Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Pet is taunting even with growl turned off

I have just been kicked from my second LFG because they got mad that my pet was taunting and that I wasn't turning off growl. But the thing is that I do have growl turned off. But even with it turned off my pet still will occasionally taunt off the tank. I've tried relogging, changing pets, re-spawning pet neither worked. Anyone else ever have this problem? I haven't played my hunter since WOTLK and have only since yesterday started leveling him again so maybe I'm just missing something. I've also check the pet spells for another ability that taunts but there isn't one.
    Last edited by Khailik; 2013-11-01 at 09:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    I have just been kicked from my second LFG because they got mad that my pet was taunting and that I wasn't turning off growl. But the thing is that I do have growl turned off. But even with it turned off my pet still will occasionally taunt off the tank. I've tried relogging, changing pets, re-spawning pet neither worked. Anyone else ever have this problem? I haven't played my hunter since WTOLK and have only since yesterday started leveling him again so maybe I'm just missing something. I've also check the pet spells for another ability that taunts but there isn't one.
    well for me it sounds like the Tank is a noob and you just got aggro of your high dmg as BM...... so the tanks were total noobs and or didnt have the aggro increase spells/stances active. nuff said

are you sure the tank didn't just suck?
    i know my pet gets aggro from time to time on trash in LFR because i crit with kill command & stuff
    other than that, i would suggest switching a pet untill you figure out whats wrong
    -also, were your pet specced into tenacity by chance?
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    well for me it sounds like the Tank is a noob and you just got aggro of your high dmg as BM...... so the tanks were total noobs and or didnt have the aggro increase spells/stances active. nuff said
    I'm not BM. And one of the tanks was my friend on his prot pally. No way in hell could I/pet ever dream of pulling aggro off him without a taunt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danmakus View Post
    are you sure the tank didn't just suck?
    i know my pet gets aggro from time to time on trash in LFR because i crit with kill command & stuff
    other than that, i would suggest switching a pet untill you figure out whats wrong
    -also, were your pet specced into tenacity by chance?
    As I stated I did try other pets, and no he's specced cunning.

Deleted
    Maybe it were the Stampede pets who did have taunt turned on? That's what's happened to me a few patches back.

Deleted
    Only 1 solution I can think of. Dismiss your pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Only 1 solution I can think of. Dismiss your pet.
    Well what's the fun in playing without a pet? lol

Deleted
    I had the same issue yesterday in SoO. My pet was constantly dying from trash mobs. Growl was inactive, I did not missdirect on my pet and our tank has no problem keeping aggro (I also was no BM).

Deleted
    Check you dont have some old macro in use that maybe manually casts growl when you use certain abilities? You have not played in a while so it could be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cydri View Post
    Check you dont have some old macro in use that maybe manually casts growl when you use certain abilities? You have not played in a while so it could be possible.
    Nope no macros

It could be a display bug if you're using addons, especially out of date addons. Try disabling any addons and see if it still taunts.
    You can also make a log and see if the pet actually taunts there.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

What kind of pet do you use, some have more than one way of taunting?

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    It could be a display bug if you're using addons, especially out of date addons. Try disabling any addons and see if it still taunts.
    You can also make a log and see if the pet actually taunts there.
    I'm not running any addons. I don't use them until I get to 90.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balgazarr View Post
    What kind of pet do you use, some have more than one way of taunting?
    [IMG][/IMG]

Deleted
    I know it's off-topic, sorry - but I'd just like to say that that pet name is really brilliant XD

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    I know it's off-topic, sorry - but I'd just like to say that that pet name is really brilliant XD
    Haha thank you

Deleted
    Other pets in your slots with Growl on will cause them to growl left and right when popping Stampede.

Not using stampede.

Just to state the obvious, "off" is "no sparkly gold border", right?

If you're not using any macros I really don't know what it could be. You're sure they are actually taunting, it's not just tanks who don't want a bird in their face?

Maybe it were the Stampede pets who did have taunt turned on? That's what's happened to me a few patches back.
    Doesn't happen anymore. Stampede pets only use autoattack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a tank pet in the group? When you cast stampede it'll summon all your pets with all their active abilities. Now if you have a turtle for example, it will taunt since that's what they do, even with aoe taunt.
    Solution: get the Glyph of Stampede. That spawns only mirror images of your active pet and not the whole zoo.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Got a tank pet in the group? When you cast stampede it'll summon all your pets with all their active abilities. Now if you have a turtle for example, it will taunt since that's what they do, even with aoe taunt.
    Solution: get the Glyph of Stampede. That spawns only mirror images of your active pet and not the whole zoo.
    they changed that, stampede'd pets just autoattack now, no growl, no abilities, no nothing.
    I like my coffe like my mages.