Enhancement; Ways to increase my total dps (494 iLvl)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Karasa/simple

So this is me. I'm currently running an overall dps of 55-60k on the timeless isle as I run around, without the items available only on the isle (for testing purposes), and I'm looking at this graph

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#496

It's and saying I should be doing at least double the damage I see on live. I understand I'm not raid buffed but I wanted to come ask questions. Such as; why is my dps so low comparatively, and what could I do to change it?

I'm waiting for two friends to hit 90 with new characters before I take my shaman into whatever raids we can find, but if I do raid again I want to make sure I'm not 9th on the list with the healer behind by a few thousand dps. I currently have no gems or enchants as i'm still looking to get more burden-level gear.

Thanks in advance

Deleted
    noxxic isnt a serious page anymore!
    so the graphs either!
    ^this is my opinion. But the graph isnt "realistic" at all!

what you can do is to learn the prio and try to find raids (old ones or lfr / flex).
    enchants and gems as you mentioned are nice. (gem & enchant your hands! you wont change them atm)
    hit & exp caps > mastery > haste > crit

another profession as herbalism would be nice, but not necessary.

Graph is BS. Enhance scales well so naturally at lower gear levels you will be a weaker spec. That being said gem/enchant your gear and aim for 90-100k seems more reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Regardless of the authenticity of that graph, that damage is based on a fully optimised character with full raid buffs in a raid setting. Comparing what you're getting on mobs around the Timeless Isle is just, well, pointless.

Before you gem/enchant/reforge properly you can never compare your damage to that of simulated raid settings. Echo of the Elements and Unleashed Fury aren't really advised at your level.

We also have absolutely no idea if you know your rotation correctly in a raid setting (killing mobs is just not the same). Sorry to come across blunt but this is a fairly pointless thread.

get gems and enchants , reforge to get 7,5% expertice and 7,5% hit , dont use FET glyph its crap one, sugest to try AS/UF talent combo insted of EotE/UF

If you do so and you will do Enh rotation properly with Raid buffs and your ilevel you shoud be around 90k-100k dps single target

I have some questions concerning echo of the elements. From what I've read it has about a 26-30% chance to proc from spells and abilities as long as you are enhancement. Do you copied abilities just mimic the first ability, as in the same target/ability/damage or does it have to have a separate target or something?

My offspec is basically the same thing as my main spec but I chose Elemental Mastery and Primal elementalist, and all I see is a decrease in overall dps and higher burst dps when both talents are used in conjuction with one another. The FET glyph is so it stacks with Ascendance in my rotation (they're macro'ed together). Does the elemental scale with my haste and attack power/stats like the wolves do? or should I macro something else to it? Currently the macro is;

#showtooltip Ascendance
    /cast berserking
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Fire elemental totem

Edit: Also, is Ancestral switftness simply for the base haste increase? When does the actual ability come into play in our rotation/queue?
    Last edited by Amandi; 2013-11-01 at 04:23 PM. Reason: forgot to mention.

Deleted
    Your weapons are probably a big part of the problem. My personal luck concerning them wasn't really great as I didn't see a single T14 or T15 weapon drop until I got a Seismic Bore and after that finally a one weapon from Dark Animus. Before that I was actually using upgraded heroic weapons (471i). The damage increase I got from just replacing those two weapons was HUGE, finally giving me dps appropriate for my iLevel.

Well first...your Expertise is crap and you have too much hit.

First thing you need to do is reforge down to 7.5% Hit and up to 7.5% Expertise (Try askmrrobot.com and use their T15 PVE spec)

You could probably just use the cheaper green gems and enchants and still see a marked improvement.
    Avoid Dancing Steel till you see better weapons...but get Windsong (can probably get if for cheap)

That will probably get you to around 90/100k single target raid dps....and with 50% mastery, you might be pretty good on AIE dps too.

When you do begin LFR'ing with your buddies (i'm assuming you will start at MSV and work up)...and assuming you know your rotation, I can see you hitting about #11-12 on the 25m LFR kills (that factors in there are always someone totally overgeared for it)

Ok, so I gemmed everything but my meta. I am just over hit/exp capped, and I now have Windsong on both of my weapons. As of right now I have lowered my dps to 49.5K or so, down from 55-60k, I do not understand why. I did the proving grounds to test first hand, and I was doing around 35k dps per fight. I decided that it must be something to do with the enemies so I went to the timeless isle to fight a few elites. No, it's still lower, and I now have a headache.

I also have questions as to why Echo of the elements is so lowly rated, and how my upgrading my gear would lessen it's effect compared to Ancestral swiftness or elemental mastery. I understand in a raid that the other two might be better suited to boss encounters, but for general grinding or timeless isle mobs there isn't much point in popping cooldowns unless I pull something big (emerald gander, furyshell, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    Ok, so I gemmed everything but my meta. I am just over hit/exp capped, and I now have Windsong on both of my weapons. As of right now I have lowered my dps to 49.5K or so, down from 55-60k, I do not understand why. I did the proving grounds to test first hand, and I was doing around 35k dps per fight. I decided that it must be something to do with the enemies so I went to the timeless isle to fight a few elites. No, it's still lower, and I now have a headache.

I also have questions as to why Echo of the elements is so lowly rated, and how my upgrading my gear would lessen it's effect compared to Ancestral swiftness or elemental mastery. I understand in a raid that the other two might be better suited to boss encounters, but for general grinding or timeless isle mobs there isn't much point in popping cooldowns unless I pull something big (emerald gander, furyshell, etc.)
    in Proving grounds yuo ilevel of evry item is saled down to 463 Ilevel and non set bonuses or legendary item work there

EotE for Enh shaman have 30% cahnce to duplicate you LB, Cl, ES,FS,FS(only direct hit),FN and your healing spells HS and CH and alsow 6% to duplicate EB
    AS is better for single target but EotE is slightly better foe AoE as it proc from FN

Timeless isle is not to good spot to test dps becous you got ther some outside buffs like Celestial bessing and one from books and mobs does not leave long enought to shouw you true dps.

IF you woan test you DPS best way is to just go Target Dumy or if you wona test it with Raid buffs sugest to go SoO p3 LFR becous Malkarok is piure single target fight where you can easy test you dps as enh

10+ Year Old Account
    As many posters said the best way to compare is by queueing up for lfr / flex where you have all raid buffs.
    Im sure its including flask/food so if you have the extra gold for curiosity.

Iron juggernaut,Malkorok, or Durumu are good bosses for something like this

press your buttons harder, keybind your abilities, learn your classes rotation, learn what stats to stack, dont be bad, and win