Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Tank raid healing question

Hey, just curious, which tank has the best raid heals? Its not really that important other than myself and another officer in my guild were arguing about it. I thought it was a druid with Ysera's Gift. He says it's a DK with blood worms. I'm talking over the duration of a normal raid.

If anyone can help, it would settle out little voucher lol. thanks.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Monks ... By far.
    Mew!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
    Monks ... By far.
    Oh wow really? well we're both wrong then.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    Monks without question.

Deleted
    I'll take you word for it, for every fight that is not malkorok. Blood worms do so much healing, but it's counted as overheal for all fight but that one.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Paladins maybe? If they focus on using eternal flame on others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    Paladins maybe? If they focus on using eternal flame on others.
    If they would dump HoPo in that, then sure. But that is seriously unlikely. ^^ EF'ing some players for ex on Galakras P2, IJ, and alike is normal, but it's only 2-3 person tops. Paladins raid-heals are normally only Holy Prism and Light's Hammer. They aren't bad, but nothing like pre-5.4 Battle Healer.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    If they would dump HoPo in that, then sure. But that is seriously unlikely. ^^ EF'ing some players for ex on Galakras P2, IJ, and alike is normal, but it's only 2-3 person tops. Paladins raid-heals are normally only Holy Prism and Light's Hammer. They aren't bad, but nothing like pre-5.4 Battle Healer.
    Yeah that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure i couldn't have pulled 160k hps when progressing hc thok. Pretty sure that's what our paladin had.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Hey, just curious, which tank has the best raid heals? Its not really that important other than myself and another officer in my guild were arguing about it. I thought it was a druid with Ysera's Gift. He says it's a DK with blood worms. I'm talking over the duration of a normal raid.

Well, I guess it depends a bit on the situation. For example, Ysera's Gift is a nice passive healing. For most encounters now, Bears will go with the Dream of Cenarius talent. When it procs, your next Healing Touch is free and it benefits from AP. So if I were to spend every single DoC proc on a HT to aid our healers, I'd be doing a lot more than if I just had Ysera's Gift healing passively. Then again, there should never be a reason for a Bear to "waste" that many globals just to cast HT, so it's not really a likely scenario.

If you need that much extra healing, it's most likely during a specific moment, where (specially on 10 man) you don't have a raid wall for instance. In that case, Bears can just pick Heart of the Wild, cast Tranq and after that spam Reju. With a spellcaster weapon and if the Bear doesn't have to taunt off the other tank, the Bear would win hands down. But again, it's not over the course of the entire raid, since healing with HotW is generally less preferred than using it for dps (kitty dps).

I would assume pallys. They're basically half a healer. Unless they were nerfed super hardcore from last tier.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Blood worms are awesome in specific situations, but generally only ever affect melee (who are easy to heal), for example, they're great if your blood DK is tanking for the tower team, and i've seen groups use the blood worm heal in place of an actual healer for the tower team.

Monks drop 'Sanctuary of the Ox' passively, which is a pretty hefty smart-absorb (meaning, it applies to a low health target in range of an Ox statue) that applies as the Brewmaster monk does damage, and scales to vengeance/AP (Absorbing about [2x AP] damage). It also apparently gets boosted by Glyph of Guard (causing it to absorb 10% more, but only absorb magic damage). They also will generally pass out chi burst/chi wave/zen sphere, but those aren't nearly as substantial as the Ox Guard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Monks. DK's do a lot, sure, but it's only going to be healing melee really. Our raid heal is also an absorb which sadly trumps throughput heals >.>

overall, monks.

however there are fights where monks just cant keep up. malk is amazing for DKs, thok is crazy for pallies and druids(our pally tank did 120k last night on thok it was stupid)

but over an entire raid, if the monk uses chi wave/EH/HS/GotO properly they will dominate everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Monk --> guard.
    For on demand raid healing druid with HotW tranq.
    For just random "extra healing on that 1 person for the entire fight" (Say person getting toxic mist on dark shammies) --> paladin

For gimmicks :
    Malkorok : dk/paladin
    Thok : paladin/monk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    malk is amazing for DKs,
    While I cannot dispute the fact that they do amazing hps there, it's very much overhealing. Because of the absorb-debuff, it's all counted as effective hps. There isn't much damage on melee, smart heals/chain heal/healing rain cover for the bit there is.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I would assume pallys. They're basically half a healer. Unless they were nerfed super hardcore from last tier.
    Monks can easily do over 100k hps on quite a few fights with half of that being raid healing. Most of every other tanks HPS, while close in numbers is largely in themselves and not raid healing.

Monks are by far the best passive. Paladins used to be the highest passive healing but got nerfed - they can still do amazing hps blanketing EF but forego dps and mitigation (ignoring 4set). DK blood worms are okay.

Even if other tanks could passively do similar HPS that monks do, the fact that most of the healing that a monk does is an absorb is significant because absorbs are innately more beneficial.

I think these are a good way to solve the problem. Good luck to you!
    Last edited by hackbornyu; 2013-11-02 at 03:29 AM.

I can easily keep eternal flame on half the raid, but that is not really my job.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    I can easily keep eternal flame on half the raid, but that is not really my job.
    Your job is to keep the raid and yourself alive. If spending holy power to cast EF on raid instead of SotR makes that happen(like when off-tanking) then you should.