Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire TheRealDavidTwo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's a Psycho scenario, where Maiev took Illidan to her house or something and embalmed him. And then Maiev became Illidan.

No..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Would prefer Hello Kitty Island Adventure to Illidan coming back.

OR.

Give me back my Uther, then the world can fricken burn for all I care.
    Silly, only villains can come back to life!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    illidan was a fun cool character that wasn't utilised nearly enough in game. You have to remember that TBC was done before they started to really showcase villains in the same way that Arthas & Deathwing sort of popped up randomly through questing and inside instances so players didn't get to "know" him as well as other major villains.

I would like to see him revived in some way so we can learn more about him and get to know his story more inside World of Warcraft.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    This post lists the proof that it's planned.

As for the why?

Because he was a popular character that Blizzard realized they totally derailed in Burning Crusade into what was essentially a completely different guy. For some reason it's really touchy, so I won't go into too much detail, but the anti-hero he was in Warcraft was noticeably different than the Saturday morning cartoon villain we confronted in Burning Crusade. And the excuse that losing to Arthas made him go crazy is not only lazy, it's nonsensical. If being chained up in pitch blackness for ten thousand years did not drive Illidan insane, why would losing (and surviving) a random fight break him? They implied once or twice they'd like to bring Kael'thas back as well, considering the guy we killed in Burning Crusade had essentially the complete opposite personality and character as the one we liked in Warcraft III, but Blizzard felt like it's too late since they already brought him back once.

I'm usually annoyed by Blizzard's retcons, but considering this would be a development that would be used to counter a previous retcon, I don't mind.
    For someone who claims BC butchered Illidan(psst it didn't) you sure don't know much about his character. Illidan would do anything to stop the legion and save Azeroth to somewhat impress Tyrande and because he really does want what's best for Azeroth. He was commanded by KJ to stop Arthas. He failed and created two threats to both himself and the world. He limped back to outland defeated and in fear of what KJ had in store for his failure.

Also he wasn't like bonkers crazy. He was megalomaniac crazy. Two different versions. He was amassing power upon power to protect himself and strike back and would stop at nothing for it.

Illidan should not come back. He probably will not. His story was fine, completed and needs nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    For someone who claims BC butchered Illidan(psst it didn't) you sure don't know much about his character. Illidan would do anything to stop the legion and save Azeroth to somewhat impress Tyrande and because he really does want what's best for Azeroth. He was commanded by KJ to stop Arthas. He failed and created two threats to both himself and the world. He limped back to outland defeated and in fear of what KJ had in store for his failure.

Also he wasn't like bonkers crazy. He was megalomaniac crazy. Two different versions. He was amassing power upon power to protect himself and strike back and would stop at nothing for it.

Illidan should not come back. He probably will not. His story was fine, completed and needs nothing more.
    You really think that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    illidan was a fun cool character that wasn't utilised nearly enough in game. You have to remember that TBC was done before they started to really showcase villains in the same way that Arthas & Deathwing sort of popped up randomly through questing and inside instances so players didn't get to "know" him as well as other major villains.

I would like to see him revived in some way so we can learn more about him and get to know his story more inside World of Warcraft.
    Were you playing a different game than I was in BC? He was there a good bit in some of the later zones including the finale of the netherwing.

Were you playing a different game than I was in BC? He was there a good bit in some of the later zones including the finale of the netherwing.
    I missed Warcraft 3 and started playing WoW during BC. I had no idea who Illidan was, apart from "some dude with legendaries". He turns up about 2 times outside BT, probably not even that. Was much more evidence to point to Kael'thas as the villain.
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'd like to see him come back. Feel his "death" was to soon :[

