Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Doesn't happen anymore. Stampede pets only use autoattack.
    It should be as you said, yes.

But with a patch day just a few days ago, maybe the spell is glitched again.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

You could try putting Growl in the pet bar, so you can see if it is being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    It should be as you said, yes.

But with a patch day just a few days ago, maybe the spell is glitched again.
    Regardless, the hunter in question is level 83. It can't be stampede.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    they changed that, stampede'd pets just autoattack now, no growl, no abilities, no nothing.
    I know

And yet, chances are how it bugged out again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Regardless, the hunter in question is level 83. It can't be stampede.
    Oh, now we talking.....
    Hmmmmm.......... then I'd say...
    If you accuse someone for wrong doing, provide the log entry that is proof. So, if the tank bitches, he better can show how the pet actually really taunted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they may have broke something with certain pets. I have no experienced this issue, but our monks Xuen was taunting things even with its taunt turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAviator View Post
    You could try putting Growl in the pet bar, so you can see if it is being used.
    It is on the bar and it is turned off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Rupprecht View Post
    I think they may have broke something with certain pets. I have no experienced this issue, but our monks Xuen was taunting things even with its taunt turned off.
    Xuen from the talent? That has no pet bar. There's nothing to turn on and off... It's just an image, like fiends from SPriests.
    The only way for Xuen to taunt is, when the Monk is in Brewmaster spec. And that's intended.

Deleted
    My hunter is an alt, and i have the same problems with my pets, they also taunts. the growl is off on all of them. And tanks yelling all the time , so now i am not playing my hunter alt atm. Maybe the pets are better then the tanks ? or maybe it is something wrong atm . But dont like when tanks calling me for an idiot and noob. But my pets growl is OFF and they still taunts .My main pet is an spirit beast , the cat from Sholazar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flingan View Post
    My hunter is an alt, and i have the same problems with my pets, they also taunts. the growl is off on all of them. And tanks yelling all the time , so now i am not playing my hunter alt atm. Maybe the pets are better then the tanks ? or maybe it is something wrong atm . But dont like when tanks calling me for an idiot and noob. But my pets growl is OFF and they still taunts .My main pet is an spirit beast , the cat from Sholazar.
    One more thing I would do is, to put the pet on passive for some time. Go on with the run with the pet standing next to you and see how the aggro issues proceed.
    Misdirect the crap out of the tank in addition.
    Also, thoroughly investigate your combat logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Xuen from the talent? That has no pet bar. There's nothing to turn on and off... It's just an image, like fiends from SPriests.
    The only way for Xuen to taunt is, when the Monk is in Brewmaster spec. And that's intended.
    Xuen has a fully functional pet bar for BrM, taunt included.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    All I can think of is that the tank you run with might just be a bad tank.

Yes the same thing has been happening to me all expansion. It's not a frequent thing but it does happen. I have no macros or anything like that but I do see a growl cast actually go off and see it go on my pets GCD. I haven't found any way around it and just have to deal with it.

Not sure if the BadPet addon is still working for this patch (it was fine in 5.3), but if so, that could help you figure out errant Growl casts. If that's what's going on.

Another possibility is Misdirection. I know you said you're not using it on your pet, but are you using it at all? Because I've noticed some weird stuff going on with my MDs, where it goes to the pet even when I casted it on the tank.

My pet dies to trash in SoO also and I can see the mob specifically targeting my pet. Only conclusion I can come up with is I'm running with blink strikes and my pet reaches the mob first. If the tank is already on the target maybe he loses melee range and they attack what's closest. Could just be a bad tank.

Deleted
    If Growl isn't switched on and you don't have Growl in any macro the only thing I can think of is bad tank who isn't using a tankstance (seen plenty of Blood DKs and Pala tanks not using blood presence or righteous fury for example).

Regarding pets dying in SoO, you better get used to it. I've never ressed my pet so much in a raid before like I do in SoO. At least half of all fights in SoO have some issues regarding pets.

Deleted
    Just dismiss your pet... We told our hunter 8 or so years ago when he wiped us in ubrs blackhand encounter that we hate him if he ever has a pet again and he never failed us again since. You are a hunter, it's your fault either way. Just don't use a pet or you will add a minus to a minus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Just dismiss your pet... We told our hunter 8 or so years ago when he wiped us in ubrs blackhand encounter that we hate him if he ever has a pet again and he never failed us again since. You are a hunter, it's your fault either way. Just don't use a pet or you will add a minus to a minus.

You'll add a minus to your DPS, more like. Hunters are not like warlocks: pets are an essential part of our damage in every spec.

If your pet gets aggro from taunting, there'll usualy be a normal taunt animation over the mob's head when it does it, you could try watching for that. If you're trying on training dummies, note that they won't be visible on the boss ones, and the other ones seem to have the animation partialy burried in the dummy's head.

If it is, and not showing as doing it, you could try going to the pet's spellbook and toggle the autocast, or you could try if stabling it helps.
    If you're not using addons, you can also try the UI reset(deleting the WTF, Interface, and Cache folders), i have experienced issues with old wow data causing errors on newer expansions, even on Blizzard's own addons. Without addons the potential loss of data should be minimal.

If your pet isn't taunting, you could consider getting a threat monitoring addon to keep track of the pet's threat. Though the pet shouldn't really be able to pull aggro from damage before the other people in the group, and while there's a few other ways the pet could get aggro from, i find them rather unlikely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post

Sacrificing 20-40% of your DPS because a tank can't hold threat would be the wrong solution. Maybe misdirect the tank or teach them to play better.

I would use Badpet as suggested above. http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/badpet

You'll find out pretty quickly if the pet is actually growling or just pulling threat.

Deleted
    Misdirect on CD's to tank..

I pull aggro of tanks all the time (Which is kind of sad after the 40% buff to threat)

Make a Macro for MD to Focus and then the first thing you do is Focus the tank and just hit the MD keybind every time it is off CD.. And make a ticket for the issue and let the Staff att Blizzard look this over, if you are able to logg a few fights where it happens, then that would probably help alot.