nostalgia card. They put on a really good show, too. If you've already bought a ticket, you should definitely go/watch online/what have you.

Actually Noshii...that's a valid point. I withdraw my criticism.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

The concert will be packed because for the people attending blizzcon, it is more about just rocking out at a blizzard event rather than the actual band. Personally, I don't like concerts.