Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

What would it take to get Eminem or Lil Wayne to perform at Blizzcon?

I noticed at Blizzcon they always have washed up has beens performing. Why can't they get any current A-list artists?

Last year there were 26,000 people at Blizzcon at 170 bucks a pop. That's almost 5 million dollars. Wayne and Drake both charge from 50,000-100,000 for a performance with 5-6 songs. Hell, Chief Keef only charges like $20,000.

Why can't they ever get anyone relevant?

If they got Keef to perform, the place would go INSANE.

If they can't afford Em at least get Riff Raff or something.

Last edited by Chingylol; 2013-11-01 at 06:24 PM.

Because a lot of Blizzards fan base doesn't really like rap? And a lot of big artists have a primary song set consisting of rap.

I would literally start a petition to get a full refund if either of those artists were the ones performing.

Also, Blizzard states each time they lose profit from doing Blizzcon.
    Last edited by Pebrocks The Warlock; 2013-11-01 at 01:43 AM.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Because they want to close Blizzcon with music

Deleted
    If they got Chief Keef to perform, that place should be fucking burned down to the ground.
    Who even listens to that shithead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lil Wayne? Chief Keef? Oh lord. Even people who like rap hate Lil Wayne and Chief Keef, as for Eminem, in my opinion it would be awesome, been to a few of his concerts and they're amazing, but as others have said not everyone is into rap, though Eminem isn't nearly as bad as he was 10 years ago I still don't think it would fit the tone of blizzcon but with saying that I can't stand any of the bands they've had at past blizzcons especially Blink 182 (ugh) so *shrug* to each their own.
    Last edited by Byrogan; 2013-11-01 at 01:48 AM.

You know what it will really take? Horrible taste in music. Blink 132(or whatever it's fucking called) is kind of on the line, though at least they're listenable. I would no doubt buy a ticket to Blizzcon if bands like Radiohead or the Chili Peppers were playing(Even Coldplay), even though I leave pretty much a half-continent away.
    Last edited by TheAmazingFeedz; 2013-11-01 at 01:47 AM.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

15+ Year Old Account
    Eminem I'd be fine with. Lil Wayne? Dude, even Lil Wayne doesn't like Lil Wayne. The only suggestion I could think of that would be worse is Kanye West.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I would laugh my fucking ass off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Armin Van Buuren or Above and Beyond. Trance wins hands down imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Eminem I'd be fine with. Lil Wayne? Dude, even Lil Wayne doesn't like Lil Wayne. The only suggestion I could think of that would be worse is Kanye West.
    Really Kanye is worse than Wayne, I heard everything.

A lot of money and a complete lack of musical taste.

I'm laughing irl, thank you. Lil' Wayne and music in the same sentence.

Tenacious D made sense: come pretty cheap, plus Jack Black's a big ol' geek (probably Kyle, too), and it was probably a kick for him. Ozzy's already done a commercial for Blizzard: I dunno if he enjoys gaming or not, but it was cool of him to do the convention.

I dunno, I feel the next group that performs isn't just gonna be someone popular, it's probably gonna be someone who enjoys gaming, and who might be willing to perform for a bit cheaper than they would normally ask.

Personally, I'd still like to see Captain Dan and the Scurvy Crew. I'm willing to bet they're REALLY cheap, they've already done a song about WoW. It's clear these folks are geeks. I mean...c'mon. Pirate rap.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulDok View Post
    Really Kanye is worse than Wayne, I heard everything.
    At least Lil wayne offers up comedic value in his music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

What would it take? A completely different fan base. Would be like walking into an MLG event and having T.I. rapping at the end. Sure a lot of people like him but come on its a video game convention first and foremost and most of the time they aren't into that sort of thing.

@above
    and dude listen to Kanye's latest CD it isn't even worth the packaging he used to be okay but not now

Hip hop/rap/whatever the fuck it's called doesn't really say "Warcraft" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I noticed at Blizzcon they always have washed up has beens performing.
    ... But you want Eminem?

I'd make a similar comment about Lil' Wayne but to this day I have no clue who he is.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-11-01 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eren Yaeger View Post
    Because a lot of Blizzards fan base doesn't really like rap? And a lot of big artists have a primary song set consisting of rap.
    Blizzard/Wow's fanbase has always been what's trendy in pop culture. Look at how many in-game references there are. Hell, the Lady Gaga and My Little Pony threads on MMO Champion have gone way over the maximum limit, with multiple extra threads having to be made. Wayne crushes Gaga in record sales almost 3:1, and I believe he has more number 1 billboard hits then Elvis along with Jay-Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    I noticed at Blizzcon they always have washed up has beens performing. Why can't they get any current A-list artists?

Last year there were 26,000 people at Blizzcon at 170 bucks a pop. That's almost 5 million dollars. Wayne and Drake both charge from 50,000-100,000 for a performance with 5-6 songs. Hell, Chief Keef only charges like $20,000.

Why can't they ever get anyone relevant?

If they got Keef to perform, the place would go INSANE.

What the shit did I just listen to? Is this what kids call A-list artists these days?