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Because he was a popular character that Blizzard realized they totally derailed in Burning Crusade into what was essentially a completely different guy. For some reason it's really touchy, so I won't go into too much detail, but the anti-hero he was in Warcraft was noticeably different than the Saturday morning cartoon villain we confronted in Burning Crusade. And the excuse that losing to Arthas made him go crazy is not only lazy, it's nonsensical. If being chained up in pitch blackness for ten thousand years did not drive Illidan insane, why would losing (and surviving) a random fight break him? They implied once or twice they'd like to bring Kael'thas back as well, considering the guy we killed in Burning Crusade had essentially the complete opposite personality and character as the one we liked in Warcraft III, but Blizzard felt like it's too late since they already brought him back once.
    To be fair though, he was cut by Frostmourne, a sword that absorbs souls.
    Maybe that had a special effect on him? Since he is the only one I can think of that have survived a slash from Frostmourne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

I remember seeing him several times during questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    To be fair though, he was cut by Frostmourne, a sword that absorbs souls.
    Maybe that had a special effect on him? Since he is the only one I can think of that have survived a slash from Frostmourne.
    fu*k, i totally forgot that, how the actual flying 'nanners did he survive that?
    also, same goes for Jaina & Sylvanas in halls of reflection, they fought the lich king for a uncertain period of time, its unlikely that they was never -cut- considering both of them were close to death when we got there.

i call bogus and blizzard forgetting that ability, just like i did.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyxtyr View Post
    I remember seeing him several times during questing.
    Not to the point that players, or even Blizzard felt was a good level. They've said this themselves too.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Looking for Reason in a fictional world is quite futile.
    Respectable fiction will adhere to some kind of logic and make sense within the world that has been established. Bad fiction often stoops to time travel, alternate realities, deus ex machina, and retconning. This is what makes it bad - it makes a half-hearted attempt to make some kind of sense and tell a meaningful, grounded story but often takes the easy, convenient way out because it doesn't respect its own lore enough to try harder. This is what Illidan's fanservice revival will be.
    Look! Words!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    fu*k, i totally forgot that, how the actual flying 'nanners did he survive that?
    also, same goes for Jaina & Sylvanas in halls of reflection, they fought the lich king for a uncertain period of time, its unlikely that they was never -cut- considering both of them were close to death when we got there.

i call bogus and blizzard forgetting that ability, just like i did.
    Exhaustion is another reason for "low health" in game mechanics.

We don't run off of an Either/Or system so we reflect it by a Health Bar instead.

While Jaina could have been injured by spells or magic, it's most likely that she simply was just plain exhausted and on her last stand before she collapsed, at which point she would have fallen to Frostmourne.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

Maiev was imprisoned herself, I think, by her brother when she tried to kill the Highborne. As for Illidan, I don't think Maiev will have killed him. She was already insane by then, but she was so clever she could hide it well enough. I think she's more likely to have kept him alive for her own sick games than to have killed him. But we don't know for certain. I'd like to see him dead, as much as I love the guy. If villains keep returning it just takes away from their awesome. I fail to believe that they can all be masters of playing dead. The only one that should be able to do that is Deathwing. He's been presumed dead many times, afterall.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

15+ Year Old Account
    I missed Warcraft 3 and started playing WoW during BC. I had no idea who Illidan was, apart from "some dude with legendaries". He turns up about 2 times outside BT, probably not even that. Was much more evidence to point to Kael'thas as the villain.
    On that note, a Warcraft 4 would be a perfect place to fill all the gaps and solidify what we see in WoW, lore wise.

It would take us from the start of WoW to the point we are at in the expansions, perhaps a bit further or to the side, and "fix" all the lore that might have had issues. Establish, in a more coherent manner a timeline of what happened when, how it happened, and give us a chance to play on a campaign on the other side of our characters.

It would help reintroduce and identify people with plenty of the Warcraft characters, tell us, canonically, where we are in lore and HOW exactly it happened, and tie up all the loose ends that really are hard to tie up in an MMORPG. It would also lead us to a WoW 2 possibly.

It'd be a great way to help people, like yourself, who had or have little idea of what's going on, to be pulled back into the mix of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    On that note, a Warcraft 4 would be a perfect place to fill all the gaps and solidify what we see in WoW, lore wise.

