Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question *New Feature* at BlizzCon - Says PvP designer Holinka

PvP designer Holinka says new feature will be revealed at blizzcon, so it might be a pvp feature..

https://twitter.com/holinka/statuses/396093458802167809

We've all been there. You come out of a meeting about a feature you know fans will love. But you have to wait a week until they find out :-(

10+ Year Old Account
    Hall of Heroes like in gw1 confirmed

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was either Spectator mode or Skirmishes... more likely the latter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it have to be pvp related just because hes lead pvp designer?

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Hall of Heroes like in gw1 confirmed
    I didnt play gw1 what is hall of heroes?

Deleted
    solo RBG queueing!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This is true it does not have to be pvp based. but you never know :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I would really like pvp scenarios. Think quick 10 min matches with 3-10 players and pvp objectives possibly mixed with some kill the enemy captain pve objectives.

First win of the day +200 honor and 50 conquest.
    Second+ win +75 honor and 20 conquest points.

Plus think of the bags of gold=D.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well yeah or else Ghostcrawler usually says about new features like connected realms etc

New feature: GC quits. That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Well yeah or else Ghostcrawler usually says about new features like connected realms etc
    But he said "a meeting", meaning any number of WoW devs could have been on it. And considering how close Blizzcon is and considering this is a feature to be revealed at Blizzcon, it very well could have been something completely PvP unrelated. He was commenting/tweeting as "WoW dev" not as "PvP dev".

RIDEABLE DRUIDS
    calling it now.

wait, what do you mean it was implemented last expansion?--

fudge....

TAMEABLE DRUIDS! CALLING IT NOW!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

fucking Holinka, since that person appeared in their team PvP is became complete shit, he should be fired...
    I smell nothing good from it and another feature to destroy players vs players fights

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    solo RBG queueing!
    I sure hope so! Or maybe, Arena queuing?

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    fucking Holinka, since that person appeared in their team PvP is became complete shit, he should be fired...
    I smell nothing good from it and another feature to destroy players vs players fights
    I respectfully disagree. Holinka came into the job when MoP was already in place, meaning he couldn't change any of the major mechanics that were already there. He also joined when BM Hunters were 1shotting with pets and Warriors had 5 stack TfB and gag order.

Since then, he has increased resilience, increased battle fatigue (thus slowing down the pace of PvP), brought in conquest catch-up, brought in cross-realm arenas, pushed for hundreds of PVP related balance tweaks and generally made PVP more enjoyable.

There is still a lot of work to be done, but Holinka is doing a fantastic job at the moment. He is also promoting a lot of PvP tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely separate pvp and pve

solo RBG queueing!
    it's called random bgs

solo RBG queueing!
    Yes pls. But they have to add something to stop bots from using it aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerr View Post
    Yes pls. But they have to add something to stop bots from using it aswell.
    Which they can't. Social control (i.e. player control) remains the best way to beat the bots.

That being said, I hope for 5v5 rated bgs. I feel like arena maps are too small for proper 5v5, and in the end we play AB and eye of the storm, that were designed for 15v15 as 10v10 in rbgs as well. Maybe 7v7 would work, dunno, but on maps like twin peaks, gilneas and wsg I can definitely see the fun in that.

solo RBG queueing!
    I guess this could be a "feature," but I would be mildly disappointed if that meets their criteria for that word.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    You should be banned just because you are one of the many people who simply post to be destructive.

Holinka has been in the PVP team for not long and since he arrived many things have changed for the better. Unfortunately the biggest problem atm is class balance in therms of CC and DPS wich i'm pretty sure it's not only his call on the situation since adjusting class balance also affects PVE so it must be a group decision to change things, not just his.

Please avoid being unfair to people who realy haven't got the guilt.

If you would bash GC on the other hand, i would be quiet since he is the lead dev for a lot more responsabilities than just holinka.