It would take us from the start of WoW to the point we are at in the expansions, perhaps a bit further or to the side, and "fix" all the lore that might have had issues. Establish, in a more coherent manner a timeline of what happened when, how it happened, and give us a chance to play on a campaign on the other side of our characters.

It would help reintroduce and identify people with plenty of the Warcraft characters, tell us, canonically, where we are in lore and HOW exactly it happened, and tie up all the loose ends that really are hard to tie up in an MMORPG. It would also lead us to a WoW 2 possibly.

It'd be a great way to help people, like yourself, who had or have little idea of what's going on, to be pulled back into the mix of things.
    I went back and played through them towards the end of TBC I think. But yeah in terms of "In WoW" as far as Outland goes, Vash'j and Kael'thas are definately the 2 antagonists. Illidan? Who's he??

Krekko my guild forum sig is the same as your MMO one. Did I just steal it from you?

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post

I would prefer for a WarCraft 4 to just pick things up from 3, not WoW. In WoW story has been consistently and thoroughly damaged in favour of gameplay. Plot-holes became more like plot-chasms. Why go to the trouble of fixing all those holes only to end up with just a bit less of a a mess, and not just start over if you can?

Illidans behavior has less to do with tyrande and more to do with the fact that he has a huge ass ego and Malfurion keeps unintentionally showing him up. Illidan always felt that he was the better twin, his chosen school of magic was superior to his brothers skill and chosen school of magic. Illidan always thinks he knows better than everyone else and he is willing to do anything to get the result he is looking for no matter how many people tell him that it is morally bankrupt, the ends justify the means. He loves his brother but damn people need to recognize Illidan’s greatness first. Tyrande was just a trophy wife that he lost to Malfurion even though Illidan considered it a sure thing, she should of swooned as soon as illidan told her, “Tyrande, I choose you! Aren’t you lucky?!?”

15+ Year Old Account
    I went back and played through them towards the end of TBC I think. But yeah in terms of "In WoW" as far as Outland goes, Vash'j and Kael'thas are definately the 2 antagonists. Illidan? Who's he??

Krekko my guild forum sig is the same as your MMO one. Did I just steal it from you?
    Haha, yeah, you see him in a cinematic, and for most people they go the majority of the expansion without knowing who he is, why he's there, why he's bad, and other than him looking really cool, why they should care.

Vashj and Kael'thas definitely have a more prominent effect throughout the expansion, and to most people, despite being mere underlings. You *felt* their presence more and saw it more.

I mean, in theory the build up the Illidan was cool and the build up to Black Temple was awesome, it just didn't pan out, sadly.

Haha, yes you did. Made it when I made this account long ago, maybe even before. Can't remember at this point haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    I would prefer for a WarCraft 4 to just pick things up from 3, not WoW. In WoW story has been consistently and thoroughly damaged in favour of gameplay. Plot-holes became more like plot-chasms. Why go to the trouble of fixing all those holes only to end up with just a bit less of a a mess, and not just start over if you can?
    Honestly I see nothing wrong with WoW lore, if it were to be flushed out and worked on and finalized.

Like giving us a "This is what happened, this is when it happened, this is the coherent flow of it all".

Fill in plenty of gaps to help make things more cohesive and feel more "real" for some, but also to add depth and complexity to it.

The point of it being was that so many people play WoW but only know Warcraft lore in the bubble of... well WoW. That robs them of appreciation of it, and much like plenty of people didn't know about Illidan, or had reason to care for Illidan, I'd say that a WC4 would be a great addition to the game to help invest and build up what has happened. It's not like you can really just be like "scratch that all".

Illidan wasn't present into much later in the expansion. While this wasn't inherently bad, I think increasing presence is a good thing, and the "looming" feeling of him getting closer and closer and your encounter becoming impending is a cool aspect to have, we were just so far removed and out of touch from him for so long that when we got to that point we did not have that emotional investment in him, unless you played WC3/TFT.